[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?  (Read 13554 times)

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?
« on: May 22, 2010, 05:39:52 PM »
I currently have Apple but am thinking about changing to PC Windows 7 since I like its options. Can anyone tell me if the current Windows 7 platform has all the bugs out yet, or should I wait? Thanks!

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
Re: Apple To Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »

I currently have Apple but am thinking about changing to PC Windows 7 since I like its options. Can anyone tell me if the current Windows 7 platform has all the bugs out yet, or should I wait? Thanks!

I wouldn't say it's 100 percent completely stable, but what is? But I would make the move from Apple to the big league if I were you, if only because its the standard and everything works on it, which is more than I can say for Apple. If I had a dime for all the programs that don't have an Apple version, I'd be rich. Some companies aren't even programming for Apple anymore.

Not to start an Apple/PC war here, but I presume you want to move from Apple for your own good reasons,, so I would say yes. Now is the time to do it.

Wanda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:36:21 AM »
Windows has never been stable, but its still better than Apple software. Not that apple crashes a lot, but its so not up to par. PC is the way to go, and unfortunately windows is the big PC software. Unless you want to run Unix. And they are worse than Apple for development. The problem is the Apple Developer Tools Software is not very user friendly, and a lot of developers won't use it. As a result, a lot of programs are not Apple compatible. So you are missing out on a lot if you use Apple. Maybe someday more people will program for Apple, but right now, no.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »

Yeah, it's the best version to date. But that's just until they can make another 200.00 off a new version.

Switching from the worm-home? You mean you're not impressed by the Apple Ipad and its hundreds of apps? ;)

They love making things more complicated instead of more practical. PC is practical.

Personally, I love the Windows 7 High Definition. It's worth it just for that. No pun intended, but its like looking through a window. It's that clear.

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:53 PM »

Yeah, it's the best version to date. But that's just until they can make another 200.00 off a new version.

Switching from the worm-home? You mean you're not impressed by the Apple Ipad and its hundreds of apps? ;)

They love making things more complicated instead of more practical. PC is practical.

Personally, I love the Windows 7 High Definition. It's worth it just for that. No pun intended, but its like looking through a window. It's that clear.

Seems to be a lot of Apple haters here.  I use windows because everything works with it, but Apple is not bad eityher.  I just can't run my programs on it.

Frank Mortimer

What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:34:15 PM »

Just Curious!

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
Re: What Do You Prefer, Mac or PC?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:00:34 PM »

I've had both, I don't think either one of them are anything to write home about. They work. Most of the time. That's the best you can say. The PC you can do more with, but the Mac is just as good.

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
It doesn't matter.

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 06:10:49 PM »
It doesn't matter.

It matters to a PC'r  ;D

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »

Come On Man PCs RULE!!!!!!  :P

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 01:58:01 AM »
It is a matter of preference. I own both PC and Mac desktops.

I custom build PC computers with powers.  It is great for office and gaming. However as a web and graphic designer myself, Mac is better for making video and design. Most Hollywood studio use Mac's for their projects.  

It all depends on what you use computer for.  But now, more and more people are replacing their computer with mobile smartphones and tablets where Apple obviously is a leader.

Erik

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

William B

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 05:28:24 AM »

Oh I hate those new fangled tablets and smartphones. I guess I'm going to be left behind with technology. I hope.  It's the ruin of mankind! Such a waste of mind power.

If MAC is making those, I'll go with PC just for spite.  ;)

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »
I custom build PC computers with powers.[/size]

Erik, what special powers do you instill into your PC creations?

Please no more sentient PCs - Skynet wasn't enough?  ;) (note movie reference).

PCs can be perhaps rated as semi-sentient at best. Somewhere on the intellectual level of an idiot savant. It can retain useless information and regurgitate it, but doesn't know what any of it means or why it is important. Macs are said to be superior, on the scale of a higher-operating savant, but only in certain specialized areas - like artistic ability.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Erik, what special powers do you instill into your PC creations?

Special powers??

I was referring to latest and more expensive parts for my clients like hardcore gamers and companies that handles heavy loads of database. These are much better than lame computers you buy at Best Buy.  Sometime even better than Alienware. 

People who buy PC at best buy are more likely using it for video chat, checking email and playing game with average setting.  I also noticed that PC tend to have issues with virus in compare to Apple's Mac's.

PCs can be perhaps rated as semi-sentient at best. Somewhere on the intellectual level of an idiot savant. It can retain useless information and regurgitate it, but doesn't know what any of it means or why it is important. Macs are said to be superior, on the scale of a higher-operating savant, but only in certain specialized areas - like artistic ability.

True.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
They Both Stink Like Last Year's Susi!!

Yeah, that would stink pretty bad  )laugh(

Amazing, the only way to get people talking here is by introducing Operating Systems wars.  :laugh:

For me, they both are good for only a few things. Searching, communication/education and library resources. I've had both. One works just as good as the other, and one can give you headaches just like the other. Trust me, I KNOW!  Having said that, I prefer PC and from what I read from the trade mags, so does most other people. Last I read 84% to 87% of computers in use were running Windows. That may change, who knows? Who cares?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]