[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The KJV vs Modern or Paraphrased Versions  (Read 10265 times)

Red

• Galatians 2:16
Re: The KJV vs Modern or Paraphrased Versions
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
Question for the wise~"Do Commas Matter?"

Exodus 12:40~"Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years." The word of God~KJV

Exodus 12:40~"Now the lenght of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years." NIV and other modern Versions

THESE BIBLES DO NOT SAY THE SAME THING!!

The KJV requires 430 years of sojouring and does not state the time in Egypt.

THe NIV and others say nothing about the sojourning but require 430 in Egypt.

Who knows their Bible history?

God promised Abraham that he would bless all the Gentiles nations through him, when he was seventy-five years old. This promised was made 430 before God gave the law to Moses~Galatians 3:17 in the same year that Israel left Egypt. Abraham and his family sojourned in Canaan for 215 years, then his family lived in Egypt for another 215 years.

God blessed Abraham, when he was 75~Genesis 12:1-4

Years until Isaac was born ~Gensis 21:5 ...25
Years until Jacob was born~Genesis 25:26...60
Age of Jacob at the move to Egypt~Genesis47:9...130
____________________________ ________________

Number of years the family sojourned in Canaan~215

____________________________ ______________________

Number of years the family sojourned in Canaan~215
Numbers of years the family sojpurned in Egypt~215

____________________________ ____________________

Total years between Abraham's promise and Moses'slaw (Galatians 3:17)  430

____________________________ ________________________

THe NIV contradicts itself, because it has Israel in Egypt for 430, but has only 430 years from Abraham to Sinai!

Commas DO MATTER! Thank God that he has given us his written word, which is more sure than hearing his voice from heaven! 2 Peter 1:19, I did not say that, God did.

Red Baker

"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Red

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt perserve from this generation for ever." ~Psalm 12:6-7

These verses are a precious promise from God himself to his elect, that he will keep and preserve his word from this generation for EVER! This generation are described for us in verses 2-5, and verse 8~the wicked and the vilest men of this world.

Question: Has God kept his promise? God's elect by faith believes that he has. What he has promised, who is so bold to believe that he is not able to perform what he has promised to do? Woe be to the man, who believe that God has not kept his promises to his chosen people.

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD?" ~1 Corinthians 1:19-20....YES he has!!

Where is the Textual critic? Take 1 Samuel 13:1 and see how Almighty God has fulfilled 1 Corinthians 1:19-20 right before our eyes!

I have around thirty babbling bible versions before me reading 1 Samuel 13:1 AMAZING how God is revealing to his elect their blindness! Some of them read like M.C. Hammer wrote them! Some of them said that Saul was only one year old when he became king. Some were not sure! Some said that he reigned for only two years over Israel. Some 22, 32, 42~they each have trouble with this simple little verse.  Some just do not know how long he reigned! Why does 1 Samuel 13:1 give the so-called scholars  so much trouble?  Remember 1 Corinthians 1:19-20!!!

Red Baker
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Red

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 05:44:10 AM »
By the way~according to the word of God, Saul was a very tall man when he became king~1 Samuel 9:1-2 and that he reigned exactly forty years over Israel~Acts 13:21!

RB

Red

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »
Galatians 2:16...

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no man be justified." The word of God

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified." The words of the man of sin~in the NKJV

The man of sin is a liar!  His gospel is another gospel. Holy men of God of old spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost wrote Galatians 2:16 just as the Holy Ghost gave those words and just as they themselves preached that gospel sent down to heaven~1 Peter 1:12 ....for a record to the elect, revealing to them, how they were born again by the Spirit of the living God. No elect would have ever known HOW they were born again except through the written word of God!  This is how I understand 1 Peter 1:23. I know for sure, that the word of God is not the means of me being born again, BUT a witness to my understanding of HOW I WAS born of the Spirit of God and WHY it was possible for me to be born again!  The holy scriptures are God's Testimony~1 Cor. 2:1~ TO US (who alone have ears to hear and eyes to see) concerning our great salvation that we have through Jesus' FAITH and OBEDIENCE.  Our faith has NOTHING to do with our regeneration~that IS another gospel, pure and simple.  Our faith is ONLY an evidence of regeneration and NOT the means thereof!  Faith is the fruit of the Spirit, not the means to obtain the Spirit of God.

The NKJV corrupts one of the most important verses in the NT that support the Gospel of free grace against another gospel!

Red Baker

Red

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Proverbs 16:1

"The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD." ~The word of God given by Holy men of old

"The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue isfrom the LORD." The words of the man of sin, spoken in last days of perilous times!

Man's heart is totally depraved and desperately wicked, and cannot even think a good thought, apart from God. God MUST do it for him. Proverbs 21:1; Jeremiah 10:23; Revelation 17:17

The man of sin is a liar and his bible is heresy!

Red Baker

Red

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
Proverbs 19:18...

"Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying." The word of God given to the English speaking people of this world from your Father who chasteneth, and scourgeth every son he loves. Hebrews 12:5-8~if he does not, then you are a bastard, and not a son.

"Chasten your son while there is hope, and do not set your heart on his destruction." NKJV~The NKJV, appalled by Solomon's severity, joined the PTA by removing God's precept to spank children without the regard for their crying. A generation of spoiled children is the result!

Red Baker

Red

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
"For we are not as many which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."~ 2 Corinthians 2:17

Should saints earnestly contend for every word of God and the precise Grammar of the holy scriptures? Absolutely.

1.  How about a single letter?  Paul argued from a single letter in Galatians 3:16~He made a very important doctrinal argument from the difference between SEED and SEEDS.

2. How about a single word?  Jesus argued from a single word "lord" in Matthew 22:41-46...Again he argued from a single word "gods" in John 10:33-36...Paul argued from a single word "new" in Hebrews 8:13.

3. How about the voice of a verb?  Paul argued the voice of a verb in Galatians 4:9~Our relationship with God is base upon God FIRST knowing us in the election of free grace according to his own purpose.

4. How about the tense of a verb?  John 5:24 One who hears and believe ALREADY has everlasting life. One does not hear and believe in order to get! If you can hear and believe then you HAVE ALREADY PASSED from death unto life. This is a verse of evidence, NOT condition, as many make it to be.

Though neither Jesus (except in his divine nature) nor Paul ever saw the "originals OT scriptures"~they knew that they had the very words of God to live by and trust in.

Red Baker

Red

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »
Hebrews 2:16

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham." The word of God~KJV

"For indeed he does not give aid to angels, but he does give aid to the seed of Abraham." Words of the modern day PHD in theology

Paul taught that Jesus Christ was incarnated in humanity rather than the nature of angels, but the NKJV totally corrupts the verse, lose the sense, violates the context, and denies the holy scriptures. What PHD signed off on this version???

Red Baker

PURITAN HEART

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
Hebrews 2:16

"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham." The word of God~KJV

"For indeed he does not give aid to angels, but he does give aid to the seed of Abraham." Words of the modern day PHD in theology

Paul taught that Jesus Christ was incarnated in humanity rather than the nature of angels, but the NKJV totally corrupts the verse, lose the sense, violates the context, and denies the holy scriptures. What PHD signed off on this version???

Red Baker

Dear Brother Red,
My humble reply to your question: ''What PHD signed off on this version???'' is one you know too well yourself:  none other than the same Masters of Sorcery the prophet Jeremiah laments  throughout his book, but I shall quote some 'blood-chilling' words for those to whom the Holy Ghost has allowed to discern this very fearful truth:  

Jeremiah 23 v 35 - 40:

35 - Thus shall ye say every one to his neighbour, and every one to his brother, What hath the LORD answered? and, What hath the LORD spoken?

36 - And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.[/[/b]b]

37 - Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the LORD answered thee? and, What hath the LORD spoken?

38 - But since ye say, The burden of the LORD; therefore thus saith the LORD; Because ye say this word, The burden of the LORD, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the LORD;

39 - Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, [and cast you] out of my presence:
40 - And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

Oh that God would be merciful to us, that we NEVER NEVER surrender to the foul spirits of counterfeit that lie in wait to seduce, but we remain EVER vigiliant.  I thank you also Red, most sincerely,  for taking the time to post these very revealing, most despicable portrayels of perversion of Our Father's Sacred Word.  I pray that for everyone who takes the time to read prayerfully these words, God through His Sweet Holy Ghost, would BEAM the light of His Precious truth into the depths of the hungry soul.

Thank you  :)
Alexandra

Red

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 07:13:11 AM »
One of many reasons why we must contend for the KJV as the word of God for the English speaking people of this world, is seen in the Cotton Patch version, which is a paraphrase of the holy scriptures~written by Clarence Jordan, a "Greek" scholar, who lived on a large farm in SW Georgia.  This demon posses man wondered what the Scriptures would sound like if it were written in the South. He has Jesus born in Gainesville, Ga. and crucified in Atlanta.  Jews and Gentile, according to him are "whites and blacks"~the Chattahoochee river replaced the Jordan river.  John the Baptist comes wearing blue jeans and a leather Jacket, eating corn bread and collard greens! Go on line and read for your self! There are cussing, throughout the version.  These demon posses men mouths should be stopped. What's coming next? Read how he decribes how the Holy Ghost conceived Jesus~in Luke chapter one! BLASPHEMY!

Red Baker

PURITAN HEART

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »

NEW VERSE:

Ephesians 4:9

(KJV) (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
(1611 KJV) (Now that he ascended, what is it but that hee also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
(1560 Geneva Bible) (Nowe, in that hee ascended, what is it but that he had also descended first into the lowest partes of the earth?
(1526 Tyndale) That he ascended: what meaneth it but that he also descended fyrst into the lowest parties of the erth?

Counterfeit Versions

(1881 RV) (Now this, He ascended, what is it but that he also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
(1901 ASV) (Now this, He ascended, what is it but that he also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
(NIV) (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions?
(NASV) (Now this expression, "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth?
(THE MESSAGE) Is it not true that the One who climbed up also climbed down, down to the valley of earth?
(AMP) [But He ascended?] Now what can this, He ascended, mean but that He had previously descended from [the heights of] heaven into [the depths], the lower parts of the earth?
(NLT) Notice that it says “he ascended.” This clearly means that Christ also descended to our lowly world.
(ESV) In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth?
(CEV) When it says, "he went up," it means that Christ had been deep in the earth.
(NCV) When it says, "He went up," what does it mean? It means that he first came down to the earth.
(HCSB) But what does "He ascended" mean except that He descended to the lower parts of the earth?
(NIRV) What does "he went up" mean? It can only mean that he also came down to the lower, earthly places.
(RSV) (In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
(NAB-Roman Catholic) What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended into the lower (regions) of the earth?
(NWT-Jehovah’s Witnesses) Now the expression “he ascended,” what does it mean but that he also descended into the lower regions, that is, the earth?

Textus Receptus - Traditional text

το δε ανεβη τι εστιν ει μη οτι και κατεβη πρωτον εις τα κατωτερα μερη της γης

Hort-Westcott - Critical Text

το δε ανεβη τι εστιν ει μη οτι και κατεβη εις τα κατωτερα μερη της γης

Corrupted Manuscripts

This verse is corrupted in the following manuscripts:
Aleph 01 - Sinaiticus - Fourth century
A 02 - Alexandrinus - Fifth century
C 04 - Ephraemi Rescriptus - Fifth century
D 06 - Paris: Claromontanus - Sixth century
P 46 - circa 200 AD
33 (Minuscule) - Ninth Century

Manuscripts which agree with the Textus Receptus for this verse

Byzantine Text (450-1450 A.D.)
Aleph 01 - Sinaiticus - Fourth century (Corrected)
B 03 - Vaticanus - Fourth century
C 04 - Ephraemi Rescriptus - Fifth century (Corrected)
L 020 - Ninth century
P 025 - Ninth century

Published Critical Greek Texts with Corruptions    

Omit “First”
Greisbach, Johann - 1805
Lachmann, Karl - 1842
Tischendorf, Constantine - 1869
Alford, Henry - 1849 revised in 1871
Tregelles, Samuel - 1857
Wordsworth, Christopher - 1856 revised in 1870
Westcott and Hort - 1881 - In the margin or brackets
Nestle - 1927 as revised in seventeenth edition in 1941
Nestle-Aland - 1979 - Twenty Sixth Edition
United Bible Societies - 1983 - Fourth Edition
Nestle-Aland - 1993 - Twenty Seventh Edition

Affected Teaching

This has to be one of the most subtle attacks on the resurrection of Christ. This verse is speaking of the resurrection of Christ. It speaks of the fact that the same Christ who ascended into Heaven is the very same one who was crucified and buried. This verse tells us that Christ was physically buried after His death, which signified that His death was real. It states that He was “first” buried in the ground and then He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven. By using the word “first” it shows a progression that He was crucified and then buried first and after He was buried, He was then resurrected. The modern versions, omitting the word “first,” just make a statement that He came into our world from Heaven above and completely shrouds the real meaning of this verse.

Previous verse listings at www.scionofzion.com/kjv_1611_yahoo.htm

(2 Th 3:13 KJV)  But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
Visit Scion of Zion Internet Ministry - www.scionofzion.com
Friends don't let friends read the NIV, NASV, ESV, RSV, NKJV, HCSB, etc.
www.scionofzion.com/translations.htm

Red

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 06:19:17 AM »
The ESV is not the word of word.  Because of the almost insurmoubtable evidence, time will not allow us to mentioned all of them~but a few should be able to convince any sincere and lover of the truth.

Every one on this forum knows Revelation 22:18-19 well, yet I am not sure how many actually trembles before it as we should.  Along with Revelation 22:18-19, we should read Deut. 4:2 and Proverbs 30:6.

The men (we will not name them, for they are some "heavy weights" in religious community) who were behind the ESV have taken upon themselves to just omit not a few of New Testament verses, and we might add, that in no instances are the verses renumbered to account for the missing verses.

Missing verses: Matthew 17:21; 18:11; Mark 7:16; 9:44; 11:26; 15:28; Luke 17:17:36; 23:17 John 5:4; Acts 8:37; 15:34; 28:29 and Romans 16:24

God is not manifested in the flesh in 1 Tim. 3:16~just an unnamed "he"!

In many instances, part of verses are quoted and certain part just left off. Example: Luke 4:4, the ESV omitted.."but every word of God"!!

In closing, let me ask this question~Let be honest~Is there any any who really believes "human" is easier to read or clearer than MAN? Is there any who really believes that "man" is "archaic or outdated"?

The new-age evolutionist neuter buzzword~HUMAN, replaced the word man ~63 times in the ESV!  They neutered man/men almost one thousand times! The masculine pronoun he, him and his is neutered almost two thousand times!

THIS IS THE MAN OF SIN rewriting the scriptures to fit his corrupt way of thinking! Thank you blessed God of heaven for keeping thy word PURE from this generation of viper!

Red Baker

Red

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »
One of the marks of the man of sin is that they are "without natural affection"~which includes, but not limited to leaving the natural use of opposite sex, cleaving to that which is against nature~men with men and women with women~an abomination is the sight of God Almighty.

Read the NKJV in Deut. 23:17-18~"There shall be no ritual harlot of the daughters of Israel, or a perverted one of the sons of Israel.  You shall not bring the wages of a harlot or the price of a dog to the house of the LORD your God for any vowed offering, both of theses are an abomination to the LORD your God." NKJV

"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor sodomite of the sons of Israel.  Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, (which is the first sin that is mentioned in the first part of this verse) or the price of a DOG, (which is a SODOMITE!) into the house of the LORD they God for any vow: for even both of these are abomination unto the LORD thy God." The word of God~KJV

The NKJV used the words "perverted one" which could mean anything! The word of God use the word "sodomite" in the first part of the verse and DOG in the latter part. A Sodomite dog is a plain description used by the Holy Ghost of men having sex with each other! What better way to described that wicked act between two men!

Red Baker

PURITAN HEART

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
NEW VERSE:

Colossians 2:2

(KJV) That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
(1611 KJV) That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in loue, and vnto all riches of the full assurance of vnderstanding, to the acknowledgement of the mysterie of God, and of the Father, and of Christ,
(1560 Geneva Bible) That their heartes might be comforted, and they knit together in loue, and in all riches of the full assurance of vnderstanding, to know the mysterie of God, euen the Father, and of Christ:
(1526 Tyndale) that their hertes myght be coforted and knet togedder in love and in all ryches of full vnderstondynge for to knowe ye mistery of God ye father and of Christ

Counterfeit Versions

(1881 RV) that their hearts may be comforted, they being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may know the mystery of God, even Christ,
(1901 ASV) that their hearts may be comforted, they being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may know the mystery of God, even Christ,
(NIV) My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
(NASV) that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,
(THE MESSAGE) I want you woven into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God. Then you will have minds confident and at rest, focused on Christ, God's great mystery.
(AMP) [For my concern is] that their hearts may be braced (comforted, cheered, and encouraged) as they are knit together in love, that they may come to have all the abounding wealth and blessings of assured conviction of understanding, and that they may become progressively more intimately acquainted with and may know more definitely and accurately and thoroughly that mystic secret of God, [which is] Christ (the Anointed One).
(NLT) I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.
(ESV) that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ,
(CEV) I do it to encourage them. Then as their hearts are joined together in love, they will be wonderfully blessed with complete understanding. And they will truly know Christ. Not only is he the key to God's mystery,
(NCV) I want them to be strengthened and joined together with love so that they may be rich in their understanding. This leads to their knowing fully God's secret, that is, Christ himself.
(HCSB) [I want] their hearts to be encouraged and joined together in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding, and have the knowledge of God's mystery —Christ.
(NIRV) I want their hearts to be made cheerful and strong. I want them to be joined together in love. Then their understanding will be rich and complete. They will know the mystery of God. That mystery is Christ.
(RSV) that their hearts may be encouraged as they are knit together in love, to have all the riches of assured understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, of Christ,
(NAB-Roman Catholic) that their hearts may be encouraged as they are brought together in love, to have all the richness of fully assured understanding, for the knowledge of the mystery of God, Christ,
(NWT-Jehovah’s Witnesses) that their hearts may be comforted, that they may be harmoniously joined together in love and with a view to all the riches of the full assurance of [their] understanding, with a view to an accurate knowledge of the sacred secret of God, namely, Christ.

Textus Receptus - Traditional Text

ινα παρακληθωσιν αι καρδιαι αυτων συμβιβασθεντων εν αγαπη και εις παντα πλουτον της πληροφοριας της συνεσεως εις επιγνωσιν του μυστηριου του θεου και πατρος και του χριστου

ινα παρακληθωσιν αι καρδιαι αυτων συμβιβασθεντες εν αγαπη και εις παν πλουτος της πληροφοριας της συνεσεως εις επιγνωσιν του μυστηριου του θεου χριστου

Corrupted Manuscripts

This verse is corrupted in the following manuscripts:
B 03 - Vaticanus - Fourth century
P 46 - circa 200 AD

Manuscripts which agree with the Textus Receptus for this verse

D 06 - Paris: Claromontanus - Sixth century (corrected)
K 018 - Ninth century
L 020 - Ninth century
Byzantine Text (450-1450 A.D.)

Published Critical Greek Texts with Corruptions

Omit "and of the Father, and of" after "God" and render 'mystery of God, [even] Christ'.

Lachmann, Karl - 1842
Tischendorf, Constantine - 1869
Tregelles, Samuel - 1857
Wordsworth, Christopher - 1856 revised in 1870
Westcott and Hort - 1881
Nestle - 1927 as revised in seventeenth edition in 1941
Nestle-Aland - 1979 - Twenty Sixth Edition

Omit “and of the Father, and of Christ” after “God.”

Greisbach, Johann - 1805
Alford, Henry - 1849 revised in 1871

Affected Teaching

Paul desired that the Colossians would have complete confidence in their understanding of the mystery of Christ dwelling within them. Paul had desired that they continue to grow in understanding these mysteries. As a Christian grows in their understanding of the Gospel, they begin to better understand the mysteries found in the Scriptures and probably there is no greater mystery than Christ indwelling the Christian. As young Christians, we know of the relationship which Christ has with His people but as we mature, we begin to understand the greater intimacies of that relationship. The mystery of Christ is also deeply entwined with the mystery of the Father. This relationship is not something we learn outside the Scriptures and under the illumination of the Holy Spirit. God the Father is so intently involved in the salvation of the Christian that to leave Him out of this verse is a travesty. If one goes verse by verse through the Book of John, they would see that the Father is totally involved in every step of the ministry of the Lord Jesus and is totally involved with ours too, because He has a great love for His children. To omit the mystery of the Father is to omit a vital portion of Scripture relating heavily to the Believer, but then again why would we expect something different from the modern versions?

PURITAN HEART

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 03:40:50 AM »

NEW VERSE:

1 Thessalonians 2:3

(KJV) For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(1611 KJV) For our exhortation was not of deceite, nor of vncleannesse, nor in guile:
(1568 Bishop’s Bible) For our exhortation was not of deceit, neither of vncleannes, neither in guile:
(1560 Geneva Bible) For our exhortation was not by deceite, nor by vncleannes, nor by guile.

Counterfeit Versions

(1881 RV) For our exhortation is not of error, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(1901 ASV) For our exhortation is not of error, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
(NIV) For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you.
(NASV) For our exhortation does not come from error or impurity or by way of deceit;
(THE MESSAGE) God tested us thoroughly to make sure we were qualified to be trusted with this Message. Be assured that when we speak to you we're not after crowd approval—only God approval. Since we've been put through that battery of tests, you're guaranteed that both we and the Message are free of error, mixed motives, or hidden agendas.
(AMP) For our appeal [in preaching] does not [originate] from delusion or error or impure purpose or motive, nor in fraud or deceit.
(ESV) For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive,
(CEV) We didn't have any hidden motives when we won you over, and we didn't try to fool or trick anyone.
(NKJV) For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit.
(HCSB) For our exhortation didn't come from error or impurity or an intent to deceive.
(NIRV) The appeal we make is based on truth. It comes from a pure heart. We are not trying to trick you.
(RSV) For our appeal does not spring from error or uncleanness, nor is it made with guile;
(NAB-Roman Catholic ) Our exhortation was not from delusion or impure motives, nor did it work through deception.
(NWT-Jehovah’s Witnesses) For the exhortation we give does not arise from error or from uncleanness or with deceit,

Textus Receptus - Traditional Text
η γαρ παρακλησις ημων ουκ εκ πλανης ουδε εξ ακαθαρσιας ουτε εν δολω

η γαρ παρακλησις ημων ουκ εκ πλανης ουδε εξ ακαθαρσιας ουδε εν δολω

Corrupted Manuscripts
None

Affected Teaching

Here is a question of a word change in the English which gives the verse a different meaning. The Greek word is “planês” which means “a wandering away from the truth, a delusion, deceit, or error.” In this verse Paul was stating that the exhortation he gave the Thessalonians was not from deceit. Deceit is an intentional plan or attempt to deceive somebody or to trick them. The Apostle Paul had faced many such false teachers who taught a false gospel and deceived the people. Paul was stating that his Gospel was not based upon deceit but upon truth. He had no desire to trick or defraud anybody out of anything. The false teachers had attempted to gain a foothold wherever they went for the purpose of making themselves wealthy and to contradict the true gospel. They had no concern for the souls of the people they were defrauding. On the other hand, Paul came to them in sincerity and not in any form of deceit. The modern versions use the word “error” here but it does not fit the context. Error can be an innocent mistake or understanding but Paul faced the false teachers wherever he went and their mode of operation was intentional deceit, not a mistaken understanding of the gospel. A very big difference!

The Bible does not Guarantee May 21, 2011!!

__._,_.___

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]