[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What is Spiritual Insanity?  (Read 7557 times)

George

• I'm a llama!
Re: What is Spiritual Insanity?
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »

I don't know how you guys come to this conclusion. Where do you read that insanity is symbolic of sin? I don't read that in my bible.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 12:51:42 PM »
Today I've been reading some of the ridiculous posts you guys left me that I never got around to reading. Now I know why. Because the majority of them are insane.  You didn't answer anything I said, and you blame the law for everything we have grace for. Instead of blaming men for lust, you blame women for her clothing. Instead of answering questions of why Christ and the disciples did miracles, you claim it has stopped happening.  Instead of just saying that Christians just love what Trump stands for, you blame it on spiritual insanity. It's just sad. Why not just actually address the questions sometimes?

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 02:55:33 PM »
It's just sad. Why not just actually address the questions sometimes?

If you think that none of us have addressed your questions, I don't know what to tell you except that you're clearly not reading the majority of posts to you. I would suggest rereading the replies. Or maybe you just don't like the replies you've been given because they contain scriptures that contradict your assertions. Do you not believe that there are some Christians who are spiritualy mad?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2020, 03:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "Colleen
I don't know what to tell you except that you're clearly not reading the majority of posts to you. I would suggest rereading the replies. Or maybe you just don't like the replies you've been given because they contain scriptures that contradict your assertions.

Bingo!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 02:02:56 AM »

I don't know how you guys come to this conclusion. Where do you read that insanity is symbolic of sin? I don't read that in my bible.

Hmmmmmm. No answers?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 02:50:12 AM »
Quote from: Apostolic
Hmmmmmm. No answers?

Hummmmmm... have you read and receive?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 04:15:25 PM »
>>>
I don't know how you guys come to this conclusion.
<<<

By sound exegesis. The kind where we read God's concepts of truth from out of the Bible, rather than reading our own concepts of truth into the Bible. This knowledge comes from the divine word of God that was inspired so that we might "know" these things. The "where" we got this is right there in black and white on the pages of Holy Canon. And the "how" is through the Holy Spirit of God that reveals truth. You say you don't know how we come to these conclusions, but it is because we "receive" God's word humbly as authoritative that we might be wise. He has instructed us to approach Him that way. Seek His wisdom and knowledge and it will be found. That's a faithful promise, not a speculation. Pray for God's spirit of wisdom with humility so that you too may come to these conclusions. Not because we said so, but because you receive God's word illustrating it.

Proverbs 2:1-6
  • "My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
  • So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
  • Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
  • If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
  • Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
  • For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."

It is written, if you cry after knowledge and ask for understanding, searching for it as the treasure it is, then you shalt understand and find the knowledge of God you seek. That's God's promise. And unlike man's, it is trustworthy.

>>>
Where do you read that insanity is symbolic of sin?
<<<

Luke 8:35
  • "Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid."/li]
That man was mad and naked and was healed of Christ so that he was clothed and put in his right mind. But as Christ said, go and learn what that meaneth, and "He" will have mercy. You see, He is the physician that heals all sicknesses. Of the mind, of the body and of the spirit.

As I said, the "where" we get this is in the divinely inspired infallible word of God. The natural man--that is to say, those of the flesh who look to worldly definitions to define the Spiritual things of the workings of God inevitably miss the mark. The spirit of the world cannot interpret the kingdom, only the Spirit of God can. In other words, these truths are Spiritually discerned or discovered. That's what the word of God said, not elitist theologians. When Christ healed the insane man and the Devil fled from him, the divine truth of this is "Spiritually Discerned." That means not all will receive that this was a "representation" of the deeper spiritual truth concerning the mental unwellness of man, and his being put in his right mind by the doctor called Jesus. When Christ healed the Lazarus and made him rise from the dead, it is "Spiritually Discerned" that this was a "representation" of the deeper "Spiritual Truth" concerning mankind's spiritual resurrection from the dead in Christ. When Christ healed the blind man so that for the first time he could see, it is "Spiritually Perceived" that this was a "representation' of the deeper Spiritual truth of mankind's condition of spiritual blindness before Christ heals him. And so on and so forth. We can only bear testimony to these truths and the Spirit will (or will not) reveal if they are true. Frankly, if you don't see this in your Bible, it "could be" because you understand things in the the spirit of the world or in the spirit of the flesh, and not in the Spirit of truth. I would seek and pray for God's wisdom to replace the wisdom of man concerning these things.

1st Corinthians 2:12-14
  • "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
  • Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
  • But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Foolishness or the truth, it all depends upon what spirit we abide in. The spirit of this world or of the world to come.

>>>
I don't read that in my bible.
<<<

Do you read with an eye to see what God has concealed, or do you read to confirm what you have already been taught? It is written, "it is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter (Proverbs 25:2). Is the tree of life an actual, literal tree? When you see trees in the Bible, do you ever see them as men? It's Spiritually discerned so that you must look closer and search out the matter as is the glory of kings (Judges 9:8; Psalms 1:3; Psalms 52:8; Ps 92:12; Jer 11:19; Revelation 9:4).

Mark 8:23-25
  • "And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
  • And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
  • After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly."

It's foolishness that God says in the day of His judgment on earth after "all Israel" is sealed, that the trees couldn't be hurt by the plagues, only those "men" without the seal of God in their forehead. Are the men with the seal of God in their forehead trees that are qualified as sealed? We'll never know until we understand that it is "Spiritually Discerned" and the glory of Kings to search out the matter. Then are the scales removed from our eyes and we are restored that we do not see these as trees, but men. But as I said, this is foolishness to the natural man who hasn't eaten of the one and only tree of life, which is Christ.

Yes, I read that in my Bible.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2020, 02:03:57 AM »
Makes sense  )Bible-Red(

I don't know about anyone else, but I see this spiritual insanity as a worldwide phenomenon and not just in the church. I wouldn't be surprised if the church didn't start it all by its light becoming dim. But from Christians, to the Boy Scouts, to Parents, Educators, Liberals, Conservatives, Republicans, Democrats, I mean everywhere you look there is this outbreak of irrationality in what can only be described as some sort of spiritual madness. Just so much crazy stuff in the world today. Perhaps Satan is loosed? I mean, how much worse can it get? Plus now with this crazy stuff going on in politics, I think the coming of the Lord is just around the corner.

But anyway, God bless you brother for your continuing efforts to instruct, educate and explain the gospel to those less fortunate souls like myself.
 &TY

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2020, 03:09:16 AM »
Is it spiritual insanity or is it just world wide stupidity. Have you ever seen teenagers as dumb as they are today? I haven't. And their parents twice as dumb. So is it insanity or stupidity?

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2020, 04:31:00 AM »
 )goodquestion( What's the difference? Spiritual insanity is a form of stupidity. All the world is stupid, and now much of the church as well. God calls them fools and their ways foolishness, but stupid works too.

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2020, 04:39:33 AM »
Where do you read that insanity is symbolic of sin? I don't read that in my bible.

Where do we read that nakedness is symbolic of sin. Where do we read that blindness is symbolic of being unsaved. Where do we read that water baptism is symbolic of cleansing? Where do we read that the number 7 is symbolic of perfection?  Where do we read that stars are symbolic of the church? and so on. God doesn't say "You should know blindness symbolizes being unsaved." That's not how God works. We find that out by searching and reading scripture with a mind to receive it.  Did Jesus ever literally say, "I am The Messiah You seek." No, he never said that. But we get that from reading the Bible and not being blind, the same as we read that the insanity healed by Christ symbolized the unsaved mind being healed. What did you think it meant when Christ healed the insane man, the scripture says he was in his right mind? Do you think that was just words or spiritually meaningless? Nothing in scripture is by accident.

"This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead." Ecclesiastes 9:3

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2020, 11:48:58 AM »
 )GoodPopst(

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »
So only the elite Christians know of this so called spiritual insanity? Where are the great papers written on it? Where are the good Christian books that are written about it? Where are the best authors published on the subject? Oh, there are none? Figures. You have no basis for saying something that you made up and teaching it as gospel.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »
So only the elite Christians know of this so called spiritual insanity? Where are the great papers written on it? Where are the good Christian books that are written about it? Where are the best authors published on the subject? Oh, there are none? Figures. You have no basis for saying something that you made up and teaching it as gospel.

The truth is not found in "great papers."

The truth is not found in "good Christian books"

The truth is not found in "best authors published on the subject."

The truth is only found within the Word of God called the Bible. Have you ever heard of the word called, "Bible?"  Do you have it? Then why didn't you start open it and study it yourself?

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2020, 01:42:11 PM »
So only the elite Christians know of this so called spiritual insanity? Where are the great papers written on it? Where are the good Christian books that are written about it? Where are the best authors published on the subject?

So you are implying that truth is decided by Christian authors, books, and papers? Where is that written? It's certainly not a Bible doctrine, so that makes it a man-made doctrine.

Oh, there are none? Figures. You have no basis for saying something that you made up and teaching it as gospel.

That's the lack of understanding that Tony talks about because you don't understand something you think that automatically makes it made up. You think too highly of yourself and you need to show a little humility. I see it in the Bible as surely as I see that a tree's fruits represents a man's works. If Christians would just stop assuming so much, they would see a lot more.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]