[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: TEXAS RED CHILI  (Read 3162 times)

Gene Pool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
TEXAS RED CHILI
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:32:03 AM »
This is a chili recipe that a draftsman at Collins Radio gave me in 1962.  Cessarita Pool has used it ever since in making chili for our family, though she throttles the heat down a little to make it consumable by the “less adventurous.”  You may want to give it a try.     

TEXAS RED CHILI

6 lbs. Meat (I like to use deer)
4 oz. Olive oil
20 cloves garlic
6 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
9 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne red pepper
6 tablespoons paprika
6 tablespoons flour
12 tablespoons cornmeal

(Note:  Adjust the “heat” with the chili powder and cayenne red pepper.  Using only 6 tablespoons of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of cayenne red pepper makes it where the women and children can eat it.)

Heat olive oil in large pot until hot, add meat – stirring constantly until gray (not brown).  Add 2 quarts of water. Cook at a bubbling simmer until done (1 to 1-1/2 hours).  Add all ingredients except flour and cornmeal.  Cook 30 minutes at same temperature.  Mix flour and corn meal in 1 cup of water then add to chili, cooking 5 more minutes.  Add more water for desired consistency.

Let me know how you like it.

Blessings,
Gene Pool

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: TEXAS RED CHILI
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »
Uh… where’s the beans or is this a classic Texan chili?  We love chili around here, the hotter the better.  I’ll try this after Christmas but think I’ll include beans.  I’ll let you know how we like it.  Looks good!!

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]