[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: How important is Prayer in understanding the Gospel?  (Read 4282 times)

Stephanie

Re: How important is Prayer in understanding the Gospel?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »
Thank You Dana

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 02:22:05 AM »
I find that prayer is indispensable for me, so every time I sit down to read the gospel I pray first for God to have grace and open my eyes to help me understand what I am reading. So I think Prayer is essential to understanding the gospel.

I would recommend this link.

https://pres-outlook.org/2018/03/the-most-important-part-of-thankfulness-a-reformed-view-of-prayer/

It has some truly helpful information about prayer and what our attitude toward it should be.

Trotter

• "We are The Light of the World"

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 12:32:49 AM »
Asking how important is Prayer in understanding the Gospel is like asking how important is talking to a witness in solving a case. Obviously, it's crucial. Prayer is very important because it is the communion with God where we not only make our requests and desires known, but that makes our spiritual growth and ministry possible because God works through it. If we do not pray regularly, where is our communion with God even realized in our lives? God wants us to pray, to ask, to seek communion with him.

If your prayer life isn't what it should be and if you seldom pray to God, is it any wonder that you can't grasp the spiritual meaning and intent of the gospel message? Ask through prayer and it will be given you.

Luke 11:9
"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

If we truly have a desire to understand the gospel, prayer is necessary because it is God's way of reaching us through our reaching out to him. We are instructed to ask for whatever we need, to seek knowledge that we might have communion with him. Prayer is the way we do that.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]