[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Can Christians Participate In Halloween?  (Read 14223 times)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Back a few years ago when I was going to church

So you don't go to church now? That would explain why you are so anti church.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Can Christians Participate In Halloween?
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »

That's because there is nothing wrong with allowing your children to have fun and dress up in silly costumes. There is much too much legalism in some churches where they don't want anyone to have fun or do anything but worship.

You are wrong. Aren't we supposed to worship God in Spirit and Truth. Not with worldly enterainment or with anything with an apperance of evil.

That's why the reformed church has all but lost all its clout and is a shell of its former self. My advice, allow your kids to be kids and grow up having fun just like any other kids.

Your advice comes from Satan, your spiritual father of lies.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
I would not allow my children to celebrate Halloween because witches, devils and heretics have no place in the Christian home or lifestyle. To say it does is just fooling yourself. I would instead teach my children what these things represent. That is the key, use it as a lesson on the difference between Christians and the rest of the world. We are set apart for the service of God and should have no appearance of evil. Start your children off early learning this.

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
 )amen( Rich
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]