[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Degradation and Decline of the World  (Read 5369 times)

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The Degradation and Decline of the World
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 10:12:11 AM »
)GoodPopst(   )iagree(  This entire country has lost its moral compass. It's lost forever, we're never going to get it back. Not in the church either. But we have to keep on pushing.

)iagree( This is just my opinion, but I think that a lot of it has to do with what's on TV shows that seem to go out of their way to attack anyone who demonstrates morality, and to justify those actions that were once automatically seen as immoral.  The TV shows promote immorality or that at least defend it in their sitcoms, while making people who would protest seem intolerant and judgmental when they oppose it. Especially the News shows, the talk shows and the opinion shows. Instead of reflecting American views in most instances, they always seem to me to be shaping and molding them into what they think is appropriate. The political correctness, the condemnation of anyone who is against corporal punishment, perversion, indecency, divorce, abortion, sexual promiscuity,  or antisocial behavior. So all the good people keep silent so that they are not targeted. That only makes things worse because there is really no push back against these ideas, which makes it seem everyone is for them. There is definitely a great darkness over this world and over the church. One can't kelp but think we are living in the end times. But whenever I say that I always get the eye-roll  ::) from my fellow Christians. Kinda makes me think I'm all alone in my thinking, except when I come here and read a lot of Christians feel the same way.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
Re: The Degradation and Decline of the World
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 06:38:36 AM »
)GoodPopst(   )iagree(  This entire country has lost its moral compass. It's lost forever, we're never going to get it back. Not in the church either. But we have to keep on pushing.

)iagree( This is just my opinion, but I think that a lot of it has to do with what's on TV shows that seem to go out of their way to attack anyone who demonstrates morality, and to justify those actions that were once automatically seen as immoral. 

Did anyone mention the lack of civility, charity and respect for life? All integral parts of the decline in the world.

Kinda makes me think I'm all alone in my thinking, except when I come here and read a lot of Christians feel the same way.

You're not alone. There is us and there is Christ with you.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]