[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Evolution of Man Vs The Bible and Science  (Read 35122 times)

Granny

Re: Evolution of Man Vs The Bible and Science
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2019, 10:44:03 AM »
What "exactly" is Theistic Evolution? If we believe the world is millions of years old, does that make us Theistic Evolutionists?

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »
I just finished reading this very interesting thread. 
I then read this masterpiece on Evolution, which was a great culmination of everything said before. 

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/evolve1.html

Bill

)iagree(  Part 2, the scientific defense is not too shabby also.

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/evolve2.html

Tra Millwood

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »
What "exactly" is Theistic Evolution? If we believe the world is millions of years old, does that make us Theistic Evolutionists?

Granny,
   Theistic Evolution is specifically evolutionary creationism. It is basically saying God created the world and everything in it by process of Evolution. For all intents and purposes, it's a compromise, the consequences of which I believe are the devastation of traditional Christian beliefs. Christians started falling into this trap when they bought into the idea that this was real science and not theory. However, the theory of evolution is not science. That myth is something that I agree wholeheartedly with Tony Warren on. we as a country have been brainwashed on this issue and I fear many Christians attempt to bridge the gap of believing the Evolutionists and believing the Bible by calling this collusion Theistic Evolution. That way they think they can have the best of both worlds. But it doesn't work that way.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
From the search:

The Genesis Account of Creation vs. Theistic Evolution
Genesis contains most of what the Bible reveals on the origin of the Universe. Because of its significance, the Genesis account occupies a central position in discussions of the origin and development of life. While the Bible-believer accepts it as the only reliable record of Creation, the atheist dismisses and ridicules Genesis as unscientific Jewish folklore. Theistic Evolution is especially dangerous because it forces the biblical record into an impossible compromise. by Brad T. Bromling, M.A.

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/genesis_account_of_creation.shtml

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2019, 05:46:09 AM »

I guess the question is, do you believe the world is millions of years old? And do you believe God created the world in millions of years?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]