[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?  (Read 11124 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2018, 12:03:25 PM »
Stelter to Trump: Enough with the Lies

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

William B

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2018, 04:26:44 PM »

You know what Kellyanne Conway said :)

Besides, he doesn't lie, he just can't remember the truth ;)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2018, 07:47:59 AM »
It's not really funny. That video says people are smart enough, but I'm not sure that is true that people are smart enough to know what a lie is. Certainly not the alt right evangelicals who continue to show Christian support of his lies and deceit. Unless they aren't Christian.

The question I have is, is it Journalists Job to point out the lies? I'm not really sure.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
The question I have is, is it Journalists Job to point out the lies? I'm not really sure.

Not Sure?  If not journalists, then who? That would leave everyone blind to what's really going on. Like in Russia and China and North Korea. Thank God for journalists. The only people who don't like Journalists are fascists and despots or dictators.

And Philly, that was a very interesting video.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2018, 12:04:45 PM »
And Philly, that was a very interesting video.

Not reallty, it's just repeating the same old lines. News flash, we don't care about the lies. We care about the country.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »
News flash, we don't care about the lies. We care about the country.

How can you care about the country and not care about the lies? Better yet, how can you be Christian and not care about the lies?

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
News flash, we don't care about the lies. We care about the country.

How can you care about the country and not care about the lies? Better yet, how can you be Christian and not care about the lies?

)amen( Let's face facts, just as El Diablo, Trump is waging a war against truth and the worst evangelicals are fighting alongside of him rather than against his war. Any truth that contradicts his lies, is demonized as fake news. Evangelicals like Dan and these preachers Trump keeps parading on stage with him, I think are at war with God. They don't know it, but their weapons of war are carnal, rather than spiritual as it is supposed to be. When Dan, and also those like him who say they don't care about the lies, I think they show their true colors as far as being Christian.  Their excuse is that everyone lies. Personally, I have never, ever seen any politician lie like Trump, be as immoral as Trump, as arrogant, rude, crude, self loving, as greedy or that has a cult of personality that worships him as if he were a god. It's sickening because that is the essence of antichrist. A liar and false god who evangelicals worship. Connect the dots. Follow the money. Face the facts. Like John the Baptist, be a Christian.

"MarK 6:18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife."

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »
)amen( Let's face facts, just as El Diablo, Trump is waging a war against truth and the worst evangelicals are fighting alongside of him rather than against his war. Any truth that contradicts his lies, is demonized as fake news. Evangelicals like Dan and these preachers Trump keeps parading on stage with him, I think are at war with God.

Democracy dies in the darkness. Trump wants to keep people in darkness, and he uses lies and attacks journalists who uncover the lies in order to do so.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »

President Trump discloses Stormy Daniels payment debt on financial form
 NBC News
JONATHAN ALLEN
May 16th 2018 2:10PM

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump reported that he reimbursed personal attorney Michael Cohen for costs apparently incurred in paying adult film star Stormy Daniels for a non-disclosure agreement, according to a federally required annual financial disclosure form released by the Office of Government Ethics Wednesday.

"In the interest of transparency, while not required to be disclosed as 'reportable liabilities' ... in 2016 expenses were incurred by one of Donald J. Trump's attorneys, Michael Cohen," a note at the bottom of Page 45 of the 92-page report states. "Mr. Cohen sought reimbursement of those expenses and Mr. Trump fully reimbursed Cohen in 2017. The category of value would be $100,001 to $250,000 and the interest rate would be zero."

The acting director of OGE, David J. Apol, concluded that Trump's report "meets the disclosure requirements" — the outside group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington had filed a complaint that Trump's 2017 form had improperly omitted a "loan" from Cohen — but noted that making that debt public "is required."

Federal law requires White House officials, including the president, to "report liabilities owed to any creditor that exceeded $10,000 at any time during the reporting period." It is illegal to "knowingly and willfully" omit or falsify information on disclosure forms, a crime punishable by a fine and up to one year in prison

Last year, Trump did not disclose any debts to Cohen, who executed a payment of $130,000 to Clifford less than two weeks before the 2016 presidential election. Trump, who has denied having a sexual relationship with Daniels, wrote on Twitter, reversing an earlier statement that he was unaware of the payment. Trump confidant and adviser Rudy Giuliani described the transaction by saying money was "funneled through" Cohen's law firm.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2018, 05:42:00 AM »

Scott Pruitt. Another Trump apointed Skunk bites the Dust by Trump's own hand. What a liar!

Who's next?

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2018, 02:52:22 AM »

Trump admin favored corporations in opposing breastfeeding resolution: report

Rebecca Shapiro
Jul 8th 2018 8:48PM

President Donald Trump’s administration put the interests of corporations over efforts to protect children’s nutrition earlier this year when officials opposed a breastfeeding resolution that was widely considered noncontroversial, The New York Times reported Sunday.

The resolution presented in May at the World Health Assembly was based on decades of scientific research, according to the Times. It said breastmilk is healthiest for children and that countries should prevent false or misleading marketing of substitutes.

But U.S. officials tried to remove language from the resolution that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breastfeeding,” according to reporter Andrew Jacobs. Jacobs said he had spoken with a dozen people from several countries who participated in the negotiations.

Limiting inaccurate infant formula marketing is most necessary in some of the poorest parts of the world, according to a Guardian investigation published earlier this year in partnership with the international nongovernmental organization Save the Children. Infant formula companies “use aggressive, clandestine and often illegal methods to target mothers in the poorest parts of the world to encourage them to choose powdered milk over breastfeeding,” the report said.

Investigators looked at the Phillippines in particular and reported that formula companies, including Nestlé, Abbott, Mead Johnson and Wyeth (now owned by Nestlé), targeted doctors, nurses, midwives and new mothers by creating “infant care” pamphlets promoting formula for distribution in hospitals and using Facebook advertising to reach potential customers. The companies denied any wrongdoing.

“At the same time, powerful lobby groups have been working to curtail government legislation regulating formula marketing and promotion, in the Philippines and across the world,” the Guardian reported.

The U.S. threatened to withdraw military aid and engage in punitive trade tactics with Ecuador after it introduced the breastfeeding resolution at the World Health Assembly, the Times reported. Other countries appeared hesitant to back the resolution after seeing the U.S. threaten Ecuador.

But the U.S. reportedly did not object when Russia stepped in to support the resolution, and it was approved. However, the U.S. was successful in removing language that said the World Health Organization would support countries trying to stop “inappropriate promotion of foods for infants and young children.”

The U.S. has long used trade policy to prioritize domestic corporations, particularly pharmaceutical companies, at the expense of global health efforts. Delegates from other nations were reportedly “stunned” to find Trump officials using trade threats to oppose a breastfeeding resolution.

A Department of Health and Human Services spokesperson told the Times that the effort was to prevent “unnecessary hurdles” for mothers seeking to feed their children. However, critics saw the move as another example of the Trump administration favoring corporations over public interests.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2018, 02:55:25 AM »
Not reallty, it's just repeating the same old lines. News flash, we don't care about the lies. We care about the country.

News Flash. If you don't care about the lies, you don't care about the country.  You're just lying to yourself. Those who don't care about lies are of lies.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2018, 07:34:16 AM »
How can you be a Calvinist and hate trump. You liberals can't stand that you're losing and the country supports what Trump is doing. I know you liberals cry about his corporate policies, but the truth is, what's good for corporate America is good for America in general. I'm so sick of the liberal fake news. Fox is the only News Network that will tell it like it is. If you don't like this country, leave it!

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
North Korean defector: Kim Jong Un 'is a terrorist'
Gene Kim, Jennifer Osaki and Matthew Stuart Jun. 29, 2018, 12:12 PM

The whole world watched as president Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held a summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018. A North Korean defector and human rights activist, Yeonmi Park, shared her opinion on the historic meeting. The following is a transcript of the video.

Yeonmi Park: What kind of leader of free world is going to meet a dictator as worse as Hitler saying "It's an honor to meet you."

Yeonmi Park defected from N. Korea at the age of 13. She is now a human rights advocate.

Park: I think what happened in this summit between Kim Jong Un and Trump, it is unimaginable. It is almost, I feel like, we are living in an alternative reality.

President Trump and N. Korean leader Kim held a historic summit in Singapore on June 12.

Donald Trump: Most importantly, I want to thank Chairman Kim for taking the first bold step toward a bright new future for his people.

Park: What do you mean that you… praise Kim Jong Un for being a tough leader? I mean, you were saying how impressed he ran the concentration camp. Like he said like "I'm impressed how Kim Jong Un did that at the age of 26 when he got the power." I mean, yeah, he killed his own uncle, he killed his... he poisoned his own brother. When did that thing become a subject of praise?

Trump: Well he is very talented. Anybody that takes over a situation like he did at 26 years of age and is able to run it and run it tough. I don't say he was nice or say anything about it. He ran it, very few people at that age. You can take 1 out of 10,000 probably couldn't do it.

Park: Kim Jong Un is not the leader of North Korea. He's not democratically elected by us. Kim Jong Un is not representing who we are. He got his throne through his father dictator. And he's a terrorist. He's terrorizing us.

Trump: His country does love him. His people, you see, the fervor… they have a great fervor. They're gonna put it together, and I think they're gonna end up with a very strong country.

Park: People in North Korea don't love him. If we don't show our loyalty, we are gonna get killed. And that is not something you should be praising for. You should be crying for North Korean people. And you should try to free these people. So, I think I don't ever want, even further on from now on, other media or other people joining this Trump side and legitimizing this dictator and empowering him because we have to hold this dictator accountable for the crimes that he's committing against humanity. And he needs to set his people free from the oppression. So, I think this is another wake-up call for all of us who live in this free world that we cannot praise a dictator who kills people. That is not something that is praiseworthy. That, we need to hold him accountable. And he is a murderer. We should never forget that.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2018, 02:21:14 PM »
How can you be a Calvinist and hate trump. You liberals can't stand that you're losing and the country supports what Trump is doing. I know you liberals cry about his corporate policies, but the truth is, what's good for corporate America is good for America in general. I'm so sick of the liberal fake news. Fox is the only News Network that will tell it like it is. If you don't like this country, leave it!

You're wrong all around Sonny. Number one, I'm not a Calvinist, I'm a Christian who believes in the sovereignty of God. Number two I don't hate Trump, I despise lies, treachery, deceit and evil manipulation. Number three, I'm not a liberal, I just don't support the right wing fanatical evangelical nonsense that in Trump's case the ends justifies the means. Lies are lies no matter who tells them, whether Trump or Clinton, Bush or Obama, me or you, corporation or public entity. Number four, I'm not losing, the church is losing because you can't build a righteous society, and most certainly not upon lies and distortions. Number five, I don't care what the "Republican" country is supporting, I care what the church is supporting by this false sense of righteousness. It smacks of being just like the Scribes and Pharisees with their self righteous politics. Number six, What's good for corporate America is "seldom" good for America, Christian or otherwise, and history has proven that time and again. Number seven, Fox has turned into State TV, just like in Russia. They don't tell it like it is, they tell it like Trump and company wants it told. That's a fact. There is a difference. And finally eighth, I don't have to leave my country because short sighted anti-government fascists take it over, I can bow the knee right where I am and pray for them.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]