[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why are there so few Christians in Japan?  (Read 12967 times)

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Why are there so few Christians in Japan?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »
I think it is a natural instinct to call out to God when things go horribly wrong. I don't think they believe in God, at least not like they know he exists, but out of desperation that they know they are out of options. But it's still sad to hear all those cries of desperation and hopelessness.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 02:23:48 AM »
Why is it sad? According to Calvinists, it's all predetermined by God so it's his will. Am I right? Shouldn't you then rejoice?

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »
No, Christians don't rejoice over the lost. They witness to them and pray for them as God wills. The blind aren't condemned because God willed it, they are condemned because of their own sins. The responsibility is mankind's own.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »
And Guess what. More floods and deaths this week, over a hundred drowned,

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/08/torrential-rains-kill-at-least-81-in-western-japan/23477081/

The point is, it's God's will because of their refusal to receive him, is it not? According to Calvinists, isn't this the judgment of God? You say God is sovereign over this, then he ordained it. Or else you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 03:00:37 AM »
The point is, it's God's will because of their refusal to receive him, is it not? According to Calvinists, isn't this the judgment of God? You say God is sovereign over this, then he ordained it. Or else you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

We don't say God is sovereign, we know that God is sovereign. It's like Pearson said. Nothing is by coincidence, nor were the calamities because God thinks Japan is so much worse than Egypt, China or the Netherlands. Sin caused it, God allowed it, man is responsible for it by the curse that came upon the earth in the fall. God could stop it, he doesn't and so it's ordained.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 07:41:00 AM »

How does that make sense?  )hammerhead(

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »

How does that make sense?  )hammerhead(

It makes perfect sense Drew. It seems you are just not predisposed to hearing the truth about God's sovereignty. If God could cause a revival in Japan because he's all powerful, and he doesn't, what does that say?

It says something those believing in free will don't want to hear.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:13 AM »
It makes perfect sense Drew. It seems you are just not predisposed to hearing the truth about God's sovereignty. If God could cause a revival in Japan because he's all powerful, and he doesn't, what does that say?

It says something those believing in free will don't want to hear.

)GoodPopst( Among other things they don't want to hear. Isn't it ironic that those who most reject God's sovereignty, most support Israel's sovereignty? Who most advocate man's free will, are those most opposed to God's free will? Who are most blessed, are those who complain the most about those less fortunate? Who are most hateful, are those who pretend to love? And so on and so forth.

Bottom line, Japan is no better than any other nation. God is in control and is no respecter of persons. Be they Japanese, Africans, Bolivians or Americans.

Lu 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »
And Guess what. More floods and deaths this week, over a hundred drowned,

They are still having serious issues, the deaths at 176 now and counting. Why does places like Japan have such great problems continually. Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Floods, devastating wars, the only country to have a Atom Bomb dropped on it, etc.  And as opposed to God as any nation on earth. You believe that's just luck?

aquatic

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2018, 06:44:39 AM »
Japan’s geographical features easily explain its history of natural disasters. I wouldn’t read into that too much.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2018, 10:15:08 AM »
Japan’s geographical features easily explain its history of natural disasters. I wouldn’t read into that too much.

Of course, there's always an explanation. Why is Japan one of the most non Christianized places on earth? Of course there's a plausible explanation. Why is South America so Catholic? Of course there is a plausible explanation. Why is man made out of the dust material of the earth? Of course there is a scientific explanation for it. There always is. That doesn't mean it's just coincidence with what is written in the Bible. Why was Canaan kicked out of the land and the land given to the people of Israel out of Egypt? Of course people have a plausible explanation, but I prefer God's word that it was because they rejected him.

Believe it or not aquatic, God does judge.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2018, 01:20:54 PM »
>>>

Of course, there's always an explanation. Why is Japan one of the most non Christianized places on earth? Of course there's a plausible explanation. Why is South America so Catholic? Of course there is a plausible explanation. Why is man made out of the dust material of the earth? Of course there is a scientific explanation for it. There always is. That doesn't mean it's just coincidence with what is written in the Bible. Why was Canaan kicked out of the land and the land given to the people of Israel out of Egypt? Of course people have a plausible explanation, but I prefer God's word that it was because they rejected him.

Believe it or not aquatic, God does judge.
<<<

George,
   What do you know. For once, we actually agree on something. But probably for different reasons. Yes, God is beyond the explanations of those without the Spirit. Yes, God is in total control over this world, and yes God does judge according to His will, but it is because He is totally sovereign--which is a view that you totally reject. So while yo're technically right, you are fundamentally wrong.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Sportsnut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2018, 01:58:56 AM »
Funny how atheists all either call out to God to save or help them, or ask him, "Why, Why" when they don't even believe in God. What amazes me is that they even do this in Japan. What does it mean? They know there is a God or they are just speaking out of nothing better to say, like out of frustration?

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »
Why are there so few Christians in Japan? Because there so few Christians in Japan. Cause and effect. japan likes to remain Japan and not have to worry about ungodly immigration.

Maurice

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »

I have a good question. Why did God kill so many women babies and little children in this March 11, 2011 Tsunami of Japan?  )anyone(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]