[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What does "wrought in God" mean?  (Read 1605 times)

da525382

• Obviously I'm a Novice
What does "wrought in God" mean?
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
Here's the passage I'm referring to:

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Other versions say "wrought of God"...........So, what does "wought in God" or "wrought of God" mean?

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
Re: What does "wrought in God" mean?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
Here's the passage I'm referring to:

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Other versions say "wrought of God"...........So, what does "wought in God" or "wrought of God" mean?

It means worked out of God. The Greek word translated wrought is ergazomai, and in this application, means to be worked or fashioned. Just like a blacksmith would hammer out a metal to fashion it into the tool he wanted it to be. So the verse is saying that our deeds are the work of God fashioning us, molding us into the vessels that He would use to His glory.

Just another example of God's sovereignty and how we are doing nothing of our own, and how God is forging us into the vessels that can be used in His glorious work.

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: What does "wrought in God" mean?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:43 AM »

Wrought means to hammer out or forge something. This link might help.

http://www.artsmithing.com/consumers.html

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]