[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Jews, Muslims and Pork  (Read 2403 times)

Wayne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Jews, Muslims and Pork
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »

Why do both Jews and Muslims refuse to eat Pork? Is this a type of legalism where they actually believe it affects their moral standing with God, or is it strictly dietary and not sinful for them?

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Re: Jews, Muslims and Pork
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:58:13 AM »
Wayne,
  I think that with both it is a dietary law that is done to please God because they don't think God wants them eating it. So in that sense, it is sin to both of them. It's basically for the same reasons. it is what they think pleases God because they are on a work schedule instead of grace. In the Muslim religion, their Qur'an strictly forbids them. In the Jewish religion, their Torah strictly forbids them. There really is no difference, it is all because neither understand the true God and what are his laws.

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »

It would be a mistake to link Jews and Muslims in the same conversation. The Jews are God's chosen people, the Muslims are from those who have always been against God's people. Every Christian should know that just from bible school.

They don't eat Pork, shell fish or other filthy animals because that's what the scriptures told them not to do. Muslims are just superstitious.

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
Diane, I think you may be delusional. This is so ridiculous. I don't think that they are remotely alike. To even say that is antisemetic.

Genesis 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

We don't need to say any more.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
Diane, I think you may be delusional. This is so ridiculous.

You may call be delusional if you like, but neither the Jewish Synagogues nor the Muslim Mosques worship the God that Christians do. Neither of them can find salvation in their Religions. I'd say that makes them the same.

Isa 66:3-4
 "He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.  I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not".

Their house is left unto them desolate, and they don't even know it. So who is delusional? You can believe in fairy tales and televangelism if you want.

I don't think that they are remotely alike. To even say that is antisemetic.

Was Christ "Antisemitic?" Because he didn't place them any closer to salvation than the Muslims.

Matthew 23:37-38
 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate".

Genesis 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
We don't need to say any more.

Not when you're taking scripture out of context and applying it to people who it doesn't apply to. They are not keeping God's covenant, and the seed is Christ whom they collectively despise. Tell me how they are keeping God's covenant by hating the Messenger of the Covenant? Is there any other name whereby men may be saved? You tell me. Because if you think there is, then who is delusional according to God's word?

PURITAN HEART

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
AMEN AND AMEN Diane. 

I am rather embarrassed for some of these characters, who show their obvious lack of knowledge, not by means of questioning humbly,  but instead have the gall to flaunt their ignorance with such awful arrogance!  It is shameful!!

Your views are sound and I believe you gave Wayne a correct reply.

''Antisemite''  What rubbish!  ''If'' the word has any meaning, Christ Himself gave it all the meaning in the World!

Think about that, David and Fred before you regurgitate all your stale pentecostal / evangelical / charismatic zionist jargon about the ''Jews being the Chosen Race!''

I add shortly (since this is a subject I can get quite verbose with) that a cursory internet search will instantly prove to anyone who ''wants'' to see the truth, that Zionism is a political movement - nothing more!! 

Alexandra

PS.  pardon me for not posting scripture, but this is an argument I will not debate with the likes of Fred and David Knoles!

ray

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:18 AM »
Why do both Jews and Muslims refuse to eat Pork? Is this a type of legalism where they actually believe it affects their moral standing with God, or is it strictly dietary and not sinful for them?

Wayne
While I wouldn't presume to answer for Muslims , of whom I really know little of, my opinion is that many ethnic Jews are still stuck in their law/works mentality.To be sure though , it was required of Jews to abstain from eating pork;

Levitcus11:7
And the pig , because it parts the hoof and is cloven footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.
You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses , they are unclean to you.

While i believe that very few ethnic Jews would still follow the law to its letter, the abstaining of eating pork may well be a cultural as well as a religious issue.

The Jews are God's chosen people,

David , I agree with you!!

Romans 2:28
For he is not a Jew , which is one outwardly: neither is that circumcision , which is outward in the flesh.
But he is a Jew , which is one inwardly ; and circumcision is that of the heartin the Spirit, and not in the letter, whose praise is not of men , but of God.

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »
The fact is, Jews and Muslims have a lot more in common than most Christians care to admit. Jews and Muslims not only find common ground in the foods they prohibit in legalistic acts of ritual purity, but in their ceremonial laws as well. Match up the Muslim laws of trips to Mecca with the Jewish laws of trips to the so-called holy city of Jerusalem three times a year. It has become ritual and tradition, not at all serving god. Also they both attempt to get right with their god by obeying the law in the Koran and Torah. The two religions also share similar values, guidelines, and principles. In the old days they even dressed alike. Islam also incorporates Jewish history as a part of its own.

They worship the same god of Abraham.
    They are both descendants of Abraham.
    Their males are both circumcised according to Abrahamic law.
    Both cultures are of Semitic origin.
    Earthly Jerusalem is both their Holy City.
    They both stress good works over faith.

Judaism and Islam are unique in having systems of religious law based on oral tradition, which can override the written laws and which does not distinguish between holy and secular spheres. In Islam the laws are called Sharia, In Judaism they are known as Halakha. Both Judaism and Islam consider the study of religious law to be a form of worship and an end in itself. They both claim they worship the god of Abraham, but neither truly does. Even Christ said so.

John 8:39-44 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it".

Clearly, neither worship the God of Abraham, nor are they children of Abraham in God's sight. So all this talk about the Jewish people who reject God being God's people is just a lot of hot air by people who don't know the bible, but think they do. Both Jews and Muslims stand on equal footing in their rejection of Christ and empty laws about diets and a salvation by works.

The problem is, you have a large group of Christians teaching that the Jewish people are somehow exempt and by merely being born Jews have a get-out-of-jail free card that Christians should honor.

YourBroNChristJesus

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »

It would be a mistake to link Jews and Muslims in the same conversation. The Jews are God's chosen people, the Muslims are from those who have always been against God's people. Every Christian should know that just from bible school.

They don't eat Pork, shell fish or other filthy animals because that's what the scriptures told them not to do. Muslims are just superstitious.

Christians are God's elect.    RE: NT - everywhere

Both Jew and Arab are Shemanic coming from Shem. There are 4 Shemanic peoples - Arabs are one of them.  Antisemitism is a more recent invented word attempting to reference Jews only.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]