[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?  (Read 14299 times)

aquatic

Re: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
Whatever you're smoking, stop.

William, William.... You being a Christian should have some empathy. When you preach the gospel, do you not get the same response? ďStop smoking ď. ďYouíre nutsĒ ??? Paul was called mad.

My point is this: The world has lied about the truth (spiritually) since the beginning. The gospel is infinitely more important than anything. If they canít even get that right, then how come you think they would tell the truth in worldly matters?

Think about it!

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
Our public education system is and has been in shambles. 

[Soapbox mode on]
What has that got to do with an obvious con artist President who knows nothing about education, who appoints someone to run education with little experience in education? What has that to do with the clear lack of integrity and the audacious, insulting, uninformed, impudent, crazy, pompous, uncivil, unprofessional, childish, immoral, braggadocious, incompetent, ignorant, lying behavior of this President? What has that to do with the chaos of this scattered administration with resignations and firings on a scale never before seen in the history of the United States? These are people he claimed were perfect for the job and that he hired and wanted and praised. And he's only been in office for two years. What has that to do with his unsavory connection to the Russians? What has the educational system before he got there have to with his being the worst president in U.S. history?  Nothing!

Just My two cents

[Soapbox mode off]

aquatic

« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »

What has the educational system before he got there have to with his being the worst president in U.S. history?  Nothing

You (and I) and anyone whose grownup in a public school has been indoctrinated to be obedient slaves. ďTheyĒ donít want critical thinking citizens who search out the truth and not believe what we are force fed.

Because of this most people canít even distinguish between ďgoodĒ and bad presidents. Anyone who believes Trump is the worst president (at this present moment) doesnít know U.S. history.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2019, 02:58:08 AM »

What has the educational system before he got there have to with his being the worst president in U.S. history?  Nothing

You (and I) and anyone whose grownup in a public school has been indoctrinated to be obedient slaves.

I will repeat what he asked since so many here never seem to give a straight answer. What has poor education have to do with Trump being the worst President we have ever had. He hasn't done one thing for education. But just like studyman, you introduce this straw man because you have no answer, only distraction. Tell me, has Trump ever done anything you would disapprove of Mr. Christian man?

Isaiah 5:20
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Because of this most people canít even distinguish between ďgoodĒ and bad presidents.

Only the Trump cult I guess. They are the only real intelligent people of this country who know acting bad like trump is really being good.  NOT!

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »

William, William.... You being a Christian should have some empathy. When you preach the gospel, do you not get the same response? ďStop smoking ď. ďYouíre nutsĒ ??? Paul was called mad.

Come on, the Apostle Paul would never support a man like Trump, I don't think he would even be involved in such worldly issues so don't kid yourself. But you know what?  I do have empathy, but it's for Bill's post. I feel his frustration. You say Abraham Lincoln was a worse President than Donald Trump, and you dare castigate Bill for implying you may be on some medication?  To tell you the truth, I don't know what would possess you to say something like that, while at the same time you continually make excuses for a clearly morally bankrupt man like Trump. It's mind boggling to many of us. You think William is the only one who finds your statement weird? I assure you, he is not. And why do you assume that you are the only one here knowledgeable about American History? That's very Trumpian of you.

I have never heard a Trump cultist speak with fairness or rationally about anything this man does. I say cultist, not Republican or conservative, because I am conservative and mostly vote Republican myself. I'm saying the blind Trump base who wouldn't criticize his actions if he shot someone in the street. Just as Trump himself prophesied he could do and they would still support him. I found that comment amusing at the time, but listening to you, maybe I should rethink that. Could be that is one of the few things he's been right about. I don't speak on him emotionally, but I refuse to sell my morals down the river for partisan politics or anything else in this temporal world.

Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Some Christians believe that a believer shouldn't say this, but if the man is a habitual liar and the worst President we've ever had, then he just is.  I'd be lying if I said I thought he wasn't. I know he is, not by emotion but by his character, actions and profaneness. I'd say the same thing about a Democrat who was putting us on the path to war, or was as continually morally disgraceful and acted in the manner that he does. Some professing Christians just don't get it. But God doesn't have a double standard for partisan groups. As his follower, I'm sorry but I can't either.  That's this Christian's view on this divisive subject, like it or not.

aquatic

« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2019, 03:33:56 PM »

I will repeat what he asked since so many here never seem to give a straight answer. What has poor education have to do with Trump being the worst President we have ever had.

Iíll try to be clear, since youíre a little slow... Poor education and indoctrination has given you the inability to even realize that Trump isnít the worst. Over half in the survey canít even remember recent history. Let me give some examples of negative impacting events in history and see if Trump even comes close:

Civil War- 600,000 dead. Couldíve been prevented
ďThe New DealĒ worsened the Great Depression
Creation of the FED; taken off the gold standard
Watergate
Vietnam- another unnecessary war (all wars are)
Bush lying about WMD, invading Afghanistan, Iraq millions dead

Thatís off the top of my head...

Now tell me  how is Trump worse than any of that????

Yes, I have disagreed with Trump. Iíve written about it in a post or two. You can find it.

Have you agreed with Trump.. I already know the answer. Have you had anything remotely nice to say about Trump? He is human after all .

aquatic

« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »

Come on, the Apostle Paul would never support a man like Trump, I don't think he would even be involved in such worldly issues so don't kid yourself. But you know what?  I do have empathy, but it's for Bill's post. I feel his frustration. You say Abraham Lincoln was a worse President than Donald Trump, and you dare castigate Bill for implying you may be on some medication?  To tell you the truth, I don't know what would possess you to say something like that, while at the same time you continually make excuses for a clearly morally bankrupt man like Trump. It's mind boggling to many of us. You think William is the only one who finds your statement weird? I assure you, he is not. And why do you assume that you are the only one here knowledgeable about American History? That's very Trumpian of you.

I have never heard a Trump cultist speak with fairness or rationally about anything this man does. I say cultist, not Republican or conservative, because I am conservative and mostly vote Republican myself. I'm saying the blind Trump base who wouldn't criticize his actions if he shot someone in the street. Just as Trump himself prophesied he could do and they would still support him. I found that comment amusing at the time, but listening to you, maybe I should rethink that. Could be that is one of the few things he's been right about. I don't speak on him emotionally, but I refuse to sell my morals down the river for partisan politics or anything else in this temporal world.

Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Some Christians believe that a believer shouldn't say this, but if the man is a habitual liar and the worst President we've ever had, then he just is.  I'd be lying if I said I thought he wasn't. I know he is, not by emotion but by his character, actions and profaneness. I'd say the same thing about a Democrat who was putting us on the path to war, or was as continually morally disgraceful and acted in the manner that he does. Some professing Christians just don't get it. But God doesn't have a double standard for partisan groups. As his follower, I'm sorry but I can't either.  That's this Christian's view on this divisive subject, like it or not.

Reformer, Iím not more knowledgeable about history than everyone here. I just believe itís beyond ridiculous to say Trump is the worst, without even thinking of MAJOR events in U.S. History. See my examples in the last post. It seems people want to think heís the worse simply because heís a fornicator, liar, etc.

Iím only ďtaking up for himĒ because the title and the survey results are outrageous.

And Lincoln was a tyrant who couldíve prevented the Civil War in which 2% of the country died. 600,000 people.   Trump hasnít done anything close to that, so itís safe to say Lincoln is worse than Trump. Weíve been indoctrinated to believe he was a great president. So itís reasonable to say these things without being on medication. Maybe shocking to say it, but not unreasonable.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »
Poor education and indoctrination has given you the inability to even realize that Trump isnít the worst.

)smileyBounce( You mean we're all stupid and the cultists are the only ones who can see that Trump is the savior who will single-handedly make America great. You must be a rocket scientist, I can tell  ::)   

Over half in the survey canít even remember recent history.

Now you're omniscient? I thought only your great leader Trump was? Personally, I find the people here more intelligent than any forum I have been on. Because they seem to know how to separate facts from propaganda, and truth and straw men. Ask Studyman :)

Let me give some examples of negative impacting events in history and see if Trump even comes close:

Civil War- 600,000 dead. Couldíve been prevented

I wonder how? Could it be by the south abandoning their rebellion against their government, which you claimed in so many posts that you believe is sin? I guess that didn't apply to the rebellion of the south against their government. That was all Abraham Lincoln's fault. Can you spell hypocrite? Or maybe if these rebels just abandoned the wickedness of slavery like the government told them to do?  But no, it's not their fault it was because Abraham Lincoln was such a bad President he secretly desired to murder thousands. ...You are so delusional.

ďThe New DealĒ worsened the Great Depression

That makes him a President doing worse than Donald Trump in trying to help people.  :o Oh you are so delusional. The Civil was was because of people like you who don't understand the duty all to obey government that has been instituted by God, and the duty of the President to by law defend the constitution. In your cultist mind, I guess that means only for white people.

Thatís off the top of my head...

Wow! When you ask how is Trump worse than Abraham Lincoln, I say in every way imaginable. Read Lincoln's speeches and then read Trump's speeches, and then rest your weary head in the bed of delusion. Next like Republican Congressman Steve King you'll be asking men when did White Nationalism and White supremacy become bad words. You have that same mindset. You Steve and Trump.

Have you agreed with Trump.. I already know the answer.

Of course, because you think you are omniscient. But for the rest of the rational people here I will answer that question for myself. Yes, I have agreed with things Trump says. For example that the Members of NATO should pay their fair share, that we should beef up border security (but not with a wall), that we should clean up the mess in Veterans Hospitals (which he hasn't done), that the education system needs to be overhauled (which he hasn't done), and so on. And despite his rantings to the contrary, most people (even Democrats) agree. His lies notwithstanding. The problem is, he's a moron and a mental midget that can't get anything done because he alienates everyone he needs to get the job done. Even most of those he hires to be in his administration. So once again the cultist is wrong. Take those blinders off.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

aquatic

« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
So has Trump done anything worse than what I listed? You ignore millions of deaths and your answer is that Trump is worse than Lincoln because of his speeches.

I can see this is a waste of time... because Iím OMNISCIENT!

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2019, 05:13:26 AM »
Reformer, Iím not more knowledgeable about history than everyone here. I just believe itís beyond ridiculous to say Trump is the worst, without even thinking of MAJOR events in U.S. History. See my examples in the last post.

I saw your examples and just as you think it ridiculous for a Christian to think Trump is the worst, I think it is ridiculous to say Abraham Lincoln is a mass murderer responsible for all the deaths of the civil war. To me, that's making Philly's point for him about cultism. Abraham Lincoln is in no way worse than Trump. The government leaders in time of war are not mass murderers. If that were the case, we'd have no Presidents that aren't mass murderers because every single President, including Trump, is ready to go to war should certain circumstances merit it. That includes Joshua and King David and a host of other leaders of God's people. And to say a man is a horribly bad President simply because he tried to help people out in the Great Depression is even worse logic.

You ignore millions of deaths and your answer is that Trump is worse than Lincoln because of his speeches.

That's not what he said, he was saying to compare the speeches, one is hateful and divisive and the other is trying to bring the North and South together and heal a nation. You're telling me you didn't understand that is what he was saying? I agree with Philly. Trump is a worse President because he listens to no one, looks at the world with a childish (or senile) understanding, is a dictator, has no respect for constitution or law, has terrible policies that will destroy the deficit, is out to win at all costs, is vile and hateful to anyone and everyone who would dare disagree with him, is a racist and defender of hate and lies. And that's just for starters the things everyone knows about him.

It seems people want to think heís the worse simply because heís a fornicator, liar, etc.

He's not just a liar, there hasn't ever been any President who has even come close to the extraordinary number of lies that he routinely tells the American people almost daily. And not clever lies, but ridiculous lies that any fool can fact check in 30 seconds. Obviously he doesn't care because he depends on those in spiritual insanity, the cultists and those with a conscience that is so spiritually bankrupt that they just don't care about a President deceiving the public or telling an outrageous number of lies. Oh yes, he's the worst this country has seen.

Iím only ďtaking up for himĒ because the title and the survey results are outrageous.

A man of his ilk needs no taking up for, he needs Americans to stand up and say this behavior is unacceptable in civil society. Enough is enough.

And Lincoln was a tyrant who couldíve prevented the Civil War in which 2% of the country died.

You believe what you want. Abraham Lincoln was a lot of things, but a tyrant is not one of them. Unless you actually don't know what a tyrant is. For example, Donald Trump is a tyrant. The dictionary defines Tyrant as

"a dictator; a sovereign or ruler using power oppressively or unjustly; a despot or authoritarian; a bully; a governor or other leader in authority exercising power oppressively or despotically;
a man of compulsory influence; anyone exercising power in a hateful or cruel way"

Doesn't sound like Lincoln, but sure sounds a lot like Trump.

so itís safe to say Lincoln is worse than Trump.

It's safe to say it, but it's not accurate. But on the other hand, most die-hard Trump supporters have never been really accurate about most things, especially things that don't agree with their premise that is designed to make Trump look not-so-bad. An impossible task.

Weíve been indoctrinated to believe he was a great president.

Speak for yourself. I repeat what I said before, it's very Trumpian to think you're the sole person here understanding real history.

So itís reasonable to say these things without being on medication. Maybe shocking to say it, but not unreasonable.

To be honest, I believe anyone who thinks that Trump is a good man, a good President, good for this country, a good leader, a thinker, a man who stands with Christians, a man with a moral compass, or a man concerned about anything besides his riches, narcissism, ego, and the perceived size of his cult following, are without the smallest particle of Godly wisdom. I truly believe that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Peng Bao

« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
To be honest, I believe anyone who thinks that Trump is a good man, a good President, good for this country, a good leader, a thinker, a man who stands with Christians, a man with a moral compass, or a man concerned about anything besides his riches, narcissism, ego, and the perceived size of his cult following, are without the smallest particle of Godly wisdom. I truly believe that.

And you are not alone in that. Even from those on the outside looking in. I am amazed at just how much dishonesty and immorality is almost considered normal for us and expected these days.

aquatic

« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2019, 05:53:55 PM »

To be honest, I believe anyone who thinks that Trump is a good man, a good President, good for this country, a good leader, a thinker, a man who stands with Christians, a man with a moral compass, or a man concerned about anything besides his riches, narcissism, ego, and the perceived size of his cult following, are without the smallest particle of Godly wisdom. I truly believe that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thatís very bold. But very wrong. Correct me if Iím wrong, but itís seems youíre implying that anyone who supports Trump isnít a Christian?

Iím a Christian that believes Trump is good for this country compared to the last 4-5 Presidents.
So youíre saying I donít have a particle of Godís wisdom? As a Christian?

Im saved solely by Christís blood, not my political views!

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2019, 01:26:32 AM »
Iím a Christian that believes Trump is good for this country compared to the last 4-5 Presidents.

Good for this country? How is hate and division good for this country, and there has been nothing but that since he took office. To compare him favorable to Abraham Lincoln is a joke. I won't even comment on that because it's so dumb no one believes it anyway. I'd say he is singlehandedly destroying nonpartisan civil politics, taking down free press and constitutional law, and wrecking this country, civility, democracy, law, and order. He mocks the truth and you think he's great for the country? You talk about civil war, what has this man brought to this country but civil war since he took office? As for the last five Presidents.

Barrack Obama (2009Ė2017)
George W. Bush (2001Ė2009)
Bill Clinton (1993Ė2001)
George H. W. Bush (1989Ė1993)
Ronald Reagan (1981Ė1989)

I'd say you are dead wrong. But that's just me.

Jeff

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2019, 02:35:04 AM »
Trump is "seriously" talking about disbanding the FBI and aquatic is talking about the United States being a Terrorist state, Abraham Lincoln being a mass murderer and Trump being the greatest President in the last five. Who can take people like this seriously when they speak? Whenever he talks about religion, I'm going to ask myself, how can I take him seriously? As a Christian, this is the kind of thing that makes you throw your hands up and say no wonder people don't take Christianity seriously. Too many hypocrites and wild-eyed political zealots.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2019, 09:25:35 AM »

Thatís very bold. But very wrong.

Says You. You haven't been right yet. Of course you'd say that. I expect that from someone who thinks Donald Trump is a greater President than Abraham Lincoln  ::) I expected nothing less.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but itís seems youíre implying that anyone who supports Trump isnít a Christian?

I think you know I'm not a man who minces words. I say exactly what I mean and I mean exactly what I say. So in case you didn't read what I said, I'll say it again in quotes.

"To be honest, I believe anyone who thinks that Trump is a good man, a good President, good for this country, a good leader, a thinker, a man who stands with Christians, a man with a moral compass, or a man concerned about anything besides his riches, narcissism, ego, and the perceived size of his cult following, are without the smallest particle of Godly wisdom. I truly believe that."

I hope that is clear enough for you. It would be like the Apostle Paul ranting and raving in support of Nero Claudius Caesar. That would make him void of any Godly wisdom. Instead he points out that civil government is ordained by God for society's protection.

ďLet every soul be in subjection to the higher powersĒ (13:1).

He doesn't say he's great for the country, he's greater than the former leaders or that David was a mass murderer because he was a leader who sent his people to war. He knew Caesar was wicked, a deceiver and ungodly leader, and if he thought anything less that would make him dense.

Good for you. Or maybe not so good depending upon your outlook on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Iím a Christian that believes Trump is bad for this country compared to the last 4-5 Presidents. I believe Trump has tapped into the spiritual insanity that is nothing more than tribalism spawned by the emotional carnality of man. You know, the old "It's those people's fault over there" that Hitler perfected in his march to power.

So if you say you're a Christian that believes Trump is good for this country, that's your right. As is my right to say I believe any Christian that believes Trump is good for this country, has no Godly wisdom at all.  You're demonstrating the same lack of wisdom that said Abraham Lincoln was a terrible leader that was worse than Trump because he killed thousands by sending them to fight in the civil war. Which is silly logic and no wisdom at all.   IMHO.

Im saved solely by Christís blood, not my political views!

Indeed. Nevertheless.

Lu 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

This is also true. In other what you love, your works, your life, your actions, your thinking, and your beliefs also reveal who you are more than simply saying who you are.  The Pope, Jim Baker, Adolf Hitler, Jim Jones, all say they are saved solely by Christís blood. In the end, what does that mean for them? Nothing. Why? Because a tree is known by its fruits, evil doesn't beget good, good doesn't follow after wickedness, and a house divided cannot stand.

So how about this. You believe what you want, and I will believe that no man of the toxic, despicable, disgraceful, noxious ilk, injustice and behavior of Donald Trump is good for this country. And yes, if you think what is going on in this country right now is good for America, I think you are without the smallest particle of Godly wisdom. I truly believe that. Because it's been a total breakdown of government, Godly law, order, reasoning, civility and grace.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]