[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Gun Toting Ministers?  (Read 6465 times)

Herman Stowe

• SBC
Re: Gun Toting Ministers?
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2018, 12:28:29 AM »
You either get it or you don't. Like it or not, it's a spirit thing.

It really is. And I think Tony, Erik, Lower, AllofGrace, Frank, Kenneth and others have said the same thing, but maybe not those exact words. We're never going to argue anyone into changing their mind about living in this world as the world does. It really is a spirit thing. It's all of grace and we have no control over that. We are merely witnesses.

I Corinth. 3:7 "So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase."

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2018, 03:24:17 AM »
You know, trying to beat us over the head with a lot of Bible verses that have nothing to do with guns could be considered a form of bullying.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
You know, trying to beat us over the head with a lot of Bible verses that have nothing to do with guns could be considered a form of bullying.

Only in the church of our time could scripture proofs be called bullying, God be seen as subordinate to self-preservation, and guns and Trump be equated with righteousness and God. Only in this time, with this people and this twisted idea that Christianity is politic.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 1 Timothy 4:1-2"

THEODORET comentary explains like English Version, "seared," as implying their extreme insensibility; the effect of cauterizing being to deaden sensation. They are numb to the bible, they have no more feeling toward it as authoritative and so have no fear to deny or ignore it.

Jason

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2018, 07:25:14 AM »
I can say that I don't agree with this anti gun sentiment from Tony and the people in this forum. What would the world be like if there was no American army with guns in world war II? We'd have a world run by Hitler. You all should use your heads. Evil men have always been dealt with.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »
I can say that I don't agree with this anti gun sentiment from Tony and the people in this forum. What would the world be like if there was no American army with guns in world war II? We'd have a world run by Hitler. You all should use your heads.

We should all use our heads? You Trump cultists should all use your ears and stop with the constant lies, distortions, deceit and fear mongering. Tony has never said he is anti gun, and I'm sure you know that but as following the tactic of your mentor. This thread concerns churches becoming armed camps, not whether guns should be outlawed. You should read tony's article concerning guns, governments, police, armies, etc., etc., and stop spouting lies and twisting the truth. But I guess you take your cue from the POTUS instead of God.

Evil men have always been dealt with.

Evil men will always be dealt with, by the Lord. The church is lucky they are not being dealt with, because they deserve it, as we all do. They have much greater things to do than let misguided fear and anger get the best of them. Open your eyes, open your ears, open your mouths.

Romans 12:19-21
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

Christians listen to God. That's what they do. They go with the flow and they don't lie by twisting people's words, nor do they walk all over the bible or spout hatred and create a false division. You should try living in the spirit and doing what Tony does sometime instead of defending deceit and distorting what he says and the word of God he bears witness to.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

AllofGrace

• Seeking Biblical Truth
    • Seeking Biblical Truth
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »

You should read tony's article concerning guns, governments, police, armies, etc., etc., ....

I have searched for the article you mentioned but cannot find it. Do you have a link for it? I would be interested in reading it.
Grace and Peace,

Michael

aquatic

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2018, 01:51:03 AM »
http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/can_christians_rebel_against_government.shtml

Thank you aquatic,
  Tony, you are a man of God of great wisdom and strength among the weak. God bless you brother.

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2018, 05:05:30 PM »
[Soapbox mode on]

I've read the articles, I've read the Christian forums, and I've considered each person's reason for their belief the church should be protected by force or arms. For many, the scriptures don't seem matter and their point of view is more guided by their upbringing and their location on the map. I've thought about this and thought about this and I finally have come to this conclusion. Most of these Christians all seem to have the same basic problem. They are self-centered and vain. Not all of them of course, but from the things that they say I believe they think that they are somehow better than the other wicked sinners of the world and are convinced that they are righteous in God's eyes for taking up arms to resist political and physical evil in the world. I mentioned that the American Revolution may not have been the proper Christian action and was met with such vitriol that I gave up trying to discus the topic. They won't come right out and say it but their replies to scripture reveal they think they know better than God the proper response of Christians to taxation, God's people, politics, Israel, and in dealing with evil among us.

Col. 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

I think they have been spoiled or led away captive through the world's philosophies and the natural laws of men. I think there is only one reason for this. They are vain so that they think far too highly of themselves and their position and connection to this world. As Tony implied, they are not so much strangers here in this world, they look at themselves in this world as permanent residents.

What do you think?

Just My two cents

[Soapbox mode off]

AllofGrace

• Seeking Biblical Truth
    • Seeking Biblical Truth
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »
Here you go

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/can_christians_rebel_against_government.shtml

Thanks! I have believed those very things for over 20 years. I taught my children those exact things about the revolutionary war years ago while homeschooling them.
Grace and Peace,

Michael

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
You either get it or you don't. Like it or not, it's a spirit thing.

It really is. And I think Tony, Erik, Lower, AllofGrace, Frank, Kenneth and others have said the same thing, but maybe not those exact words.
I Corinth. 3:7 "So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase."

I think the motto of the TV evangelical is trust in the Lord, but carry a 45 as backup. Which isn't really trust is it? It's really trust in the 45 and if it fails, pray the Lord will have your back.

If God's house is protected by the Lord, why would you need a gun. Unless you don't really trust the Lord to protect it and you understand you have to protect it yourself. If it is protected by the gun, then you have no trust in the Lord to protect it, and the gun is your real source of protection. You can't have it both ways. You either get it or you don't. This isn't the house of the wild, wild west, it's the sanctuary of the church in the midst of a perverse and unsaved world. Shine as a light, not as the flame of a gun barrel.

Philippians 2:15
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

Our motto should be, you either get it or you don't.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2018, 05:54:01 AM »
Thanks! I have believed those very things for over 20 years. I taught my children those exact things about the revolutionary war years ago while homeschooling them.

Yeah well not every Christian believes that. In fact few Christians believe that. The founding Fathers sure didn't and they were the Christians who started this country. Give me liberty or give me death!

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »
I do not agree with Tony on the actions of the Patriots, the gun in churches or sitting back and accepting undue taxes, or police states or tyranny from governments. Moreover, Christ's confirmed in Matthew 10:34 that he approves the sword. Tony's not the only one who can show scripture.

Do not think that I have come to send peace upon the earth: I have not come to send peace, but a sword. [Matthew 10:34]

That kind of milk toast peace is for long haired liberals and democrats, the sword is for Christians to fight against those who would cause harm to the house of God. Didn't God send two flaming swords to protect Israel? Do we just forget that?

aquatic

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2018, 03:22:33 AM »
I do not agree with Tony on the actions of the Patriots, the gun in churches or sitting back and accepting undue taxes, or police states or tyranny from governments.

Do you not agree with Christ? He paid taxes and accepted the tyranny of Rome.

Moreover, Christ's confirmed in Matthew 10:34 that he approves the sword. Tony's not the only one who can show scripture.

Do not think that I have come to send peace upon the earth: I have not come to send peace, but a sword. [Matthew 10:34]
Read that in context. Christ used the sword as symbolism for division. Division between those in the same household. Believers and unbelievers.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]