[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Growing Apostasy in the Church  (Read 20617 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
The Growing Apostasy in the Church
« on: July 28, 2010, 12:52:33 AM »
Christianized Tai Chi, anyone?

Do you want to do Tai Chi with your pagan friends but feel guilty because you fear that it may have eastern religious meanings attached to it? Don't worry, resourceful Christians who have the spiritual gift of plagiarism have created a cheap Christianized knock off of Tai Chi that you can enjoy called Slo Flo. For a nominal fee praise offering you can purchase Slo Flo books and instructional videos and in no time you'll be silently praising the Lord while looking like you're doing real Tai Chi.

http://youtu.be/C-I4OU1RQRI

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Frank Mortimer

Re: The Growing Apostasy in the Church
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »

That's not a revelation, it's just more of the same. I expect it now.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
>>>
For a nominal fee praise offering you can purchase Slo Flo books and instructional videos and in no time you'll be silently praising the Lord while looking like you're doing real Tai Chi.
<<<

Well, the word Christian is used so freely these days. Yes it's a sad state of affairs, but there is always someone to point the finger at because the list is endless. There's no lack of false ministries, churches and teachers to condemn if one has a mind to. Especially in this day and age where this type of thing is not even surprising anymore.

Matthew 18:7-8
  • "Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
  • Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire."

Likewise with something like this. If that is an offense to us, we should simply cut if off. Don't listen to it, don't go there, don't  have anything to do with it. But we certainly are not going to correct it, nor them.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. -Jeremiah 14:14"

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
I was just wondering, how do we warn the Church of its apostasy when they are convinced that they are the faithful assembly of God and those who are calling the church unfaithful are crazy end time fanatics? Do we go to church and talk to them, or talk to them from outside? Are they "gone" in the sense that they cannot be brought back, or is there hope?  :'(
"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
 Mathew 18:15-17 is useful if a brother has transgressed against someone.  In your case, there are basic truths that should be your gospel and if they forsake these truths,  then you should get another witness and present this dilema before their counsel.  If they fail to comply then shake the dust off your shoes, warn the others, and flee from them.  Don, forget to pray that this matter gets resolved.  What is the true gospel according to the scriptures used by Paul in Cor. 1-4?

Sincerely,  Hethatreadethit

faith53

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »
Titus 3

[7] That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
[8] This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
I'm sorry Bunyan but I didn't give you the full scripture reference # to Paul in 1st Cor. 15:1-4.  What old testament scriptures show that Christ would rise in the 3rd day?

Sincerely,  Hethatreadethit

ray

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 05:41:02 AM »
I was just wondering, how do we warn the Church of its apostasy when they are convinced that they are the faithful assembly of God and those who are calling the church unfaithful are crazy end time fanatics? Do we go to church and talk to them, or talk to them from outside? Are they "gone" in the sense that they cannot be brought back, or is there hope?   :'(

I believe that there is hope for individuals to come back to the truth of scripture, and that the truth of scripture must be the tool that we stand firm on. I know this to be true because it was through the bible being faithfully exposited on this site that opened my eyes to the falsehood that I had been feeding on for the last 20 yrs.The apostate church is a given, and she will be adulterous to the end, however , we should never cease praying that the Holy Spirit will convict many about the false teaching that is so prevalent today.Of course, knowledge of true doctrine is essential so that we can stand against the tide of lies.

Puritan Heart

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »
Ray,
I liked so very much your comments:  Like you, I too Thank Our God and Father for this site!!  I have learnt so very much about the TRUTH of God's Word through this forum and yes, indeed, we are to pray that the Holy Spirit would convict others, just as He did us, in leading them into ''paths of Righteousness, for HIS Name's Sake''.  Is there hope for others??  YES!!  Here WE are, not so?? 

Welcome Ray  :)

Alexandra
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

ray

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Alexandra
Thanks for your kind welcome, I may have " newbie" beside my name , but having been lurking around this site for a couple of years already, many of the names are familiar, so thanks again.

The question being asked here is how do we warn the Church of its apsotasy, but in my limited experience I am finding that many in the church do not even acknowledge that there are problems, its bussiness as usual , and after all , how could we even entertain the thought that anything but the kingdom of God exists within the confines of the church.

faith53

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
They do not heed because the modern Church itself is apostate. It's God who sends the illusion, and strong delusions. I find no mystery in the fact it's easier to talk to the unsaved, than the so called Church goers. The unbeliever will most often roll the eyes or wink at someone else in the crowd....while the supposed apostate Christian will actually go on the attack for your errors and intolerance.

John 16

1. [2] They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Other examples and thoughts abound, but the scary part is this: The modern Church are the very people who will assist in the persecution of the believer. Reach out to those who remain outside the camp and are not part of anything as yet? Perhaps the Holy Spirit will move them to Christ, through your words (God's word)

John 6

[44] No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

For those whom God has blinded (apostate Church) there is little hope IMV. Others can still be reached right up until the second coming. I for one am done speaking to the supposed Church in this world. This may be harsh to say, but seek the word of God for confirmation and focus on those who are not blinded?

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Ray,
I liked so very much your comments:  Like you, I too Thank Our God and Father for this site!!  I have learnt so very much about the TRUTH of God's Word through this forum and yes, indeed, we are to pray that the Holy Spirit would convict others, just as He did us, in leading them into ''paths of Righteousness, for HIS Name's Sake''.  Is there hope for others??  YES!!  Here WE are, not so?? 

Welcome Ray  :)

Alexandra

What makes you think they were in the truth to begin wiith?  Hethatreadethit

Puritan Heart

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 02:33:35 AM »
Ray,
I liked so very much your comments:  Like you, I too Thank Our God and Father for this site!!  I have learnt so very much about the TRUTH of God's Word through this forum and yes, indeed, we are to pray that the Holy Spirit would convict others, just as He did us, in leading them into ''paths of Righteousness, for HIS Name's Sake''.  Is there hope for others??  YES!!  Here WE are, not so??  

Welcome Ray  :)

Alexandra

What makes you think they were in the truth to begin wiith?  Hethatreadethit

To be brief:  a witness from the scriptures through an article on Amillennialism by Tony Warren  - http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology/amillennial.shtml, and thereafter, a witness in my spirit man! To this I must add,  this site, meaning both the forum and the articles on Mountain Retreat Website have in the past year been the greatest source of encouragement to me in my new-found salvation!  I have subsequently, for the first time in all the many years I considered myself a christian, become a student of the Bible - the King James Version. I found my very own Pearl Of Great Price, my salvation!

I hope this answers your question.

Alexandra

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »
Greetings Puritan Heart:  The answer to your post is: "not really".  The true gospel is according to Paul's testimony in 1st Cor. 15:1-4.  There are lots of Church's that believe the gospel is whatever makes you feel good about yourself.  That is probably why the Church's of this world prosper. The truth is whatever you want it to be.
Hethatreadethit

ray

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 06:45:32 AM »
Greetings Puritan Heart:  The answer to your post is: "not really".  The true gospel is according to Paul's testimony in 1st Cor. 15:1-4.  There are lots of Church's that believe the gospel is whatever makes you feel good about yourself.  That is probably why the Church's of this world prosper. The truth is whatever you want it to be.
Hethatreadethit

You are right in your assertion that for many the truth is subjective, there are a myriad of different gospels being preached , but only one that will lead to eternal life. However, I don't believe that our preoccupation should be with pondering about who is or who isn't saved, this is reserved for the day judgement, but , as Matthew 28 ciearly states ,
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you: and lo I am with you always , even to the end of the age.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]