[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: International Political and National Disgrace!  (Read 1163 times)

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
Re: International Political and National Disgrace!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 07:21:55 AM »
 :feed-troll: Everyone knows what you said Reformer, it's a matter of public record. You have nothing to defend from the blind Trump worshipers. Stan Pat said it best, it's too easy to play the victim when you're the one at fault. President Trump does it also. Shoot yourself in the foot, and then cry about being a martyr.
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Admin

• Administrator
  • Me Boss, You Not!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 07:49:14 AM »
We'd rather leave the forum.

You had your chance to leave. Now you're forced to leave. Bye!

Fred been Banned for violation of rules.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »
 &TY

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »
 :)  Real News - Real Good News!

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 06:52:04 AM »
>>>
Gee, I wonder why Tony Warren "never" comments on political matters?
<<<

Wonder no more. It's because Tony Warren has more life changing, productive and Christ centered things to talk about. But thanks for asking.

Are you saying that fighting against liberals, abortionists, anti-god zealots and antisemitism is unproductive? Says who?

Granny

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »

What is with you guys who idolize President Trump? First you jump on Christians here who speak out about politics and his unchristian behavior saying they should stop talking about politics. Now you want to jump on Tony because he's not speaking about politics? Seems to me your just looking for an argument either way.

Eugene Coburn

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
Granny,
   Tony's already explained his position and even wrote an article about politics and religion. Drew is just taking up where Fred left off to take the emphasis off Christian doctrine and behavior. Just as they all do.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »
>>>
Are you saying that fighting against liberals, abortionists, anti-god zealots and antisemitism is unproductive?
<<<

I try to be thorough in what I'm saying, forgive me if I have in some way confused you. I'm saying that the Christian's fight is against the world constantly assaulting the church to bring its rule there, not against the world rule and system itself. The gospel is meant to call the elect out of the world, not to call the world to be elect. Did you ever read of Christ leading a political assault against the government of Rome who brutally and unjustly ruled over Israel? Have you read of the apostles Paul, Peter or any of the early church using their time and gifts to bring about better government rule of nations? That's because the gospel is meant to call people out of the world into the Kingdom of Christ, not to make the world the kingdom of Christ. Believe me, it's a full time job doing that, not a side effort to do when we have time after our political agenda is secured. Our eyes are on the wrong things. A political agenda that will never be accomplished because the world will never be made righteous. Nor is that God's will. His will is for us to work to bring a remnant out of the world, not that the world governments are made to do God's will. That will never happen. The church is the light of the world, and was never meant to attempt to make the world a light. Too many Christians are so occupied with this world they have forgotten their "true" calling and commission.

John 17:9
  • "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine."

Christ doesn't pray for the world because He doesn't pray in vain. He prays for those whom God has predestinated and chosen (the elect) out of the world unto salvation. To me, it is very sad that Christians have confused the great Christian commission with the great Political expedition. Only one is fruitful and will save lives, the other is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. What I say is pick your fight, but only one leads to victory. For we wrestle against greater powers than that in Washington D.C., and against a enemy that appears as a wolf in sheep's clothing and that doesn't care about our politics, race or economics. He doesn't seek to sit high in a Washington office, but high in the Lord's congregation. Take your eyes off him and that is when the evil day will overcome you.

Ephesians 6:12-13
  • "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

Satan's whole Modus Operandi is to get you to take your eyes off the rulers of darkness of the world infiltrating the church and place them somewhere else. The old sleight of hand trick, the shell game, the distraction from the task God has given you. You ask want I'm saying, and I tell you I'm saying God has told us what our jobs were and what would be productive through the power of Christ. His work order was not that His apostles change the world, governments or politics, but to change lives by loosing prisoners through the power of the gospel. If the gospel were meant to change governments, then it has been a dismal failure ever since it started. Q.E.D., that proves it was not.

2nd Corinthians 10:4
  • "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."

The strong holds that we pull down by the gospel are spiritual, and are not in Washington D.C., but are spiritual principalities and powers much more lethal and important.

>>>
Says who?
<<<

It's my post, so "says me." When I read my Bible (as opposed to political rhetoric), this is what I understand as the Christian calling. But if you find something else much more important, then I'm pretty sure you will undoubtedly follow your own path. My path is to fight for a good place for many in a Spiritual kingdom, not a worldly earthly one.

John 18:36
  • "Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

As faithful Christians we must know that this is not our home. We are from a different country (Hebrews 11). We are as strangers and Pilgrims here, just passing through and knowing that this country is just fuel for the fire. We are ambassadors of a greater nation than America, Great Britan, Israel, Russia or China. Our work is not to make America great, but by power of God to show how great the country that we are citizens is.

Hebrews 11:13-14
  • "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
  • For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country."

How soon we forget.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »
Finally the President did something that we all can agree on. With intense pressure from Republicans he finally and reluctantly expelled 60 Russians because of Putin's poisoning of British citizens. Maybe Republicans should do this more often instead of backing his stupid tweets and crying about so-called fake news.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 07:57:51 PM »
Parkland Student Protesters Become Right-Wing Targets
by CHRISTOPHER WILSON
Mar 27th 2018 5:13PM

In the wake of Saturday’s massive rallies calling for new gun legislation, the student survivors of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School have themselves become political targets.

Republican State Rep. Mary Franson of Minnesota spent Saturday evening posting a series of messages to Facebook comparing the Stoneman Douglas students leading the Never Again movement to the Hitler Youth. Franson later deleted her account, but the City Pages Minneapolis captured screenshots of the images, which included a quote from Adolf Hitler discussing the Hitler Youth movement. Franson did not respond to a request for comment.

Franson was joined in her Hitler Youth comparison by the far-right conspiracy site InfoWars, which has repeatedly compared Saturday’s March for Our Lives to a Nazi movement. In a video posted to their verified YouTube page, InfoWars overlaid the audio of a Hitler speech and the crowd from a Nazi rally with footage of Stoneman Douglas student David Hogg’s speech on Saturday. The site — which has interviewed President Trump and Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla. in the past — has also posted videos with the titles “Democrats Use Nazi Style Propaganda to Brainwash” and “Cult Minions March Against Guns in Austin Texas” over the last few days. The site also promoted the conspiracy theory that there were multiple gunmen during the Parkland shooting.

A Republican candidate for the state legislature in Maine dropped out of her race earlier this month after calling Hogg a “moron” and “baldfaced liar” and fellow Stoneman Douglas student and activist Emma Gonzalez a “skinhead lesbian.”

On Monday, the right-wing blog Red State promoted a story that Hogg was not at Stoneman Douglas during the shooting only to follow up with a correction of that assertion that blamed a “confusing” CBS News video. Hogg was in the school during the shooting — including interviewing his classmates while they hid from the gunman —and returned later that day to talk to more of his classmates at the scene.

Even before Saturday’s rallies the Stoneman Douglas students have been attacked by right-wing media since the Feb. 14 shooting. A number of outlets accused them of being “crisis actors,” paid performers who were never actually in danger. It’s a similar tactic that repeats itself after most mass shootings, with InfoWars host Alex Jones’ claim that the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary was “completely fake” among the most notorious lies.

Over this past weekend doctored images of Gonzalez went viral, and a video of her tearing a gun target was photoshopped to make it look like she was tearing the constitution was shared across social media. She was also targeted by the campaign of Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, for wearing the patch of a Cuban flag on her jacket. Gonzalez is part-Cuban and was defended by GOP Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Cuban native who represents south Florida.

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

The reaction to the March also included CNN contributor and former Republican Senator Rick Santorum suggesting the teenagers would be better off learning CPR than marching, an idea that was rebutted by a multitude of medical professionals who pointed out that CPR doesn’t help with the treatment of gunshot wounds. The conservative magazine National Review added their own stories to the mix, with one piece referring to the rally organizers as “Teenage Demagogues” and another questioning if Hogg was an “Oracle, or Useful Idiot?”

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 08:13:22 PM »
Holocaust Survivor On Trump’s America: It’s ‘1929 Or 1930 Berlin’
by Jenna Amatulli from HuffPost

A Holocaust survivor says the rise of the American far right under President Donald Trump “feels like 1929 or 1930 Berlin” as Nazis thrived, and “things just go from bad to worse every day,” according to a Newsweek story.

Stephen B. Jacobs, a New York-based architect who designed the Holocaust memorial in Buchenwald, Germany, spoke to the publication ahead of Thursday’s Holocaust Remembrance Day. The Polish-born Jacobs, 79, has lived in America since a few years after being liberated from the Buchenwald concentration camp on April 11, 1945.

Though Jacobs was not yet alive in 1929 or 1930, the Nazi Party’s second largest base of support at that time was in Berlin, after Munich. The party’s Berlin branch was headed by Joseph Goebbels, who later served as minister of propaganda under Adolph Hitler and frequently referred to Jewish people as “negative aspects” who needed to be “eradicated.”

On the growth of the far-right movement and white nationalism in America, Jacobs said, “There’s a real problem growing.”

“Things that couldn’t be said five years ago, four years ago, three years ago — couldn’t be said in public — are now normal discourse,” he said. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

Jacobs terms Trump an “enabler’ of far-right rhetoric,” citing his first-hand knowledge of the president.

“I’m involved with New York real estate, I know this man personally,” he said. “Trump is an enabler. Trump has no ideas. Trump is out for himself. He’s a sick, very disturbed individual.”

The septuagenarian also said he couldn’t quite call Trump a fascist because “you’ve got to know what fascism is” and he doesn’t believe the president “has the mental power to even understand it.”

“We thought our country had changed. In fact, it didn’t. We were operating on a misconception,” Jacobs said.

People thought, ”‘My god, we elected a black president in the United States! Look how far we’ve come!’ We haven’t.”

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 10:51:42 PM »
Philly,
   You were the first one to recognize Trump's Hitler-like fascism with his attacks on the media, fermenting class wars and always looking for enemies to separate people and ferment hate instead of bringing people together. Now others are finally recognizing how this is so like the rise of fascism in history. Madeleine Albright has this week accused Trump of bolstering fascism worldwide. I couldn't help but think of your warnings last year when I heard her speak. How this is the real danger of the death of courtesy, and the acceptance of lies as normal behavior. It is so surreal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/madeleine-albright-fascism-a-warning-trump-north-korea/

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 12:18:18 AM »

It doesn't matter. Democracy is overrated anyway. Especially when a democratic majority wants abortions, to remove guns and to coddle minorities and special interest groups. Trump being undemocratic is the least of this country's problems.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
The constitutional crisis is here

By Eugene Robinson 17 hrs ago

Stop waiting for the constitutional crisis that President Trump is sure to provoke. It’s here.
On Sunday, via Twitter, Trump demanded that the Justice Department concoct a transparently political investigation, with the aim of smearing veteran professionals at Justice and the FBI and also throwing mud at the previous administration. Trump’s only rational goal is casting doubt on the probe by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, which appears to be closing in.

Trump’s power play is a gross misuse of his presidential authority and a dangerous departure from long-standing norms. Strongmen such as Russia’s Vladimir Putin use their justice systems to punish enemies and deflect attention from their own crimes. Presidents of the United States do not — or did not, until Sunday’s tweet:
“I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes — and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!”

Rather than push back and defend the rule of law, Justice tried to mollify the president by at least appearing to give him what he wants. The Republican leadership in Congress has been silent as a mouse. This is how uncrossable lines are crossed.

The pretext Trump seized on is the revelation that a longtime FBI and CIA informant, described as a retired college professor , made contact with three Trump campaign associates before the election as part of the FBI’s initial investigation into Russian meddling.

With the full-throated backing of right-wing media, Trump has described this person as a “spy” who was “implanted, for political purposes, into my campaign for president.” This claim is completely unsupported by the facts as we know them. Trump wants you to believe a lie.

The informant was not embedded or implanted or otherwise inserted into the campaign. He was asked to contact several campaign figures whose names had already surfaced in the FBI’s counterintelligence probe. It would have been an appalling dereliction of duty not to take a look at Trump advisers with Russia ties, such as Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, when the outlines of a Russian campaign to influence the election were emerging.

Trump claims this is the nation’s “all time biggest political scandal” because, he alleges, Justice Department officials and the FBI used a “spy” to try to “frame” him and his campaign, in an effort to boost his opponent Hillary Clinton’s chance of winning the election. This conspiracy theory has so many holes in it that it’s hard to know where to begin. But let’s start with the glaringly obvious: If the aim was to make Trump lose, why wasn’t all the known information about the Trump campaign’s Russia connections leaked before the election, when it might have had some impact?
The truth appears to be precisely the opposite of what Trump says, which is not uncommon. The record suggests that Justice and the FBI were so uncomfortable investigating a presidential campaign in the weeks and months before an election that they tiptoed around promising lines of inquiry rather than appear to be taking a side. The FBI director at the time was James B. Comey, and while we heard plenty about Clinton’s emails before the vote, we had no idea that such a mature investigation of the Trump campaign was underway.

Now that the Mueller probe has bored into Trump’s inner circle — and federal authorities have raided the homes and office of his personal attorney, Michael Cohen — the president appears to be in a panic. The question is whether he sees this “spy” nonsense as a way to discredit Mueller’s eventual findings, or as a pretext for trying to end the investigation with a bloody purge akin to Richard Nixon’s “Saturday Night Massacre.”

The Justice Department answered Trump’s tweeted demand by announcing that an existing investigation by its inspector general will now “include determining whether there was any impropriety or political motivation” by the FBI. Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein may hope that is enough to avoid a showdown. I fear he is wrong.

None of this is normal or acceptable. One of the bedrock principles of our system of government is that no one is above the law, not even the president. But a gutless Congress has refused, so far, to protect this sacred inheritance.

Trump is determined to use the Justice Department and the FBI to punish those he sees as political enemies. This is a crisis, and it will get worse.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »

It doesn't matter. Democracy is overrated anyway. Especially when a democratic majority wants abortions, to remove guns and to coddle minorities and special interest groups. Trump being undemocratic is the least of this country's problems.

Wow! A communist waving an American Flag.  Laugh to keep from crying.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]