[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?  (Read 4764 times)

Margaret

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
This is a topic that is lighting up the web these days. Should Christian Women Wear Yoga Pants, or are they a hindrance to men? I value your opinions.

billnjune

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
Re: Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »
A Montana Lawmaker Wants To Make It Illegal To Wear Yoga Pants In Public

https://www.yahoo.com/health/a-montana-lawmaker-wants-to-make-it-illegal-to-110812280792.html
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:45:25 PM »
As Christian myself, the answer is NO!  I cannot even believe on the number of girls and women wearing one to middle school, high school, church, and in public, even with their parents! 

Women in Christ...the skin-tight yoga pants are actually one of enemies' weapons against Christian modesty. It is the immodest women are an object of temptation for the men (and young boys) around her and could unknowingly lead them astray.  I believe that women MUST cover up so that your brothers in Christ don't lust after your form and therefore sin.

It is time for women of God to start acknowledging their responsibility in this matter, TAKING UP THE CROSS, and honoring God with your clothing.  Stop following the example or FADS of the WORLD and try to justify it with so-called "right" to wear whatever you want.  Do not be deceived. Do you not know that your body belongs to the Lord...and your husband, therefore honor it and set an example to the rebellious world with how YOU honor your body!

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »
Erik  :GoodPopst:

Sue Landow

• Gold Member
  • Distributing to the saints & given to Hospitality.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 06:31:16 PM »
Have you heard about this Christian woman Veronica Partridge who simply wrote a article saying she would never wear Yoga Pants again because of her Christian modesty belief, and how she has received such vile, hate mail and vilification that she had to write another post to explain herself (if you can believe that). It's a wonder anyone speaks out about anything anymore, with the effect of social media today it's like asking to have your life ruined. A few Christians rally around her, but most are attacking her. I don't get it!
"And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened". Luke 13:20-21

Theo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »

I read about that Sue. It's a shame and a disgrace. Especially the Christians arguing with her. Unbelievable!  But that's the world we live in.

But you can't be afraid to take a stand just because you're going to be condemned for it.

Mt 16:24
 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Those words have meaning, it's not just words.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
 ;)P It Depends on where they are, in public or private.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
;)P It Depends on where they are, in public or private.

:idonotagree:
There's nothing wrong with wearing Yoga pants in public or in private. People just don't like seeing women, especially women who are overweight, in these pants. But that's on them, women should not be condemned because men are dirty minded.  Men just want to blame women because they don't want to admit their own sin, that they are the ones lusting after women's bodies. So they blame the women.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1

Women have christian liberty to wear whatever they want so long as it covers their nakedness. Don't get back to legalism.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »
The same thing goes for men walking around in speedos or no shirt and tight trunks. Women, or I should say "Christian Women" are obligated to be modest in their dress. We addressed this topic in another thread about modesty. The same thing applies here.

1Ti 2:9  In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

If a Christian women is wearing a pair of tight yoga pants she is really telling the world that she doesn't really care about the Godly view of modesty. In timothy it is stated the duty of men, and then this duty of women. So it shouldn't be an option, it's actually our duty as Christians. Unfortunately a lot of people (men and women) don't care about Christian duty anymore, it's all about what looks hot on me or what is sexy or what is cool and popular. Sad but true.

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »

There's nothing wrong with wearing Yoga pants in public or in private.

Betty, Betty, Betty.  :-\
  Men are not the cause of women's immorality or immodest apparel. If you want to wear pants that show every curve and crevice of your butt, then just don't call yourself Christian. You'll fit right in with the world.

Shirley

• The Spirit of Christ
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »
Great Article!

That Day I Wore Yoga Pants: 5 Myths About Modesty

http://phyliciadelta.com/that-day-i-wore-yoga-pants-5-myths-about-modesty/

by Phylicia

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
Nice, intelligent Christian article. Thanks Shirley!

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »

There's nothing wrong with wearing Yoga pants in public or in private.

Betty, Betty, Betty.  :-\
  Men are not the cause of women's immorality or immodest apparel. If you want to wear pants that show every curve and crevice of your butt, then just don't call yourself Christian. You'll fit right in with the world.

So I'm judged by men as unchristian because I wear pants? You are unbelievable. You have to buy the clothes that are in style. I don't even think that you can buy what you call modest clothes anymore. They don't make 200 year old western dresses and skirts anymore, which I assume you dirty minded men think women should wear.

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »

Christians and Yoga Pants

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=28151734254

Audio Discussion

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
You have to buy the clothes that are in style.

Psalms 119:101-102
I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.

You obviously do not have a sound judgment when you follow the examples of the world.

I don't even think that you can buy what you call modest clothes anymore. They don't make 200 year old western dresses and skirts anymore, which I assume you dirty minded men think women should wear.

Are you saying that you must wear a yoga pants because there are no longer stores that sells "200 years old western dresses and shirts" anymore?  LOL!  Maybe you have been shopping with WRONG stores for too long that you thought that the skin-tight style has become more acceptable today.  You should try these stores instead: 

http://www.mikarose.com/

http://www.koshercasual.com/

http://sweetsaltclothing.com/

https://www.urbanmodesty.com/

which I assume you dirty minded men think women should wear.

As usual, you are basically parroting society and culture, trying to blame men for it.  It is on YOU because taking Christ's name doesn't make anyone a Christian. Living "IN  and FOR" Christ does.  Its's God's definition of modesty in Scripture v.s. the world's definition of "style" in Vogue magazine. 

Matthew 7:22-24
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:"

The point is that there are many professing Christ thinking they have done things pleasing to the Lord who shall be shocked to find out that they were no closer to Christ than those eye-catching friends of theirs in the world. Christians who are always excusing sin and giving tacit approval of iniquity in the name of "not judging" will stand before God with their mouths wide open, to be judged. But Christianity itself will never be a joke. It is the patience and faith of the saints, the body of those that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. And God did MENTION about modesty in Scripture which you have refused to receive! You go with the world.

Prayed that you repent!

Selah.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]