[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Nature of God  (Read 1455 times)

ray

Nature of God
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »
On another forum I post on , someone linked a video of a well known person , who shall remain nameless, regarding the True Nature of Man . In this presentation the speaker comes out with this.

" man is body , soul and spirit , and because we are created in Gods Image , God is therefore Body , Soul and Spirit"

I must admit that this is the first time I have encountered this , and to me , it doesn't theologicaly sound or supported.
Heaven forbid that we should ever reduce our concept of God to one of that of our own imagination. Are there any other thoughts out there on this topic.

Thanks.

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Nature of God
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
Well, God is body and Spirit we know. What is your definition of soul? Are you saying God has no soul? Not saying you're wrong, just asking the question. On what basis do you say God has no soul? Are you arguing from silence or scripture? Or is the man you heard arguing from silence?

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Is God not a living soul? I think it's a difficult question.  Christ is spoken of as having a soul.

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Was it just in his human form?  If He didn't leave it in hell, where did it go? Like I said, it's a difficult question.

ray

Re: Nature of God
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
Thanks Hammerle
To be honest , I don't really know the answers either. My initial response to his statement was guarded on the basis of his reasoning of Gods nature based on the perception that because we are created in the image of God , therefore God must be the image of man.
Is God not a living soul? I think it's a difficult question.  Christ is spoken of as having a soul.
One possibility that comes to mind is that when Jesus came as fully man , He took on all that God had created in man.
But keeping in mind that this was only a temporal phase.
Hebrews 2:14
Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise , partook of the same things , that through death , he might destroy the one who has the power of death , that is , the devil.

I will have to do a lot more study on this .

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]