[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Help with MR editor  (Read 6670 times)

billnjune

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
Help with MR editor
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »
Can someone give me some suggestions of how to compose and edit files better?

When I have a long text and want to change something near the bottom, I click on the location to change and all of a sudden I am back at the top of my document.  If I try to type something near the bottom, I have to type it blind, as the editor always takes me back to the top.  This is very frustrating for me.

Thanks
Bill
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

billnjune

Re: Help with MR editor
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »
I thought that I might be the only person with this problem, but after reading
Quote from Red:
The forum page here is not allowing me to continue to type, SO I must stop. I cannot see what I am typing.

Perhaps the problem is with a particular type of computer or something unique to Red and I, but what I am now doing is to type the complete message in WORD including the MR Codes around the text to be modified:

And then copying the text (Control A and then Control C) and then opening the MR editor and doing a review.  To make corrections, I go back to Word make corrections and then paste it back to the editor for reviewing again.  This really works very well for me, but I do wish that the editor could work better so that people donít get frustrated and leave the forum.

I would very much like to hear of others who are having this difficulty and what they have done to make it work.

Trotter

• "We are The Light of the World"
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »

This is the first I've heard of such a problem with the new forum. I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean "it won't let me type". Do you mean that you tap a letter and nothing shows on screen, or that you don't have enough space, or that it timed out?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
Nothing wrong with the editor. SMF is used on thousands of sites as forums and been tested for years. Gotta be on your end.

billnjune

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
Could someone explain to me how to post a quote from another comment.  I see from many the quote with the name, time stamp listed with the quote, but I have not hit the secret buttons yet.

The best that I can do is to copy and paste the comment between the quote marks.

Thanks

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »
Could someone explain to me how to post a quote from another comment.  I see from many the quote with the name, time stamp listed with the quote, but I have not hit the secret buttons yet.

The best that I can do is to copy and paste the comment between the quote marks.

Thanks

You use the quote button rather than the reply button. It says something on the top of the message like this:

[ quote author=billnjune link=topic=2576.msg27965#msg27965 date=1313874643 ] without the space between brackets. Always leave that up top because that references and links your post back to the one you are replying to.

If you want to break up the quote to answer multiple parts, you end each part of the quote with [ /quote ] with no space between brackets. I leave space between it here so it will show up without making a quote box.

And you start any new quote with [ quote ] with no space between brackets, and you end each part of the quote with [ /quote ] without space between brackets. When you do that, the result will bes this:

And you start any new quote with with no space between brackets, and you end each part of the quote with without space between brackets. When you do that, the result will bes this:

Hope that helps!

Granny

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »

Thanks Reformer,
  You are the most charitable person on this forum. I just want you to know that. Thanks for all your help, even when it's unappreciated.
  Granny

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »

Thanks Reformer,
  You are the most charitable person on this forum. I just want you to know that. Thanks for all your help, even when it's unappreciated.
  Granny

You're welcome Granny. Anytime.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]