[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Homosexuality a Sign of the End Times?  (Read 12339 times)

Jeff

• I'm a llama!
Is Homosexuality a Sign of the End Times?
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:10:19 PM »

I heard someone preaching today that the growing worldwide homosexual movement was another example of signs of the times. They said that it shows that the end of the world is near and the Lord is coming back soon. Is growing homosexuality a sign of the times?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Is Homosexuality a Sign of the End Times?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »

I heard someone preaching today that the growing worldwide homosexual movement was another example of signs of the times. They said that it shows that the end of the world is near and the Lord is coming back soon. Is growing homosexuality a sign of the times?

Please! There have been homosexuals since the beginning of time, nothing has changed. You people just grab hold of anything and try and connect it to the end times. The only signs of the times is modernization.

Maurice

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:24:03 AM »
Please! There have been homosexuals since the beginning of time, nothing has changed. You people just grab hold of anything and try and connect it to the end times. The only signs of the times is modernization.

I agree with Betty. There have been gay people around for centuries, so how could that be a sign of the end? But some Christians can look at anything and claim that it is a sign of the end. This world is the same as it ever was. Doesn't the bible itself say there is nothing new under the sun? So whoever claimed this, is contradicting his own Bible.

Deepika

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »
There have been gay people around for centuries, but they were always "in the closet".
Throughout the history of the world, homosexuality was a sin that was present to a
small degree, particularly as part of the worship of idols. However,
in the history of the United States, for example, it was always seen
as an exceedingly shameful act. We used the phrase,“It was kept
in the closet.”But in the last 20 years or so it has increasingly become a
major success story. Not only in the U.S. but all over the world it is
being accepted as an alternative lifestyle. Rather than being
hidden, it is proudly and loudly displayed. The title of the move-
ment, “Gay Pride,” has been very accurately chosen.

In the United States, for example, this is the way it has
always been regarded.
A GREAT CHANGE IN THE MORALITY OF THE WORLD
But something drastic has happened to the morality of
the world. God tells us what has happened in the Bible verses
which are written in Romans 1: 24 and 26:
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness
through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour
their own bodies between themselves…For this
cause "God gave them up" unto vile affections: for even
their women did change the natural use into that
which is against nature.
This phrase “gave them up” is tremendously important.
Thus in Romans 1:24 and 1:26 God is declaring that God
planned to deliver up the world to gross homosexual and lesbian
activity.
How strange! Why would God do this? Insofar as we can
know God has normally restrained this particular sin. Lying,
stealing, adultery, hatred, and murder are sins that are common
throughout the world’s history. But the sin of homosexuality that
was going on so greatly and so publicly in Sodom at the time it
was destroyed has normally been kept hidden because of its
shame. We have already called attention to this conclusion as we
view the history of the United States.
Remarkably, the Gay Pride movement of our time is
presented very proudly to the entire world. This matches what
was happening in Sodom at the time of its destruction. We read in
Genesis 19:4,5:
But before they lay down, the men of the city, even
the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both
old and young, all the people from every quarter: And
they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the
men which came in to thee this night? bring them out
unto us, that we may know them.

God calls our attention to this boldly public behavior in
Isaiah 3:9: “…they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it
not…”

We must realize that mankind is by nature in complete
rebellion against God. Thus by nature he is ready to disobey each
and every law that God gives to the human race.

God can remove a person’sconsciousness or sensitivity to sin so that that which is actually
very sinful will be looked upon as no sin. This is why many sinful
acts of our day, including that of homosexuality are increasingly no
longer looked upon as sin.

article taken from

www.familyradio.com

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
 II Timothy 3:1-4 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

The signs of the times are clear, and the worldwide sickness of homosexuality tops the list. maybe the question should be, who knows homosexuality is a sign of the end times?

Chris

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
the worldwide sickness of homosexuality tops the list.

Calling it a sickness just gives these loony Christians another excuse. It's sin sickness, not anything really medical. God calls it what it is, we shouldn't try and lesson it by pretending it is not their fault because it is a disease or illness. And yes, I believe this sin is a sign of the end times also.

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Sin is sin and it think it is a mistake to only single out homosexuality.   The fact that it was "in the closet" doesn't lessen the sin, for nothing can be hidden in from God.  But as sin goes, lying appears to top the list as a characteristic most closely aligned with Satan.

John 8

37  I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38  I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39  They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40  But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41  Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43  Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Lying and deceit have become quite commonplace.  I can remember a time when most exhibited some degree of shame and a conscience when they did something wrong.  Therefore I believe that this may be a more timely indicator in our 'last days" -- a "seared" conscience.  Moreover, in our "last days" the indicators are, unfortunately, most clearly seen within the corporate body -- the 'church', not without.

1 Timothy 4
1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »
>>>
There have been homosexuals since the beginning of time, nothing has changed.
<<<

Something has changed. And it is the attitude of the people towards it. Both in and out of the Church (I'm sorry to say).

>>>
You people just grab hold of anything and try and connect it to the end times.
<<<

Not at all. You have to be blind (spiritually speaking) to not recognize that the end is near. Yes, there have been homosexuals in the world for a long time, but it has never been the open worldwide acceptance of this un-natural perversion that we have today. That makes it not only "different," but vastly different. In fact, there is a conscious unbridled effort to put a homosexuality on the front burner in almost every situation to promote its acceptance. And it has worked not only in the world, but in the Church as well. I have never heard so many professing Christians excusing (or in some instances justifying) homosexuality, as I hear today. Some even out and out saying that we should just accept gay people for what they are. Accept? What does that even mean? This change of attitude and consciousness didn't just happen overnight, it's the old boiling frog syndrome. People have been conditioned over time that their conscience doesn't bother them about this anymore. Just like sexual immorality is so acceptable today that no Church will even tough the issue. That is the seduction of great serpent, to boil the frog and mislead people through the great love-lie. That any speaking against it is unloving or judgmental. That things are not so bad because its always been this way and there is nothing to be feared, not even God. in short, the doctrine of Satan the great liar!

1st Timothy 4:1-2
  • "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
  • Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

The conscience of the Church today is unconscionable, having been seduced by the world's visions of freedoms, lifestyles and lack of moral absolutes! From the world right up into the Church, with its members denying the signs as proverbial Ostriches with their heads in the ground.

>>>
<<<

There is no question in my mind that the growing gay movement of rampant homosexuality is a sign of the end? Yes, I believe that this is absolutely correct. Because it is a very clear indicator (sign) of the unbridled deterioration of the Godly order of things and the utter bankruptcy of morality in society. And you would think that a Church designed to be in tune with discernment and with the mind of Christ would be able to see this as signs. But like God's people before them, they are blind to the signs thinking all is well in the Church, and the world is as it ever was. Not So! the signs they are looking for will never occur, but the true signs are all about us.

Matthew 16:1-3
  • "The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
  • He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
  • And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

Selah! Far from discerning the times, most Churches refuse to preach at all on the sin, and even preach tacit acceptance of it because anything less (they reason) would be unloving and judgmental. They are already seduced by the spirit of antichrist, and they don't even know it. Ever learning and unable to come to the knowledge of truth, just as their unsaved brethren outside the camp. You probably could count on one hand the number of Churches that would openly preach that homosexuality is a Perverse, Unnatural, Vile, Abhorrent, Detestable, Abomination to God. In fact, just my typing those words probably "offends" them and paints me as judgmental. Because they have effectively been seduced, deceived or brain washed by the world, to think like the world.

>>>
You people just grab hold of anything and try and connect it to the end times.
<<<

No, the characteristic of the end times is not "anything" but the decay or corruption of the world and judgment of the Church (judgment begins there) as Satan is loosed from his restraint to deceive. And what God fearing Christian will deny that rampant homosexuality is a direct sign of that decay, deterioration and corruption of society as it forsakes all the inherit laws of God. As it turns the order of things upside down. This decay and corruption is just as much a sign of God's judgment as it was in the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:11-13
  • "The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
  • And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
  • And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

God is immutable. He doesn't change His Modus Operandi. Indeed, these things are written as examples for our admonishment, our understanding and our consideration. As the earth deteriorates, the world becomes full of violence or wrong doing, where there is corruption of God's nature and offenses and violence against God. And shall God forebear? well, He has been forebearing, but ultimately He will give them up. as it is written, How long, O Lord, holy and true, will thou not judge and avenge the blood of the prophets on them that dwell on the earth? The answer is, only until the last elect is sealed and all Israel is saved. then the restraint is lifted and God gives man up to his vile immorality. Thus homosexuality may seem to triumphant for a season, but the end thereof is just as it was in Sodom. It's no coincidence that Sodom is equated with Sodomy or homosexuality. Are we to think that God highlights the contemptible sin of Homosexuality in Sodom before destroying it as, just coincidental? As hard as that might be to believe, there are those who believe just homosexuality in Sodom is just miscellaneous. Of no import. But for those who can discern more than the face of the sky, it was written for a reason, signifying the corruption and perversion of man. It is a sign. Moreover, God uses these same examples of both Noah and Sodom when prophesying the coming of the Lord and the end of days. Specifically because they both denote the corruption and vile affections of the world, the rampant abominations in the earth as Sodomy.

Luke 17:25-29
  • "But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
  • And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
  • They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
  • Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
  • But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all."

The days of Noah, when the world was continially evil and in unchecked degradation, is equated to the day that the Lord would return to destroy the wicked. are we listening. Were they listening then? No, they were eating and drinking pretending everything was as normal. They didn't see the signs either. Noah was saved by the Ark of the Covenant, upon which He was found safe and secure in Christ.

1st Peter 3:19-20
  • "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
  • Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Likewise, the days of Sodom and the deterioration of that society from the natural order in rank wickedness and homosexuality, are also equated (by Christ) to the day that the Lord would return. And Lot was saved by the Messenger of God who forced him to leave his house and kin and depart that city, lest he receive of the Lord's judgment there. The world today is likewise morally bankrupt with the same filtiness of Sodom. And nothing in the word of God is there by coincidence, not God's illustrating the earth's corruption and needing to be destroyed, or the Lord illustrating Sodom's rampant homosexuality and that city's needed destruction. Nor uis it coincidence His use of both as examples (signs) of His coming again and the end of the world. Our society today is continually evil as in the days of Noah, and is deteriorating with rampant homosexuality as in the days of Sodom. It can only mean the judgment thereof is nigh. Man rejected serving God, and instead serves only themselves, the creation rather than the creator. the carnal image of the beast. It is the pleasure principle, where whatever feels right is done, regardless of the natural law or the order of God's creation. And when this happens, God gives us up, or in other words, takes away His hand of restraint in judgment. His principles do not change, man does.

Romans 1:25-27
  • "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
  • For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
  • And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

God calls these vile affections, but the Church just rolls its eyes as conducts business as usual. Bible-believing Christians must be prepared to face that deterioration of the world and Church and the trials and tribulations of same. With their eyes on Christ, and not the Church, they must discern the signs of the times. their head toward heaven, and not looking toward the earth in fear after those things which are coming on the earth. a prelude to the Lord's soon return. For the powers of heaven shall be shaken, the Church devastated. Signs are spiritual, in the heavens and in the earth. And only those with their eyes toward heaven will see them.

>>>
The signs of the times are clear, and the worldwide sickness of homosexuality tops the list. maybe the question should be, who knows homosexuality is a sign of the end times?
<<<

Ahah! Rampant worldwide Homosexuality in the corruption of the earth and God's order of things is indeed a sign. But only if your head is kept to the sky to discern its face. How long O Lord!

>>>
Sin is sin and it think it is a mistake to only single out homosexuality.  
<<<

Sin is sin. But that doesn't mean there is not greater and lessor sin. When Sodom was first constructed, I'm sure there was some sin there, as there has always been sin. And God didn't judge it. Nevertheless, when that sin became so bad as to encompass the entire city where it became a festering stench in the nostrils of God, He could forebear no longer, but destroyed that city because of it. And He bore witness of it as an example for His people of the vile affections and consequent judgment. When sin comes to the full, God bbrings His judgment upon that house.

So I believe your whole premise that sin is sin (implying the amount doesn't matter), is flawed. Moreover, the sin of Homosexuality is singled out by God in Sodom, not his witnesses. God authored scripture.  And the Church has understood that about Sodom for centuries. Now suddenly are we to just say "sin is sin" and the homosexuality in Sodom is not the issue there? And if it is the issue there, it most certainly is the issue here. Because when God gives people up, that is exactly what happens.

>>>
The fact that it was "in the closet" doesn't lessen the sin, for nothing can be hidden in from God.
<<<

No, but the fact that throughout most of the earth's history, it was considered vile and remained in the closet, illustrated man's understanding of this and the fear of God in openly practicing it. Like a criminal fears to openly let everyone know he's a criminal. he fears the judge. Likewise, the fear of God is lacking in society today, vastly different from the past. It's not about lessening sin, it's about the earth becoming so corrupt that there is no fear of God to keep it in the closet, so to speak.

Matthew 24:12-13
  • "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
  • But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

Love in what sense? In the sense of loving God where we have a healthy fear of God as all the prophets of old did. Signs? we better believe it. Iniquity shall about. inside and outside the Church, even as it did in the days of Noah. Because let us not forget, God is the one who restrains sin, and who gives them up to it. And when Satan is loosed he does what? He deceives the world, and then attacks the camp of the saints.

>>>
But as sin goes, lying appears to top the list as a characteristic most closely aligned with Satan.
<<<

There are all kinds of lies, and Satan is the father of them all. The lie that divorce is acceptable. First in the world, and then in the Church. The lie that women are equal to men and thus should be rulers over men. First in the world, and then in the Church. The lie that love means not offending anyone. First in the world and then in the Church. The lie that Homosexuality is just another sin, and should not be singled out as detestably unnatural. First in the world, and then in the Church. yes, as sin goes, lying appears to be at the top of the list. And the world is full of them. That's why homosexuality is so rampant today. And speaking of signs:

2nd Thessalonians 2:9-12
  • "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
  • And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
  • And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
  • That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

What signs and "lying wonders" does the sinful man (or man of sin) come with, that works by the spirit of Satan? What strong delusion? Is it the speech of the world, telling people what they want to hear, rather than what the word of God says? the delusion is that they believe it. they believe in divorce, free will, homosexuality, women Preachers, etc., etc. They are eating and drinking as if nothing has changed and thew rampant rise in open homosexuality of the world is business as usual? Why? Because they believe the lie and cannot discern the signs. the love of God has waxed cold and iniquity abounds. he who letteth has been taken out of the midst. God has given them up. And the great lie is that, the false prophets are saying Peace, Peace, when there is no peace. Show us a sign, when the signs are clearly seen. Even as Lot's righteous soul was vexed by the vile things going on in Sodom, his family could not see, nor would they come out. The lesson is that some see Sodom for what it is, and others have no fear that it will ever be judged, nor that there is ever a call to come out.  Selah!

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

You probably could count on one hand the number of Churches that would openly preach that homosexuality is a Perverse, Unnatural, Vile, Abhorrent, Detestable, Abomination to God. In fact, just my typing those words probably "offends" them and paints me as judgmental.

L O L! And why do you think that is? Because you are unloving, you are judgmental, you are hate filled so that people with alternative lifestyles feel like second class citizens. Are you part of that Church that pickets gay funerals? Because that's the feeling I am getting. Judy said it right. Sin is sin, and it is not right to hold one sin over another. Who made you a judge? Take the beam out of your own eye.  Don't try and blame all the sin in the world on these poor people. Haven't they suffered enough at the hands of so called Christians? They are people too.

Matthew 25:45
"Then will he make answer to them, saying, Truly I say to you, Because you did it not to the least of these, you did it not to me." - BBE

You would do well to take heed to these words.

Chris

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
L O L! And why do you think that is? Because you are unloving, you are judgmental, you are hate filled so that people with alternative lifestyles feel like second class citizens.

Are you for real? Why are you here? This is a Christian forum, and you obviously are not Christian. So what is the point?

Are you part of that Church that pickets gay funerals? Because that's the feeling I am getting. Judy said it right. Sin is sin, and it is not right to hold one sin over another. Who made you a judge?

No, Judy is not right in this instance, and you haven't been right since you got here. Not once! Sin is not sin in the sense that there are times of little sin, but then there are times of great sin. Even Christ said there would be a time when iniquity would abound. Clearly he is not saying iniquity is just iniquity, but that at some point it would thrive, flourish, prosper, proliferate, overflow, be plentiful. No the sin of Homosexuality is not just sin. There are times when wickedness is average, and times when wickedness abounds. Like now! Sin is sin is too easy a comment! It's something someone says when attempting to skit the issue. The sin of homosexuality today is obviously not the same as the sin of homosexuality 100 years ago, so sin is obviously not just sin. There are many levels of sin. And only a great level can be a sign. Like tribulation in the world versus great tribulation. One is a sign, the other is not.

Take the beam out of your own eye.  Don't try and blame all the sin in the world on these poor people. Haven't they suffered enough at the hands of so called Christians? They are people too.

The bible says there would be strong delusion, and I'm not so sure you haven't been overcome by it. Poor people? Suffering at the hands of Christians? Are you joking?

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »
>>>
The fact that it was "in the closet" doesn't lessen the sin, for nothing can be hidden in from God.
<<<

Tony>>  No, but the fact that throughout most of the earth's history, it was considered vile and remained in the closet, illustrated man's understanding of this and the fear of God in openly practicing it. Like a criminal fears to openly let everyone know he's a criminal. he fears the judge. Likewise, the fear of God is lacking in society today, vastly different from the past. It's not about lessening sin, it's about the earth becoming so corrupt that there is no fear of God to keep it in the closet, so to speak.

Tony, that was my whole point about people's conscience being seared.  There was a time when homosexuals kept it hidden (in the closet) because they and society as a whole knew it was wrong.  Now it is not only openly practiced, but is also accepted as an "alternative lifestyle" to the extent that laws are being enacted (e.g. gay marriage) and school children are subjected to materials in much the same way they are subjected to materials related to birth control and theories of evolution.  

>>>
<<<

Tony>>  Sin is sin. But that doesn't mean there is not greater and lessor sin. When Sodom was first constructed, I'm sure there was some sin there, as there has always been sin. And God didn't judge it. Nevertheless, when that sin became so bad as to encompass the entire city where it became a festering stench in the nostrils of God, He could forebear no longer, but destroyed that city because of it. And He bore witness of it as an example for His people of the vile affections and consequent judgment. When sin comes to the full, God bbrings His judgment upon that house.

So I believe your whole premise that sin is sin (implying the amount doesn't matter), is flawed. Moreover, the sin of Homosexuality is singled out by God in Sodom, not his witnesses. God authored scripture.  And the Church has understood that about Sodom for centuries. Now suddenly are we to just say "sin is sin" and the homosexuality in Sodom is not the issue there? And if it is the issue there, it most certainly is the issue here. Because when God gives people up, that is exactly what happens.

I know there is greater and lesser sin.  Did you not notice, I said that I personally believe that lying tops the list?  All sin carries consequences and is subject to God's judgment.

I'm sorry that I was not clearer in what I was trying to say.  This topic extends to signs  of these last days, and it is my view that  those signs are most clearly evident in the corporate body.

1Timothy 1:19
  "Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:"

Titus 1:15
  "Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."

judy

'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

iGreg

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »
Even if the Bible did not provide the enormous calendar and time evidence that May 21, 2011 is the rapture and first day of the day of judgment, the Gay Pride movement is a clear sign we are almost at the end. That movement has spread to all sectors of our society, both culturally and throughout our media. Even some so-called conservatives in our media treat the Gay Pride movement as normal. The Gay Pride movement has literally blossomed in the past few decades. It is amazing how God is using this as a sign of the end. Do we see Adultery Pride parades, Liars Pride parades etal.?  No. Yet homosexuality is clearly identified as a sin throughout the Bible, and we have a Gay Pride movement which includes parades in which some participants engage in some physical homosexual behavior right in the face of all of society (including parents with their children). Too top it off there are no consequences for this behavior. Indeed, many politicians march in the parades.

The time for God's judgment has come. May 21, 2011 grows ever closer. Will you be left behind?

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
[Joshua 24:15 - KJV]

Trotter

• "We are The Light of the World"
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »
Even if the Bible did not provide the enormous calendar and time evidence that May 21, 2011 is the rapture and first day of the day of judgment, the Gay Pride movement is a clear sign we are almost at the end. That movement has spread to all sectors of our society, both culturally and throughout our media. Even some so-called conservatives in our media treat the Gay Pride movement as normal. The Gay Pride movement has literally blossomed in the past few decades. It is amazing how God is using this as a sign of the end. Do we see Adultery Pride parades, Liars Pride parades etal.?  No. Yet homosexuality is clearly identified as a sin throughout the Bible, and we have a Gay Pride movement which includes parades in which some participants engage in some physical homosexual behavior right in the face of all of society (including parents with their children). Too top it off there are no consequences for this behavior. Indeed, many politicians march in the parades.

Though I agree totally with your general conclusion that homossexuality is obviously a sign that we are very near the end, date setting is off topic and should not be part of this thread. Start a 2011 thread if you wish, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, which most of us believe is right on target. I say most, because clearly a few do not believe that it is a sign. Still, I say it is obviously a sign, and anyone who c can't recognize that "I fear" doesn't really understand what normal is anymore, and that as was explained is largely due to brain washing by the Media, Politicians and Preachers.

Trotter

• "We are The Light of the World"
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »

Uh Huh! That is the question. Most preachers don't know and don't care. Most Christians are now even sympathetic, calling anyone who speaks out against this, hate mongers. They are Christians throwing around words like considerate, sensitive, kindhearted, Nonjudgmental, in regards to those who neglect to speak out against this. It is a disgrace for Christians to act that way, but that is how Christians are now days.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 01:44:13 PM »

I don't know, I think God singled it out. In Sodom before their destruction, and when talking about the degradation of man and when he gives them up. So I don't believe we are singling it out as a sign of the nearness of the end, in fact, I think it is obviously and unmistakably a sign that we are near the end. It's man turning the natural order of things upside down on a worldwide scale that is only getting worse and worse. If that's not a sign that has never happened before in the history of the world, then what is? Even you say we shouldn't single them out. As if its just normal sin, as any other sin as has always been. I think God has singled it out. I get that from the scriptures I read. But I think that is the attitude that a lot of the Church has taken, which I'm sure you'll agree, up until recently, no one in the Church would have ever dreamed to think that way. They would be horrified by what is going on in the world, that has brought this attitude up into the Church.  I agree with some others here that we have become acclimatized to homosexuality. Because the Church is no longer the Church it once was.

2 Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The Church is falling away so that it doesn't recognize signs. We have homosexuality literally taking over TV and infiltrating every segment of society, including school kids curriculum. And we shouldn't single it out? There is more homosexuality on shows today than there is cursing or even nudity. It is at epidemic proportions, but to most Christians it is business as usual.

Mt 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Business as usual. Same in Sodom. They laughed at Lot, because it was business as usual for them. Only Lot was horrified by the wickedness daily that he saw. I'm sure people were telling lot, "Hey, don't make such a big deal over it!" It's just business as usual.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]