[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The KJV vs Modern or Paraphrased Versions  (Read 10267 times)

Red

• Galatians 2:16
Re: The KJV vs Modern or Paraphrased Versions
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:17 AM »
Thank you my dear sister for laboring in the defense of the word of God. I have a word for you from the scriptures~"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Red Baker
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

YourBroNChristJesus

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The KJV vs Modern or Paraphrased Versions
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
The main Bible by a large margin today is the NIV. 

I prefer the BIBE or Bible in Basic English, but the NIV, by all modern expert scholastic standards and agreement, is the best and most easily understandable bible that you can get. using the oldest and therefore best manuscripts, it surpasses these old Bibles that weren't so carefully put together. That's why it is so popular with most Christians and nearly all Church groups. Beside for the catholic Church, it is the Bible of choice. Whether you like that or not is not important. What is important, is that a minority of people can't force educated Christians to use the old outdated KJV, and that is a good thing.

I think you have been grossly  misinformed. The NIV is basically from Rome, Eusebius 350AD know as Vaticanus 1488 as when it was re-discovered. It is not older or better nor from accepted text. It is totally Catholic in origin and may as well have come out of Eqypt through Clement - these men were not Christians and their text were rejected by early Christians.

The KJB is the only modern English Bible we have. It is written in formal English and is the preserved Word of God. The NIV is so poorly written and so many mistakes you can't make sense out of it.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]