[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Preaching a Salvation Message at a Time that it Cannot Save  (Read 10155 times)

Halle

• "Because He Lives"
Re: Preaching a Salvation Message at a Time that it Cannot Save
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
>>I am interested to know if someone new come up to you and ask you to explain more about Jesus Christ and why he need Christ as savior? Will you tell him that you will not able to offer salvation message, but "everlasting gospel" in a sense that it is only a judgemental message that the salvation has ended? <<

Erik,

Fortunately, I have not run into that situation as yet, so I don't know exactly what I would say, but I trust that the Holy Spirit will guide me about what to answer. Until that happens I am not going to worry about that.

Tony S   

That is an unmitigated cop-out to avoid taking responsibility for your Christian duty. And it also shows that you really understand your error. That's why you refuse to say, "No, you won't preach the gospel to them". You automatically know there is something wrong with that. So there is something wrong with your whole scenario. It rings hollow and ungodly to me.

2 Timothy 4:2
 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine".

That says it all. Preach in season and out of season. Don't stop preaching. Good enough for me.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 10:44:16 AM »
That says it all. Preach in season and out of season. Don't stop preaching. Good enough for me.

I agree.  For your information Tony Silva has been banned from here for a long while now.

Peace,
Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 05:31:16 AM »
>>Am I understanding this right? That he thinks that preaching salvation today is useless because no one on earth can be saved anymore? Is this correct?<<

Gilda,

If I may explain my position without the benifit of the soothsayer's commentary.
 the soothsayers would have you believe that it could be talking about any time in the history of the church, but be that as it may, it says when we "see" the abomination standing in the holy place, we are to flee. That means that we will UNDERSTAND that it is time to flee (run don't walk) the defiled churches and congregations.

Tony S

Tony S used a false premise here in this thread. He was equating the command that when we see an abominable church to flee, to on that day all people on earth who are not saved can never become saved. Then saying we are disobeying if we preach after that time. First, we don't all flee at the same time and every church doesn't apostatize exactly the same day. If that were true, then for example on March 25th, every saved person in the world would exodus the churches in a great worldwide event. The same thing when the two witnesses have finished their testimony. If it was all on one particular day, then for example on March 25th we'd all be silenced in all our churches on that exact day where we couldn't preach. So he was making this false dichotomy and then claiming that proves he is right.

I don't know where the belief that no one should preach in the great tribulation period, but I see no justification of that in scripture.

Tamara

• 🌴"The Righteous Shall Flourish Like The Palm Tree"
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 05:23:07 AM »

Tony S used a false premise here in this thread. He was equating the command that when we see an abominable church to flee, to on that day all people on earth who are not saved can never become saved. Then saying we are disobeying if we preach after that time. First, we don't all flee at the same time and every church doesn't apostatize exactly the same day. If that were true, then for example on March 25th, every saved person in the world would exodus the churches in a great worldwide event. The same thing when the two witnesses have finished their testimony. If it was all on one particular day, then for example on March 25th we'd all be silenced in all our churches on that exact day where we couldn't preach. So he was making this false dichotomy and then claiming that proves he is right.

)Goodpoint(

I don't know where the belief that no one should preach in the great tribulation period, but I see no justification of that in scripture.

)iagree(

In Scripture, Jesus’ command to “Go” (Matthew 28:19-20) is never abrogated!

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:45-46 
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

savedbysovereigngrace99

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 07:59:50 AM »
Tony S

We are in a very unique situation in our day, when Noah was preaching, even though God was going to destroy the world with the flood, it was still the day of salvation. But during the GT period that is not the case, it is a time like no other.

Hi Tony, I believe the time of noahs preaching as more compatible to the preaching during the GT. Noahs preaching was instigated by Godsn judgment coming upon the earth if i recall Gen 6:5-13

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

I believe Noah knew that there was only a remnant that would survive the judgment and be preserved. Though he was a preacher of righteousness, I dont believe he Preaching Salvation. I believe he preached the gospel but as a savour of death unto death. Thats just my thoughts.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]