[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What Is Spiritual Drunkenness?  (Read 5252 times)

NoMass

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: What Is Spiritual Drunkenness?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 07:32:58 AM »
Tony,     )S_Confused(    Y R U   )Fighting(

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »
Well who made you the Grand Poobah of teaching to correct us?

Joh 9:33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

Nothing ever changes, does it? There's always someone ranting about the corrective teachings and judgments of God's servants.

Who made you arbiter of all that is holy and true?

Ac 7:27 But he that did his neighbour wrong thrust him away, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge over us?

What goes around comes around. King Solomon said (Ecclesiasties 1:9) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothin new under the sun. You've proven that true.

Didn't God say the apostles would sit and judge the twelve tribes of Israel? So the answer would be God has given the saints judgment. The judgment is the word, and we have been given judgment and raised up to reign with Christ on his throne, just as prophesied.

Your mouth is not a prayer book.

Actually it is, since God's messengers bear witness to God's word rather than their own. Tony comes with God's word, making him God's messenger, making you one of those who God said wouldn't hear His messengers, and thus are not of God. You did read Tony's witness to God's word saying that, right?

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

They hear us because we don't speak of ourselves, but bear witness to God's word. Which obviously offends you.

Mt 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Yes, nothing has changed with the false prophets nor the deceived.

Joh 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 11:57:18 AM »
 )ditto(  )GoodPopst(  :iagree:
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

Reuben

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »
It's synonymous with spiritual darkness or blindness. You stumble because you can't see.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness

Day or light is contrasted with drunkenness. So drunkenness is equated with darkness. Those symbolically drunken are symbolically blind.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »
>>>
Tony,         )S_Confused(     Y R U   )Fighting(
<<<

...why am I fighting?

Why have you abandoned vowels? ;)

To each his own, right? The thing is, it is the Christian steward's duty to be an evangelist and to fight the good fight. Just because that is a Christian rarity (in my humble opinion) these days, doesn't mean that it is superfluous, outdated or obsolete.

1st Timothy 6:12
  • "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

The question is not why am I fighting, the real question is, why is the church not at enmity with the world, not an evangelist, but silent through it all? Should I find comfort in the fact that there is no medicine, no Physician, no oil for the wounds, no balm for this pain? As I see it, that is the problem. Not a good fight for the church, but the lack of a good fight in the congregation of God, which inevitably brings God's judgments upon us. And is it a new thing that God judges His people with spiritual drunkenness? Not to those He keeps sober-minded.

Jeremiah 8:17-22
  • "For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
  • When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.
  • Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?
  • The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.
  • For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
  • Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?"

You may think I sound like a broken record, but the very reason that the church is in the stagnant shape it is now is because (as prophesied) so many Christians have given up the good fight in favor of emotionalism, collusion with carnal vanities, concessions to worldly philosophies, compromise with the politics of this world, liberal sentiments and the imaginations of the heart. I would that more would "fight" the good fight of sound, judicious decisions and ears that need not be tickled with worldly pleasures. I would (like the Apostle) that all Christians would fight the good fight and hold on to sound doctrines in the midst of a crooked and perverse world, among whom they would shine as the light of stars in a world of darkness.

2nd Timothy 4:3-7
  • "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
  • And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
  • But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
  • For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
  • I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:"

Can the church today say with conviction that they have fought the good fight, have finished their course, and have kept the faith? That is the real question concerning fighting.

Ephesians 6:14-17
  • "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
  • And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
  • Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
  • And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 11:41:25 AM »
>>>
Tony,         )S_Confused(     Y R U   )Fighting(
<<<

Why have you abandoned vowels? ;)

LOL  )smileyBounce(

To each his own, right? The thing is, it is the Christian steward's duty to be an evangelist and to fight the good fight. Just because that is a Christian rarity (in my humble opinion) these days, doesn't mean that it is superfluous, outdated or obsolete.

)GoodPopst(   )God-Bless-You(

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »
 )ditto(
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]