[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What is Eschatology and is it Important?  (Read 13968 times)

Beechwood

• Fishers of Men
What is Eschatology and is it Important?
« on: May 28, 2003, 11:02:21 AM »
Fellow Bible believers,
  I'm trying to understand just how important the question of one's eschatological view should be? Is it really that important to strive for uniformity of our views, or should we just be open minded and accepting of others opinions on it?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: What is Eschatology and is it Important?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 01:25:38 PM »
>>>
Fellow Bible believers,
  I'm trying to understand just how important the question of one's eschatological view should be?
<<<

My belief is that it's very important, because it is by definition the revelation and good news of the present and coming Kingdom of Christ, and the gospel truth of that Kingdom is very important. Look at it this way--how important is it to the true believer that he teach the doctrines of sovereign grace in election, as opposed to doctrines of election by genealogical hierarchy? How important is it that he teach that we must interpret God's Word by His Word, that there be no private interpretation based on world events or the predictions of men? How important is it that believers teach that Christ has defeated Satan by His cross, and has already established His Kingdom reign, rather than will do this? Or to teach that He has set His people Israel free, rather than that this is something that is all our personal opinions? How important is it to teach this is the fulfillment of prophecy rather than something that will be done in the future? Well, all that "is" eschatology. You see the bottom line is that the real importance of our eschatology is the difference between teaching supposition and lies, and teaching the truthful doctrines of scripture. Not in teaching my personal opinion of eschatology mind you, but teaching what is written plainly upon the pages of the Holy Bible, as opposed to doctrines that are "read into" the Bible. My view is that this should be something that is not only very important to the true believer, but essential. Yes, I said it. Eschatology is an essential, which is precisely why God incorporated it into His sacred word.

Psalms 119:9-11
  • "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
  • With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
  • Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Unfortunately, with all the proverbial lemmings of our day, the Panmillennialists and slothful Christians in the church, the importance of one's eschatological view is put on the level of one's choice of a brand of socks. In other words, it's not deemed that important at all. However, when we seek to be faithful to God, that means we do our best to hold to faithful teachings of His Word, "whatever" it may be.

Proverbs 30:5-6
  • "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
  • Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

Adding to God's Word by speculation and supposition should be at the top of our lists of "what not to do," but it a bad habit that so characterizes theology today. Proverbs 20-5-6 is the attitude that we should take regarding the importance of His every word. It is an attitude where we love God so much that we get on our knees and pray earnestly for His wisdom and understanding of "His" kingdom. Not one of throwing up our hands in the air declaring "we'll understand it by-and-by" as we set our minds on watching the latest TV program. In other words, to deem it important.

>>>
Is it really that important to strive for uniformity of our views,
<<<

Is Christ divided? Is it important that His doctrines not b subject to personal or private interpretations? Does He teach uniformity of His kingdom reign or a mishmash of diverse views according to one's own choosing? I believe that the church should first strive to conform to the Word of God in doctrinal purity and consistency, and the for doctrinal unity in the church will followsuit (based upon that consistency of scripture). We must seek the harmony of our truth of scripture in all areas of our doctrine. By the Spirit of God residing within faithful Christians, usually a humility is manifested before God's Word, and therefore unity should follow. Unity should follow because while we tolerate certain inevitable differences of opinion in charity, we do not compromise scripture or the clear Biblical declarations of God for the sake of (so called) peace. In other words, while we understand that no man's theology or eschatology is perfect, we also understand that God's Word, by definition is! Therefore we must not (and indeed cannot) give leeway to private (personal) opinions or interpretations based upon the fables and imaginations from the hearts of men. In the Spirit, we are made honorable or honest (as the Bereans) in order that we may consider, harmonize and study the scriptures humbly because of that Spirit of Truth, we love the truth. So we "should" ultimately come to some sound mutual agreements concerning what the Bible does and does not actually say. That Spirit teaches us this, not the sundry books and prognostications of theologians.

1st John 2:27
  • "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

Alas, the problem is that so many in the church today relegate the Holy Spirit to the unbiblical position of being an idle bystander as they study man's words. Almost as it it doesn't guide us into truth, it is merely there with us. But nothing could be further from the truth. It is the light that is within us that ultimately shines upon scripture allowing us to actually see it, to discern it, to understand and know explicitly that it was not the private interpretation or opinions of the prophets, and thus cannot be of any personal opinion or private interpretation of anyone bearing witness to it today. A sure word of prophecy doesn't come from reading tea leaves, newspapers or Christian authors. It comes from reading the Word of God and comparing Scripture with Scripture.

2nd Peter 1:19-20
  • "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
  • Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

Not being of private interpretation of men of old, it is THUS not subject to our own private interpretation. Do not interpretations belong to God (Genesis 40:8 )? If so, then the only true interpretation of Scripture must come from God's Word itself.  We cannot wrest or twist it to our own imaginations, traditions or beliefs. For the Holy Spirit within every "true Believers" (the key word being, true) does not bear witness or give assent to lies. That is not to say that we understand all truth (we don't), but that we understand lies because they are inherently not from within the Holy Scriptures themselves. They are from outside of Scripture or outside of the Bible. Hypothesis, Assumption, Supposition and conjecture.

>>>
or should we just be open minded and accepting of others opinions on it?
<<<

We should be open minded to scripture, not to professing Christian's personal opinions "of" scripture. Not mine or anyone else's. And there really is a difference. For example, to be open minded, respectful, and accepting of the doctrine of Dispensational eschatology simply because some teachers claim it or because you want unity with those who have the opinion that it is true, is folly or rank foolishness. Eschatology has to be proven by Scripture, not accepted for the sake of unity.

1st Thessalonians 5:20-21
  • "Despise not prophesyings.
  • Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Study to prove what is from Scripture and more importantly what is not, and then hold fast to that which is. It's a simple test really, and so amazing that so many fall short of it. Open minded doesn't mean we let everything in, rather it is a testing or filtering process where we're "straining" everything through the scriptures to see if it will stand its test. The simple idea that it must conform to scripture, else it is obviously not "from" scripture.

Acts 17:11-12
  • "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
  • Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few."

Here we learn that we must always be open minded (to the witness of scripture, not mere opinions). Asa you witness to other "professing" Christias, you will find right away that few truly are. We are not to be slothful or neglectful in testing man's words by the Word of God, or to try the spirits. So if I were to declare that Christ's kingdom has already come, no one should be open to that unless I provide scripture that says that Christ's kingdom has come. This is the lesson taught here in acts--that we must all have a "teachable spirit by being open to the Word of God, even as the more noble/honest Bereans were. Unfortunately, most church members today have a prideful spirit and will not be taught anything that goes against their particular church tradition, or against what they like, or that goes against what they have already learned from the leaders whom they serve. Some church traditions on eschatology transgress God's Word just as surely as those of the Jews did at the time of the first advent. But it seems that many professing Christians are blind to biblical historical similarity or examples meant to teach us that Christ's Kingdom is Spiritual, not a kingdom that can be physically observed. Unfortunately, "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

Luke 17:20-21
  • "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
  • Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Did they not understand because they were simply innocently mistaken, ignorant, confused, misguided or because they thought that it wasn't an essential? Or, in truth, did they not understand because they were blinded by their congregation's traditions in understanding the Kingdom of Messiah as a physical Kingdom so that they would not receive the truth in love? You see we look at everyone as innocent and misguided, but God does not because He looks upon the heart.

Matthew 15:2-3
  • "Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
  • But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

If the traditions of the elders or leaders of the congregation transgress God's Word, then by the Spirit of God within us we ought to obey God rather than man--not tell them that they may have a correct understanding and we'll all find out by and by. Not tell them that they should not worry about it because it's a non-essential for Christ's people. Yes, today eschatology is often called the "great non-essential" doctrine, however I have never subscribed to that flawed point of view, and God willing I never shall. No one can convince me that the truth God Himself has incorporated into scripture concerning His Kingdom is insignificant or a non-essential to the Christian's walk in this world. Again, that is not to say that one's eschatology is the proof of his salvation, it is to say that it is far from unimportant. Who is saved and who is not saved is God's business, not mine. I judge not another master's servant. But neither are the truths of the Kingdom of no import or consequence to the church. And I do believe that the more clearly scripture speaks to a subject, the less we should tolerate teachings against it. We either serve God in the Holy Temple, or we serve the idol or image of man there. And make no mistake, spiritual idolatry is rampant in the church because nearly everything is considered a non-essential. Sound eschatology, doctrines of divorce, remarriage, teachings against sovereignty, women leaders, homosexuality, etc., etc. All these things are allowed to be taught in the church, and they deceive God's servants under the guise of either love or unity. Will those leaders in the Church who allow this go blameless in God's sight? I think not! Despite teachings to the contrary, eschatology IS the important teaching of the Kingdom of Christ. It is not some other non essential teaching, it is the gospel. And thus it must be the gospel taught truthfully.

Revelation 2:20
  • "Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols."

The church allowing teaching of falsehoods of any kind is not non-essential or something that is not essential. God Forbid! According to God, those in the church who have taken the mantle of teacher will be judged more severely. For to teach such clearly unbiblical doctrines such as a Premillennial Dispensational kingdom, is not something we should wink at, nor label as sound or justifiable church doctrine. Not to appease other professed Christians, not for the sake of a perceived unity and not to "appear" progressive and charitable. It is something that we should speak out against as Christian doctrine by showing through scripture its unbiblical nature.

May God give us the wisdom, knowledge and fortitude to do so.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 05:21:49 PM »
Fellow Bible believers,
  I'm trying to understand just how important the question of one's eschatological view should be? Is it really that important to strive for uniformity of our views, or should we just be open minded and accepting of others opinions on it?

People are intolerant of other views of scripture. Is eschatology important? Yes. Is it important to find out why spiritualizing everything is not good? Yes. But people have to want to hear it.

It should not be the cause of division though. You can have those who believe in any of the eschatology positions and all are Christian.

"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity"

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 03:19:18 PM »
Fellow Bible believers,

It should not be that important at all. The only thing that is really important is if a person believes in the name of Christ and loves his fellow man. If they do, then they are brethren.

1Jo 3:23  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Chris

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 11:59:38 AM »
People are intolerant of other views of scripture. Is eschatology important? Yes. Is it important to find out why spiritualizing everything is not good? Yes. But people have to want to hear it.

It should not be the cause of division though. You can have those who believe in any of the eschatology positions and all are Christian.

"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity"

Spoken like a true Dispensationalist who wants credibility with other Churches.
Which brings up again the larger question. What is a cause  of division? Is Grace? Is the defeat of Satan at the cross. How important should the question of the millennium or eschatology be for the Christian belief? Should the Christians strive for a uniformity that we'll never have, or should there be openness to a variety of views in the Church? Can we even really be sure we have the right eschatology? I think Tony answered it best, but these are questions which I don't have a sure answer.

Gameboy

• "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Pr17:22
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 11:32:37 AM »

I keep hearing the word eschatology brought up on this site. What is eschatology? I mean I think I can assume from the context that it has something to do with the doctrines of Lord's second coming and the millennium, but what does eschatology mean to the Christian life? Is it really that important a deal, and shouldn't we be concentrating on salvation rather than such doctrines?

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 12:32:44 PM »
Is it really that important a deal, and shouldn't we be concentrating on salvation rather than such doctrines?

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

Why do you suppose the subject of end-time things occupies so much of the Bible, and that Jesus felt the need to say essentially "be aware, I am telling you these things so you will not be without excuse when all these things happen"?

Why are we commanded to watch? If we are to watch, shouldn't we know something of the thing we are watching for?

Mt 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Sadly, the church today is sound asleep. They do not know the 'signs of the times'. They are busy entertaining their congregations with unsound preaching and happy stories. They shun sound doctrine. How many pastors preach nothing else more complex than morality lessons from the Bible? How many leaders can exegete their way through the Bible to come to any sound conclusion? How many even care to try?

Pastors are apathetic concerning seeking truth, the congregations generally are happy in their ignorance. There is a real lack of hunger to know anything in so many churches. They just go through the motions. Is eschatology important? Well, is the Bible important? Is what God says important to you? If not, why not?

That is the question.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2003, 03:19:51 AM »
How old are you? You might not have to even worry about that.

Eschatology is the doctrine of christ. If you are a christian, you are a christian. Just make sure that you have come forward and accepted Christ as your saviour. You will be alright.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 03:31:42 AM »
Is eschatology important? Well, is the Bible important? Is what God says important to you? If not, why not?

That is the question.

john

Well yes, it is important. But is it really that important? If I don't study eschatology, what will happen to me? Nothing, right? As long as I am saved, that's the important thing. What's wrong with that?

Lee

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 04:37:27 PM »
Is the whole Bible the Word of God and is it the gospel message?

dsouzaanthony

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 07:11:29 AM »
Hi Lee,

Sorry, I've been very busy. To answer your question - Yes the whole Bible is the Word of God and is the gospel message. The whole message of the Bible is centered on Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
 5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Eschatology, Soteorology, Ecclessiology (spellings please), Christology are study of the Bible by topics. These are theological terms given by men for dealing certain topics of the Bible.

The authority on which the gospel stands is the whole Bible. Many people preach Jesus from their denominational shelves and this Jesus is not of the Bible.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him

Roman Catholics preach the cross, Trinity ect.. yet their authority is not on the Word of God. Do you think they have Jesus of the Bible?

Pentecostal/Charismatics/proponents of free-will gospel/Jehovah Witness/Seventh Day Adventists have different gospel authority.

It is true that we don't preach eschatology to the world who know nothing about Jesus Christ. We preach gospel message, the message of the cross, founded on the Word of God. Our authority for the gospel is solely founded on the Word of God from Genesis to Revelation.

Once a person is born-again, he is a new born babe who feeds on the milk of the Word.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Then the child grows up. He is able to take strong meat.

Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Because Spirit of God dwells in the child of God, he grows in the knowledge of God.

Col 1:9  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

There is always place for growth according to the will of God. It is not that we just believe the gospel and sit tight and do nothing. If it is so, then we are not the children of God.

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
 12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

In order to teach others we need to grow ourselves. All opportunities are given by God. There were people who died not many days from their salvation. Thief on the cross certainly didn't have much knowledge of the Bible. But we can't take that isolated example and use it as an excuse for not studying the Word of God.  A true child of God grows by the grace of God operating in his/her life.

Our gospel message is founded solely on the authority of the Bible. Nothing more, nothing less.

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Also, God can use any scripture from the Bible to enlighten His elect.

God Bless,

DSOUZAANTHONY

dsouzaanthony

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »
Hi Lee,

I have never said that we preach about GT to unchurched people.  All I said was that Eschatology which is study about end times is part and parcel of the gospel.

1Co 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

So the authority for the message of the cross is the whole Bible. Christ is the focus of the whole Bible. Bible is also full of historical parables. Christ, who is the essence of the gospel is hidden in these historical parables and we search this out.

Pr 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing(H:Dabar, 01697): but the honour of kings is to search out a matter(H:Dabar, 01697).

'Dabar' in Hebrew is also translated 'Word' in other places of the Bible, which can be words from men and also the Word of God.

Pr 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words(Dabar) unto you.

Pr 4:20  My son, attend to my words(dabar); incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Ps 33:6 By the word(Dabar) of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his
mouth.

Psalms 33:6 says by the Word(dabar) of the Lord (Jesus Christ) were the heavens made..........

Ps 119:105 Thy word(Dabar) is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

So how do we understand Proverbs 25:2?

Pr 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing(Word): but the honour of kings is to search out a matter(Word).

Since Jesus Christ is the Word of God:

Pr 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing(Christ): but the honour of kings is to search out a matter(Christ).

So we see that Christ has been concealed in the scriptures by God and only His elect find it out. Be it proverbs, be it history, be it a song or anything in the Bible,  Christ and the gospel message is concealed by God from unbelievers. Only true believers find this out with the help of Holy Spirit.

Therefore, the whole Bible is the gospel message.

However, we only preach the message of the cross (essence of the whole Bible) to unbelievers outside. But in the church we study the Bible as a whole. However, we have to still remember that there were always unbelievers present in the churches. Some of them God would choose to save according to His salvation plan. So God could take any scripture of the Bible, including Eschatology, to regenerate His chosen ones in the church.  That is because the whole Bible is the gospel message. I hope you understand.

Normally, we hand out tracts containing the essence of the gospel message to the people outside. What's wrong in distributing the whole Bible to unbelievers? Do you think that God can not save the persons who read the Bible? God can use any scripture to regenerate the unbeliever; be it OT or be it NT. Salvation is not by intellectual understanding of the Bible. It is the work of the Spirit of God. Salvation is not based on how well we present the gospel. It is done by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

God Bless,

DSOUZAANTHONY

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »
Yes, eschatology is the gospel and false eschatology is false gospel. That's why dispensationalism and free will gospels are a damnable heresy that should not be tolerated in the church. The body of Christ is not of free will and so who is the Christ of free will?

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

dsouzaanthony

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 12:56:58 AM »
When I started this post, forgive me for not be clearer,but I meant is eschatology the gospel to an unbeliever. I wrote in one of my replies that eschatology is VITAL to the believer. An unbeliever would not have the Holy Spirit to illuminate end times, parables from the Word, until they are born again. In fact,an unbeliever won't even love the gospel of Christ crucified until AFTER they are born again. All of it is foolishness to an unbeliever.

Oh yeah, and what's up with the word you use frequently; "essence"? You say "essence of the gospel", "essence of the whole Bible", "essence of the gospel message." What do you mean by that because the word "essence" is not even used in the Bible?

Topic of Eschatology is certainly not for an unbeliever but scriptures are. Even the message of the gospel, as you rightly say, will not be understood until regeneration.  But we do preach this message which is the essence of the whole Bible. 'Essence' is my word and not biblical word.  All scriptures testify of Jesus Christ:

Re 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Since the Bible is the testimony of Jesus Christ who is the source of eternal life, it is the gospel.

Re 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Heb 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

Lu 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Your question was "Is eschatology" the gospel. My answer was "Yes" because it is part of the Bible. The word 'Eschatology' itself is not in the Bible but it is the name given by theologians for the topic that deals with scriptures pertaining to the end time. The Bible as a whole is the gospel because it testifies of Jesus Christ. That's all.

DSOUZAANTHONY

dsouzaanthony

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 10:12:11 AM »
Lee,

If a church doesn't have eschatology right, they how would they preach:

Re 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Just a thought.

God Bless,

DSOUZAANTHONY

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]