[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Calvinism  (Read 4710 times)

SavedByGrace

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
Re: Calvinism
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
From my own experience, the Reformed /Presbyterian Church is somewhat lacking in their knowledge of Covenant Theology. Sometimes it would seem that the Reformed Church is gradually slipping towards the Baptist and their New Covenant Theology.

Aaron,
I am not sure that I understand your presupposition here. How does CT/NCT have to do with free-will and Calvinism.  IMHO the CT/NCT issue is a difference of interpreting the Bible and I donít see how NCT favors free-will at all.  What I have overlooked here?

Bill
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
Re: Calvinism
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
From my own experience, the Reformed /Presbyterian Church is somewhat lacking in their knowledge of Covenant Theology. Sometimes it would seem that the Reformed Church is gradually slipping towards the Baptist and their New Covenant Theology.

Aaron,
I am not sure that I understand your presupposition here. How does CT/NCT have to do with free-will and Calvinism.  IMHO the CT/NCT issue is a difference of interpreting the Bible and I donít see how NCT favors free-will at all.  What I have overlooked here?

Bill

And I don't see what NCT has to do with Baptists, as I'm Baptist and don't believe in New Covenant Theology. And I haven't heard any Baptist here (there are quite a few of us) claim NCT. You are making some vast generalizations here. How about sticking to doctrines, scriptures and arguments from the bible and leave denominations out of it.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]