[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: How Can People Be Expected to Believe Without Scientific Proof?  (Read 1257 times)

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
Re: How Can People Be Expected to Believe Without Scientific Proof?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »
Exactly my point. That someone walked on water is not based on science, it's contradictory to science because it's religion.

Religion doesn't walk on water. Can religious people walk on water? Know any religious people able to alter God's prescribed laws for the universe? I don't. Then who can do something that immense? Answer: Only God.

Therefore, objectively we are left with only two choices: deny it happened (must deny evidence including eyewitness accounts, which unregenerate men feel compelled to do, not based on evidence but in-spite of it. Why? Because it leads undeniably to the conclusion that God exists - which the unregenerate cannot accept). Or accept it as true (which God's people do because they know the power of God).

God's overruling of His physical laws are not contradictory to science - the very fact the laws are overruled proves that it is from God, which is the attestation of the divinity of Jesus. Science is evidence based - the evidence is not contradictory or confusing - is is clear. Anyone walking on water proves that God exists - period. The people witnessing Jesus do it knew only God can overrule God. But non-science denies truth - which is then contradictory to real science (and the Bible) which reveals truth.

Real science practiced by real scientists acquiesces to truth wherever it leads, even when they don't like it.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: How Can People Be Expected to Believe Without Scientific Proof?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »
Thank you all for your answers on this topic, I really do appreciate it. I've been trying to work through this question logically and make sense of the whole thing. I have some very interesting points to ponder.

If I'm correct, you're saying God did some very unscientific things (like walking the example of walking on water)?  So that's not scientifically or provable? It's over and above science?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]