[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Help Finding a Thread  (Read 1148 times)

Davis

• I'm a llama!
Help Finding a Thread
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »
Hi everyone. I guess this is the right forum topic for this question. I remember reading a thread here some time ago where people were discussing the propriety of ministers carrying hand guns to the pulpit in order to combat any potential threats. Some of you agreed with it and some didn't. I have tried but for the life of me I can't find that thread (assuming its not deleted). I guess I'm just not very good at knowing how to use the search. If anyone can help me find this thread, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Davis

• I'm a llama!
Re: Help Finding a Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »

&TY That is the one, how did you find that so fast? Thank you so much. I am in a discussion with someone about this same issue and I wanted to print out Tony's brilliant answer, since he addressed it better than I could.  Erik, is that picture you have as your avatar a picture of you?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:46:37 PM »
That is the one, how did you find that so fast? Thank you so much.

Well, I am a computer geek since the dawn of Apple II around 1980. I eventually become a professional web/graphic designer. I know some tips to get information fast on the forum.

One of the tips is when you are looking for a post or thread with specific subject, just type in a keyword within quote marks. For example, to find a thread like "Gun Toting Ministers?", I typed in the search box as followed:

"pastors" guns   

It will search all posts that contains not only "pastors" but also guns so it will help narrow down to specific post/thread you may look for. 

I wanted to print out Tony's brilliant answer, since he addressed it better than I could.

Agreed. I wish I could write as well as Tony.

Erik, is that picture you have as your avatar a picture of you?

Yes, it's me, in the flesh, uh avatar. :-) 

For those who asking about the effect,  I use IOS app called Prisma:

http://prisma-ai.com
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Granny

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 03:58:22 PM »

Erik, is that picture you have as your avatar a picture of you?

Yes, it's me, in the flesh, uh avatar. :-) 

Who'd have thought. Handsome Fellow!  :D

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]