[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What is Spiritual Insanity?  (Read 6267 times)

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: What is Spiritual Insanity?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 07:35:55 AM »
Boom! Not only in the church but also with some people right here on the forum.

)Goodpoint(  I was thinking the same thing.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 07:41:03 AM »
Tony,
My question is what is this spiritual insanity that you and others have referenced from time to time.

What others? The fact is, only Tony and Reformer use this term because it's not an actual doctrine, it's something Tony Warren contrived and Reformer latched onto. You don't find it mentioned anywhere in scripture because the author is Tony Warren. My advice would be to go with actual doctrine and allegories that Christ authored, not fancy phrases invented by Tony.

You don't know what you are talking about George. Which is a clue that perhaps you remain in the insanity of unbelief. You should start listening to Tony Warren and stop arguing with him, because I can tell you I've not been here long but long enough to read and know he is truly blessed of God in his understanding. Perhaps you should listen to this sermon on this same topic of spiritual insanity, and it's by Reformed Pastor Greg Elmquist, not Tony Warren. And may God give you the grace of understanding the truth of this doctrine. It's not from man it's authored by God. You and your Trump-supporting friends have your heads so far in the foolery of the flesh, Israel and the world that you cannot recognize truth when you hear it. A blind mind is an insane mind.

II Corinthians 4:3-4
"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=320161159359

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 08:37:09 AM »
 )GoodPopst(  )Goodpoint(  Good Sermon!

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 02:20:27 AM »
 )iagree(
That really was a good sermon. Thanks for sharing it Zerocool. Good to have another believer here who knows the difference between the truth of Christ's allegories and the false narratives of evangelists and Charismatics.  ]ThUmBsUp[

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 07:19:07 AM »
I think that there is a new craziness all over the world, not just in America or in the church. We got Trumpism here, we have Brexit overseas, we have Kim Jong Un, who has always been crazy, but with Trump he's extra nutty, we have Russia's people longing for the good old days of the cold war, we China expanding into Japan and North Korean seas, we have the church acting more like the world than the world, we have South America all messed up, even Saudi Arabia has now gotten into the exporting war game, I mean it's everywhere. There is no peace of mind anywhere on the planet. It just seems like wild unfettered abandonment everywhere and no country is immune.

So I'm wondering if this spiritual insanity isn't global and not just regional? Perhaps it starts in the church and spreads globally. Or maybe the church is the catalyst?

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 08:45:27 AM »
Come on dude, couldn't you really say that about any time in history. There are always tumultuous times and desperate men. You think people weren't thinking that when Mussolini came to power? Or in the great depression? There has always been times of trouble. Here's my philosophy. If the outcome is good, I don't care how we got there. Sometimes chaos is good to snap people back to their senses.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
Come on dude, couldn't you really say that about any time in history. There are always tumultuous times and desperate men. You think people weren't thinking that when Mussolini came to power?

No, they weren't. If they were, we'd know about it from history. This world has never been as despicable and wicked as it is now. And it's getting worse. How could you even think that with homosexuals taking over the world and Christians shrugging their shoulders afraid to say a word about it? Except anonymously.

Scotty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
Are they really supposed to say anything about it? That's not their job, is it? I think that their job is to preach the gospel, not rant about the growing number of gay people.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2019, 05:32:41 AM »
>>>
Are they really supposed to say anything about it?
<<<

Are you "implying" that the Christian should not speak of evil. Hear no, speak no, see no evil? In other words, just ignore it and it will take care of itself? I don't believe that. Are Christians to ignore wickedness and unrighteousness as if it doesn't exist or preach against unrighteousness. Because all the saints I read of, preached against it. The church is not appointed to make altar calls, but preach repentance. No Christian I have read of ignored unrighteousness. Is that what God's messenger Moses did? Is that what the messenger of John the Baptist was? Is that what Christ did? Is that what the Apostle Paul did? Because in the Bible I have, it says that they all called out evil in any form as "disobedience" to God and spoke of the need to repent and turn away from it. The world has to know that unrighteousness is not winked at by God, it is judged and judged severely.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10
  • "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
  • Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Is that not what the Apostle Paul should rant about? Can you imagine a Christian daring to say that a homosexual shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven today? He'd be fed to the lions or torn asunder. He'd be reviled (including by alleged Christians), he'd be persecuted and probably lose his job if he worked for most companies. Have we come close to the church today being silenced? To Christians not supposed to bear witness to the word of God because it might offend someone or we might actually suffer persecution?  Why would that be? Is it because a Christian is supposedly not really to say anything about such things? I don't agree. I think as a steward of God's word it is his "job as messenger or witness" to say such things.

>>>
That's not their job, is it?
<<<

Yes? Unless we want to go around deceiving people, then yes, we are witnesses to the Biblical fact that neither fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (homosexuals), thieves, the covetous, drunkards, revilers, or extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. God judges Homosexuality an abomination, so should we? If we're a Christian witness and messenger, then yes that's our job.

I guess many might think what I said subjective since apparently you (and others) don't think it is for the Christian to call homosexuality or any wickedness for that matter, exactly what it is to God. On the other hand, I and many others do think we should, since that is our calling because to really know what's right in God's law, they should know what God says is wrong--for how will they know without a preacher?

And still other professing Christians probably don't really care one way of the other about it. In fact, I would "surmise" that most professing Christians think that their only job is to profess Christ, go to work, spoil their children, take care of the family, say God loves you to the world, and church on Christmas. It's a sad day when Christians don't seem to know that faith without works is dead, or what being a servant of the Lord really means. A servant serves, he is not continually looking to the master to serve him or to be a genie waiting at his every beckoned call.

>>>
I think that their job is to preach the gospel...
<<<

We do preach the gospel, which is the good news that there is redemption from damnation. There are two sides of that coin. We preach to a spiritually dead, blind, sick and insane world. A world that is ever encroaching into the church of God. A world that is sick of righteousness and is delusionary to think that evil is good. To a church that doesn't know service from Christless inertia. The message of good news "implies" a message of bad news. We preach that..  1.man can be saved  2. from damnation  3. because of his sins. This "is" the gospel the messengers of God bring.  Did Paul ignore homosexuality while preaching about liars, thieves and adulterers? No. The gospel is like waters to a thirsty soul, but also like a two-edged sword that cuts both on the forward stroke and on the backward stroke. It's a spiritual weapon of war.  To think that for Christians to speak of the need of all sinners to repent from their lawlessness/sin is somehow evil (not or job) is to neglect and indeed to abandon the true Christian employment. When John went preaching "Repent!," He was preaching the gospel. Because the gospel is that if we repent "from our wickedness," we can be saved. I know that so many Christians look at the Christian calling out what is sin as some sort of evil judgment, but the truth is that this is the nature of the good gospel. And blessed are those who know the truth and take heed to it.

Isaiah 5:20
  • "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

When Christ went to the cross, the Lord gave the saints judgment, especially for the church, and woe unto those who think that evil. It is not a evil thing to bear faithful witness to the word of God of "His" testimonies of redemption, sin, and judgment that will surely come upon the unrepentant. That includes homosexuality.

>>>
...not rant about the growing number of gay people.
<<<

A euphemism or softening of the word God uses to describe the acts of those who commit this sin, which is "abominable."  The question for Christians would be, what would (and has) the Lord God called a growing number of "gay" people. The Bible, the word of God, gives us our answer, along with what He did about it.

Genesis 6:4-5
  • "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
  • And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Indeed, does that sound like the ranting of God concerning man's continual wickedness on the earth? Did God wink at the homosexuality of Sodom? Well, God's messengers and servanrts are those who bring this word, God's infallible word directly from His mouth to man's ears. It's our job.

Genesis 18:20
  • "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;"

Could the messenger of the Lord not say such things that God declared because it's offensive to wicked man or he thinks it's not his job? Is it his job to stick his head in the sand and pretend none of the wickedness is occurring? Was it not Lot's job to try and warn others (even as he did) to limited avail?  To not warn "the growing number of gay people" (as you say) is to not see the abominations, and thus neglect our jobs. We are messengers of the gospel, not those who seek to hide the message in darkness lest some are offended. On the contrary, we see and we say repent. To hide from it would be ...well, spiritual insanity where we would have dire need of the physician ourselves.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »
>>>
Are they really supposed to say anything about it?
<<<

Are you "implying" that the Christian should not speak of evil. Hear no, speak no, see no evil? In other words, just ignore it and it will take care of itself? I don't believe that.

That's exactly what most Christians attitude is, that it's not their job to say something is a lie, or being gay is wrong, or some teaching is false prophecy or that sex outside of marriage is condemned. Their excuse is always "who am I to judge?'  I am dumbfounded by this attitude because it just makes me want to pull my hair out. These are not people outside, there are people who say they are Christians. How they come to that conclusion based on their philosophies and behaviors, I cannot fathom.

2 Peter 1:8-10
"For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall."

Without the diligent exercise of the graces of God in our lives to serve him, how can you even be sure you are elect? We can't make anyone else's calling and election sure, but we sure do make our own calling and election sure. A Christian may be assured of his own spiritual rationality and sanity, and that starts with evidence of it in our lives., The desire to serve

I ask Christians, why aren't you supporting missions to spread the gospel to the world, and their reply is that they don't have the funds because they didn't get a raise, they have to send their kids to college, they need a better car and so on. Like you said before, it's always as if Christ comes last, not first. yes, just like they don't know their jobs as Christians. If it's not to be a watchman for sin, or to heal the spiritually sick, or preach the gospel of repentance, then what is it? To watch movies and vacation at Lake Tahoe? Because it seems to me they have no Christian job at all, except to say it's not our job.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
That's exactly what most Christians attitude is, that it's not their job to say something is a lie, or being gay is wrong, or some teaching is false prophecy or that sex outside of marriage is condemned. Their excuse is always "who am I to judge?' 

And you think that is wrong? Do you ignore Luke?

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I am dumbfounded by this attitude because it just makes me want to pull my hair out. These are not people outside, there are people who say they are Christians. How they come to that conclusion based on their philosophies and behaviors, I cannot fathom.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

A Christian may be assured of his own spiritual rationality and sanity, and that starts with evidence of it in our lives., The desire to serve

Not everyone can serve.

Because it seems to me they have no Christian job at all, except to say it's not our job.

Spiritual insanity is judging when God says not to judge.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Does Insanity Exist or is it Simply Evil Spirits in Man?
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2019, 06:29:37 AM »
Insanity exists, and it is alive and well in the Republican Party. Is it evil spirits in man? Of course it is. Didn't Christ demonstrate that? Doesn't Trump demonstrate that day after day? Doesn't his cult base demonstrate that? We've heard the crazy ideas, justifications and conspiracies posed by the Trump supporters even here. Everything from the obsession of crowd size, Hitler being misunderstood, Charlottesville Nazi planted by liberals, Google out to get Trump, the Savior of America, and the Clintons killing Jeffrey Epstein. Mental illness is not only in the President, but also in those who blindly believe he is a good man who loves this country. As for the man, once again Psychiatrists are warning of his dangerous instability.

Psychiatrist On ‘The Essential Emptiness Of President Donald Trump’

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Eugene Coburn

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2019, 08:01:20 AM »
I have often wondered if superstition and insanity are related? The Japanese believe there are a billion deities. Isn't that a form of insanity? There isn't a shred of logic or evidence for such reasoning, in fact it lacks reason. Isn't a lack of reasoning a form of insanity?

I don't think so. A lack of sound reasoning is a form of sin, maybe even a lack of education, but I don't know if that can be classified as insanity. For example, a baby's reasoning is not sound, but that doesn't mean the baby is insane.  Right?

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2019, 01:42:02 AM »
I believe insanity exists apart from sin, but I must admit that I don't know that for a biblical fact. I could be wrong, but I haven't been convinced it is a part of sin. Except in the sense that sin spawned it as man was corrupted by sin. It's a tough question when you think deeply about it.

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 08:45:46 AM »

My thinking is that just because God uses insanity as a token for sin, doesn't mean insanity is sin. It's merely symbolic of sin. Bread is symbolic of the word, but that doesn't mean it is the word.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]