[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The False Doctrine of Dispensationalism  (Read 34880 times)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The False Doctrine of Dispensationalism
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2018, 12:10:40 AM »
I don't believe in Dispensationalism, but I respect the Dispensationalist as brothers and sisters. That's what is lacking here, respect for other Christians.

Mark

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »

Matthew 16:6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

He that hath an ear, let him hear.

Mark
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Trevor

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2018, 08:22:39 PM »
I don't believe in Dispensationalism, but I respect the Dispensationalist as brothers and sisters. That's what is lacking here, respect for other Christians.

We all have our definitions what Christians are. For me, I don't think the Dispensationalists in general are Christians. Because they they place law for grace, they think the nation of Israel are still God's chosen people, they don't have the spirit of truth, they look to worldly interpretations and they are generally at enmity with God's prophetic word. All of which is contrary to the definition of a God enlightened and Spirit filled Christian. Moreover, respect is for those who earn it, not for anyone just because they call themselves Christian.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mark

So Mark, are you equating Dispensationalists to Pharisees and the Sadducees? If so, that is uncalled for.

Mark

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2018, 02:14:58 AM »

Yes dispensationalism is another gospel, a works/race gospel. What's uncalled for is following man's private interpretations over Gods Word.

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Mark
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2018, 04:28:05 AM »
>>>
Mark

So Mark, are you equating Dispensationalists to Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
<<<

I don't know that he would since I can't speak for him. But I know that "I" would equate what Christ is saying about the Pharisees and the Sadducees to Dispensationalists. Namely, "beware of their doctrines" which are worldly, disingenuous, corrupt and duplicitous.

Proverbs 14:15
  • "The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going."

Dispensational theologians use popular and political speeches about worldly things to lead the gullible astray, and all with the appearance of piousness, great sincerity and regard for taking the Bible literally. They feign love for the truth, while rejecting it out of hand, just as the Scribes, Priests, Pharisees and the Sadducees did. They are equated with them because these are those who "by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple" while giving the impression of being orthodox ministers of righteousness. ...just as the Pharisees and the Sadducees. But the truth is, neither had the Spirit of truth or sound doctrine concerning the kingdom of Christ.

John 8:43
  • "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word."

It's not by accident that many cannot hear the word of God, even when it's clearly testified to them word for word. Christ said they cannot hear His word (understand what He was saying) because it was not given to them to hear it. His sheep Hear His voice, and they couldn't hear it because they were not His sheep. Selah.  That's what Christ said. We understand not because we are smarter, or listen more carefully, or went to a seminary, or had the greatest teacher, but because God gave us ears to hear. Those who reject God's word of truth are spiritually deaf.

So, He that hath an ear, let him hear.

>>>
 If so, that is uncalled for.
<<<

Of I don't know, I think testifying against bad leaven in God's congregation is always called for. While it is true that in our day it has become a lost art, we were charged to be diligent against such leaven. Why do you think Christ warns His followers to "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees" in the first instance? Was it because He wanted them to ignore it, condone it and welcome it, or was it because He wanted them to mark and be wary of it? He who hath an ear, let him hear.

Indeed, in point of fact, Dispensationalism is very much like the doctrines the Old Testament Judaizers held, with the emphasis being on works, national Israel, a disdain for the Spiritual, physical genealogy and lands, earthly kingdoms, vain traditions, reigns and restorations. If Dispensationalism is actually not the gospel of Christ's kingdom, then it is another gospel.

Matthew 7:21
  • "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven..."

Christ said that not all in the church calling themselves Christian, and claiming Him as their lord, are real Christians destined for the Kingdom. This is His declaration to the church that many today have (generally) forgotten. For many are called, but few are Elect. The Chosen are those with the Spirit of truth, which reveals when someone is testifying to the word, and also when someone is twisting, distorting or corrupting the word. Search the word and try the Spirits. Then you may see if the submission of that verse was "truly" uncalled for.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2018, 09:10:45 AM »
I don't know that he would since I can't speak for him. But I know that "I" would equate what Christ is saying about the Pharisees and the Sadducees to Dispensationalists. Namely, "beware of their doctrines" which are worldly, disingenuous, corrupt and duplicitous.

I couldn't agree more, and would also add "dangerous."

Matt. 16:11
"How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?"

It's like us saying  "How is it that ye do not understand that Christ spoke not to you concerning bread, but beware of the doctrines," and Premillennialists responding, "you have to take it literally as bread because the people of that day would have understood it as bread." That's dangerous because it teaches not to look at Christ's words as spiritual and truth as the Lord intended.

Dispensational theologians use popular and political speeches about worldly things to lead the gullible astray, and all with the appearance of piousness, great sincerity and regard for taking the Bible literally. They feign love for the truth, while rejecting it out of hand, just as the Scribes, Priests, Pharisees and the Sadducees did. They are equated with them because these are those who "by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple" while giving the impression of being orthodox ministers of righteousness. ...just as the Pharisees and the Sadducees. But the truth is, neither had the Spirit of truth or sound doctrine concerning the kingdom of Christ.

So, He that hath an ear, let him hear.

)amen(  And I think that was the point. Making the kingdom of Christ literally earthly, rather than the spiritual kingdom that Christ preached. It's a false kingdom, a false Christ ruling there, and a false people he rules over.

John 18:35-36
"Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

The Pharisees and Dispensationalists would reply, wrong, Christ's kingdom must be of this world because you have to take it literally. That's dangerous.

If so, that is uncalled for.
Of I don't know, I think testifying against bad leaven in God's congregation is always called for. While it is true that in our day it has become a lost art, we were charged to be diligent against such leaven. Why do you think Christ warns His followers to "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees" in the first instance? Was it because He wanted them to ignore it, condone it and welcome it, or was it because He wanted them to mark and be wary of it? He who hath an ear, let him hear.

He wanted us to recognize it and separate ourselves from such doctrine, not condemn and be offended by the faithful who warn against the dangers of it. Thank God that you are one of the faithful who will stand up against this doctrine as non-Christian, rather than capitulate to the modern philosophy of welcoming division as an old friend.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]