[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Zacharias Tomb Found  (Read 4057 times)

Sportsnut

• I'm a llama!
Zacharias Tomb Found
« on: September 25, 2003, 11:25:13 AM »
Has anyone heard that the tomb of Zacharias, the husband of Elizabeth, and father of John the Baptist, was found? I heard something about it on the radio, and am looking for some information. Has anyone heard this, or know of any links?

Dan

• Dan the Man
Re:Zacharias Tomb Found
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 12:19:58 PM »
Has anyone heard that the tomb of Zacharias, the husband of Elizabeth, and father of John the Baptist, was found? I heard something about it on the radio, and am looking for some information. Has anyone heard this, or know of any links?

Probably another Hoax. I heard that the tomb of Jesus brother James that was supposed to be found a few months ago was a hoax. Is this another?

Glenda

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 12:20:56 PM »
 Sportsnut , I did a search and this is the most informative piece I found on the subject.

http://taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2003/08/23/2003064963
And all the inhabitants of the earth [are] reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and [among] the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? Daniel 4:35

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 04:23:53 PM »
Probably another Hoax. I heard that the tomb of Jesus brother James that was supposed to be found a few months ago was a hoax. Is this another?

Actually I heard that some experts say the James thing is a hoax, and other experts still insist that it is genuine. There seems to be a division among experts.

But you know, we don't really need to find these tombs anyway, because we walk by faith, not by sight. Right?

Harold

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 04:14:10 AM »

This link might help you out some.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=3075

It also has something there about the fake.

Harold

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2003, 04:16:42 AM »
But you know, we don't really need to find these tombs anyway, because we walk by faith, not by sight. Right?

But don'y you think that finding these tombs or other historical proofs can give people who are not christians something to believe in? If they have proof, then they might move towards becoming christian. It couldn't hurt.

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2003, 06:31:25 AM »
But don'y you think that finding these tombs or other historical proofs can give people who are not christians something to believe in? If they have proof, then they might move towards becoming christian. It couldn't hurt.

Harold,

Bruce is absolutely right.... these types of  things, whether a hoax or true, have no real bearing on faith or salvation.

Heb 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2 Cor 5:7
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Rom 8:24-25
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Luke 16:29-31
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So you see, although such things may raise interest, they cannot produce faith, which takes the miraculous gift of God's indwelling Spirit, whereby we are given a measure of the faith
of Christ.

judy

'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]