[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Knowledge Shall Be Increased (Daniel 12:4)  (Read 1258 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Knowledge Shall Be Increased (Daniel 12:4)
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
Dan 12:4
(4)  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Many people believe that the knowledge has to do with advanced in medical, travel, and technologies which I do not believe is what God was talking about.  But I am curious what do you think the knowledge have to do more with? 

Erik

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

lpowell

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Knowledge Shall Be Increased (Daniel 12:4)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Yes, the word here for knowledge, daath, seems to usually be implying spiritual knowledge of God.  But we need to address the question of whether we can properly handle this fullness of knowledge or is Christ the only one who really can make use of it.  While we are commanded to keep the law, we will fall short and always need the propitiation of Christ.

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Malachi 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

As in Jude 1:9, the chief messenger and perfect high priest, Christ alone, is able to properly handle this knowledge, this law.

Lloyd

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

I believe the knowledge scripture is talking about is the knowledge of scripture. We only have incomplete knowledge while in this world. And I believe that knowledge increased when it was revealed that the Gentiles would receive salvation. This was a mystery before Christ, but after Christ this knowledge of scripture (which was always there) was revealed to the saints. The Gentiles would also receive salvation, and not through the nation of Israel as they has supposed.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

I believe the knowledge scripture is talking about is the knowledge of scripture. We only have incomplete knowledge while in this world. And I believe that knowledge increased when it was revealed that the Gentiles would receive salvation. This was a mystery before Christ, but after Christ this knowledge of scripture (which was always there) was revealed to the saints. The Gentiles would also receive salvation, and not through the nation of Israel as they has supposed.

Reformer,

I thought it says the knowledge shall be increased in the "time of the end." Not during church age?  I thought maybe the knowledge have to do with discernment of prophecies during great tribulation period when Spirit of life came upon two witness?

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
Quote from: Reformer

Hey Reformer,

Dan 12:8-9
[8]  And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
[9]  And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Act 2:14-20
[14]  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
[15]  For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
[16]  But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17]  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

[18]  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19]  And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20]  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

It seemed to me that the time of the end was referred to as the "last days" that Peter talked about.  From Pentecost to the Second Coming which is the great and notable day of the Lord. So the knowledge of Scriptures increases for the Saints after the Pentecost concerning Christ during the Church age, right.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:14 AM »
Hey Reformer,

Dan 12:8-9
[8]  And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
[9]  And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Sealed until the time of the Revelation.

Ro 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

It was made manifest, revealed then, in those last days where Christ died to bring this knowledge.

[17]  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

[18]  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Christ came to bring in the new dispensation, which is the last days, the time of this revealing and salvation to the world, not just the Jews.

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Christ brought this in with the work of the cross.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »
 &TY

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »
 Revelation 1:1
  "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]