[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?  (Read 14008 times)

Trevor

Re: What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »
Everyone will give you their own little personal opinion, so I'll try to be objective. Let's start off with the "fact" that Apple fans are by nature fanatic so take all they say with a grain of salt. They're like trekkies. It's not that they lie, it's just that they give you managed information. While Apple products are good, the Apple fan culture tends to oversell it.

Here's the truth. PCs are not as safe, secure or as reliable as the Mac is. The Mac is better if you are careless and you don't want to get viruses (Hackers don't target Mac, because it's not as popular), or if you don't plan on hard core gaming or on using any high end business software. Macs have a more intuitive OS that beginners often find easier to use. Macs also crash far less than a PC does because it is a little more efficient with regard to memory allocation. Combined with the fact that Apple makes both the software and the hardware that it runs on, that makes for a big plus with compatibility issues. That much I'll give you.

But, that's also the bad part as there is no choice with the Mac. With a PC you can get Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Cisco, Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Acer, etc., whatever hardware that you want with whatever perks you want to have installed. Mac is static at best. Pc's are better for just about everything and are completely customizable where you can make a PC into absolutely anything that you want, and you don't even have to use Windows, and with much more freedom while working, playing or gaming. You cannot do that with a Mac. There is also a much larger software library available for PC and they are not as overpriced as the Mac is. That's because Mac is static. All systems eventually break down and it is a lot cheaper to repair or buy parts for the PC than for the Mac. Because Macs are integrated systems, it is not really feasible to buy specific parts, like RAM or Video upgrades to upgrade the Mac yourself. That's not by accident, they know what they are doing. In my view, that makes Mac a system created to be obsolete and keep you buying new ones.

Now for the so-called graphics design issue. Anyone that claims MACs are better for graphic design and photo editing simply either are out of the loop or don't know what they are talking about. Sure, I will grant you that Mac's default software is inherently better, but let's be accurate. What Professional is going to use default Mac software for serious graphic design? Only beginner graphic or web designers use default software. The "real" Pros do not. The truth is, today's PC will do just as well and better then a Mac in video editing, photo editing or graphics design. Let's not forget, Avid, which is the best video editing software in the world, was designed for the PC.

But my biggest issue with the Mac is that it is not really efficient on slower hardware. Let me give you an example. A Mac OSX operating system on a dual core processor and 2gb of RAM compares to equal or lesser power than a Windows XP on a single core and processor at about 1.83ghz and 1gb of RAM. My PC can be used for anything, while the Mac tends to constrict you, and makes it difficult to roam free. So bottom line is this, if you want the latest new thing with great aesthetics that take about 5 minutes to open up a web browser, but will probably keep you safe from a virus, go with Mac. If you want a great upgradeable, customizable computer, with a large library of programs, excellent for almost anything with the right software, go with PC.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 08:55:19 AM »
Thanks for that Dr. Trevor. I'm a PC, love the system, and have never had a virus. Nor has anyone in my family. The truth is, no PC need ever get a virus if you are even a simi-intelligent browser with a good anti-virus software installed. So the virus thing is a non issue for me.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 05:50:24 PM »
Trevor,
  Makes Sense!

James Heckman

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Apple is lame. I had a mac but switched over when I couldn't play the games I loved online. Apple is for girls  )baghead(

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 08:20:51 AM »

Below is a video of just one reason why I will never purchase an Apple computer or phone. First, Apple lies through their teeth about their products and repairs in order to sell you new products, which has been well documented for years. See Youtube where there are thousands that have had their phones and computers fixed when Apple tells them they have to buy a new one because their phone can't be fixed. One famous guy in New York who has fixed hundreds of them has well documented this also. Below is also a video by a woman who does this. Apple is always attempting to sell you a new product instead of repairing the product when fixing would cost pennies in some instances. Below is a $300.00 fix but they do this for almost any fix. If you've ever gone to an Apple store to have your iPhone repaired, you've probably already experienced this "you should buy a new one" scam. They lie and tell you your defective one can't be fixed. If you think Trump is bad, he comes in a distant second to Apple. This has gone on for years and it is deliberate. I've seen so many videos documenting this scam. The only people who will readily fix your Apple phones and computers are non-apple licensed repair people. Who do it routinely when Apple tells you it can't be done. What's even worse, they ban anyone who posts on their forum that these products can be fixed, and they keep non-apple repair people from being certified to fix them by huge fees.

Anyway, here's just one example of thousands of people who have had their phones or computers fixed by non-apple certified technicians after Apple tells them it's impossible. And they ban anyone who fixes your apple product and tells you that they can be fixed. How's that for shady business. I won't support people who do business like that so as far as I'm concerned, anything but Apple.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Not to make everything about Trump, but isn't this perfectly analogous to Him with His backdoor lies, deliberate distortions and attempts to obstruct?  This is the business model of hiding the truth and banning anyone who reveals it that Trump brought to the Presidency. Yes, Apple needs to be held accountable too.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 10:18:52 PM »
Both Apple and PC has its own pros and cons, depending on individuals' needs.  As a web/graphic/media designer, I usually use Apple.  And I built custom PC's for all other stuff. 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 12:21:11 AM »
Yeah, but the PC companies don't do what Apple does with regard to not allowing repairs of their products. You can have anyone repair your PC. What they do is insane. You buy the computer and you can't have it repaired by anyone but their overpriced vendors. This is strictly an Apple policy of lies and suing anyone who repairs their computers or phones. You can repair any PC or add any part to it you want, but with Apple, you risk a lawsuit if you fix anything they falsely claim can't be fixed. Plus they lie about the possibility of repairs so you are forced to buy their new products.  That's strictly apple, not PC companies, so I understand where ZeroCool is coming from.  What they do is just wrong and strictly to have a monopoly and deliberately keep buyers in the dark. Zerocool is right about business practices. Not honest at all. Sure, lots of people love the apple products, but that is another subject than their shady business model.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
 )Goodpoint(  Depending upon if you are an Apple fanatic or not you will probably like or dislike this video. Apple people generally don't like anything negative said about Apple.

Dwight

• That we keep his commandments 1 John 5:3
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 01:57:16 AM »

I have never liked corporate monopoly, be it Apple, Microsoft or Amazon. They've got too much power over us as it is, and when they try and strong arm, it's worse.

Trevor

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 07:13:42 AM »
Axctually, this issue has become a hot topic around the Internet and youtube, especially with regards to wet iphones and people's cherished photos that Apple claims can't be retrieved.  There has been two special reports on national TV about this Apple charge that is obviously not true.

Yes, greater Profits by selling the consumer new iPhones could be one reason for their false claims, but it's not the number one reason Apple takes this tactic. Remember that Apple's motto is, "What happens on your iPhone stays on your iPhone." So in that one sentence, you have your answer to why Apple relentlessly pushes this false narrative of the impossibility of recovering your data. It is because Apple wants to continue the false narrative that your data is secure on the iPhones, because if they admit that your data can be recovered relatively easily by any electronics technician, then they are admitting they are aware of this and that their motto is a lie and your data is not safe like they promote. It opens them up to lawsuits if they admit they know what they are saying is untrue. So legally they have to continue the myth that your iPhone data is secure and unrecoverable by anyone.

That's why they tell you it is impossible that your data can be recovered when any half intelligent person knows that almost anything placed on a phone or computer is recoverable, at least given enough time, money and effort. They sue those who recover your data because they want you to continue to think the devices are secure and if people can obviously get to your data, that makes it clear that it is not and more importantly, that they know it. So all posts on the Apple forum that says you can get your pictures or data back are deleted as soon as you post them. That's big Business, and since when do they care about lying to you?

PS, I'm a PC fan because it's flexible, personally fixable and easily upgradable. Not to mention you can build your own adding whatever you want. I built my own high-end computer and saved $1000 dollars. That's nothing to sneeze at.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »

I have never liked corporate monopoly, be it Apple, Microsoft or Amazon. They've got too much power over us as it is, and when they try and strong arm, it's worse.

The Horrible Truth About Apple's Products

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »

And by the way, if any of the Apple fanatics here would like to have their phones or laptops repaired when apple authorized repair shops tell you it's impossible and you need a new one, or would like your data recovered, which Apple lies and says is impossible to recover, you can send such divices for repair to the Rossman group for repair by professional and highly acclaimed technicians.

Louis Rossman
186 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10009

https://rossmanngroup.com

There is no sense abandoning your important data, documents and pictures just because Apple claims it's impossible to retrieve. That's not true.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
Louis Rossman Testifies as Witness Against Apple in Norway Trial

Noways Needs To Update its Equipment to 2020 Quality ;)

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
 )inter(
The four most informative Christians on this site, Tony Warren, Melanie, Dr. Trevor and Philly Dawg.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]