[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do Muslims, Jews and Christians all Worship the Same God?  (Read 5722 times)

yaboo

• I'm a Lamma
Do Muslims, Jews and Christians all Worship the Same God?
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
 I have a question for the forum. Don't Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God? They all believe in the God of Abraham, correct? So I don't understand why they are all against each other and have fought and killed each other?

Dwimble

• Obviously I'm a Novice
    • Mike & Louanne's Blog
Re: Do Muslims, Jews and Christians all Worship the Same God?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »
Most Jews have denied the God of their fathers by rejecting His Messiah and clinging to the law and traditions to save them. Muslims believe there is only one God, and Mohammed is his prophet. A large portion of them and the philosophies they cling to revolve around killing their "enemies"...who are basically everyone who doesn't submit to their will and religion. Most "christians" are that in name only, not truly following Christ but merely their own human philosophies with some church traditions thrown in.

As to why they all kill each other? Because man is inherently evil through and through. Regardless of what label humans put on themselves, they are all still serving themselves, serving idols, and serving their father the devil. It is only a relative few, whose eyes God has seen fit to open in spite of thier own sinfulness, that ever see the truth. Don't confuse some broad, general similarities in some religions with people loving God, submitting to His will, loving their neighbors, praying for their enemies, and so on. Very few will ever go that way.

Broad is the way that leads to destruction.

yaboo

• I'm a Lamma
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »
Am I left to guess what your reply means? Don't Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God?  That's the question, but I don't know what your answer is. That some are unfaithful? That wasn't the question.

Dwimble

• Obviously I'm a Novice
    • Mike & Louanne's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:22:05 AM »
Well, apparently you want some kind of easy, simplistic answer. So here's the best I can do...

They all claim to worship the God of Abraham, but clearly they don't.

Here's what Jesus said to the Pharisees:

John 8
37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
 38I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
 39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
 40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
 41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
 42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Pamela

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:12:55 AM »

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Good verse!  I do not believe that we all have the same God because they do not believe the God of the Bible, which is Triune.

Here are the verses that convinced me a long time ago that we do not serve the same God.  Although the verses that you shared do a better job yet Dwimble.

1 John 5:11-12  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Pam

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 06:56:57 AM »
Well, apparently you want some kind of easy, simplistic answer.

I think that there actually is a simplistic answer, and it is NO!

Muslims, Jews and Christians do not all worship the same God. I don't think we have to tip toe around this question (not that you were). The verse you quoted made that perfectly clear to anyone willing to accept what it says.

John 8:42
  "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me". 

Jesus answered them plainly that God was not their father. So the god that they claim to be worshiping was obviously a false god. The god that they worship is not the same God that Christ spoke of. And the same principle goes for the Muslims.

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.[/i]

Here again, though they said that they worshiped the God of Abraham, Christ clearly told them that this was not the God they worshiped. And that their Father was the Devil. So no, they do not worship the same God as Christians do. How could they, when they rejected Christ, whom Christians are named after?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

Melanie, your legalism is breath taking.

And now for a more studied point of view.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/april/muslimschristianssamegod.html

ray

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/april/muslimschristianssamegod.html

Matthew 7:13
Enter by the narrow gate , For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction , and those who enter by it are many.

Unfortunately , the road to perdition is not only well travelled by Muslims, Buddhists, JW 's , and Mormans , there is plenty of evidence that well meaning and accomodating christians will also number among the many.Where has modern christianity failed? , how can it be that many do not even know the gospel. I am absolutely speechless at some of the things I read . Folks , its in the bible , right here in John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him , I am the way , the truth and the life , no man cometh unto the Father , but by me 

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and man ,the man Christ Jesus.

Sorry Betty, some folks might claim that God is a universal God to all religions , simply not true. Christ is the only way to the only God.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and man ,the man Christ Jesus.

Sorry Betty, some folks might claim that God is a universal God to all religions , simply not true. Christ is the only way to the only God.

Perhaps Christ is a spirit and they don't need to utter his name with speech to have it? Are you saying if someone doesn't have a New Testament Bible mentioning Christ, they can't be saved? Perhaps you don't know everything.

ray

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 01:39:01 AM »
Perhaps Christ is a spirit and they don't need to utter his name with speech to have it? Are you saying if someone doesn't have a New Testament Bible mentioning Christ, they can't be saved? Perhaps you don't know everything.

If some one does not acknowledge their sinful state and trust in Christ for the forgiveness  of their sin , then they are not saved.

Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them , repent and be baptised everyone of you , in the name of Jesus Christ,for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them he gave the power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.
Which were born not of blood , nor of the will of the flesh , nor of the will of man , but of God.

There is only one way to the Father , and that is through Christ. If one doesn't know Christ , then he doesn't know the Father. Whether this sounds legalistic to you or not ,is not really the issue, this is what God has declared.

YourBroNChristJesus

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
The god Allah is the 'moon god'. This has always been known historically.

Look at the crescent moon they display. Ask any Mason............... look at the red fez they wear on their head. Where does it come from and to whom do they pray. Neither Adonis or Allah are ture living gods. It is said by many that the Koran came out of Rome invented by the papacy.

Strangely you'll find basically religions in the Masonic lodge and even in Catholism - just look closely.

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

Studied that was not. It completely ignored the relevant scriptures.  That was a more liberal, humanistic and unfaithful point of view, but it certainly was not a more studied point of view. Certainly not studied as far as scripture is concerned. Maybe studied as far as modern reasoning is concerned, where man wants to ignore election and teach that everyone is really serving God in their own way. The simple fact that we all pray to "a god" does not mean we all worship the same God. Yes there is the god of the Jews, which Christ plainly said was not His God. So obviously, unless Christ was wrong, they weren't worshiping the same God. And since they still reject Christ today, that hasn't changed, unless we want to rewrite scripture and ignore Christ's words. Likewise, the God of the Muslims, be they African, Syrian, Iranian or Egyptian, are not the same God as our God.

Jeremiah 43:13
  "He shall break also the images of Bethshemesh, that is in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians shall he burn with fire".

That wasn't the God of believers then, it is not the god of believers now. So you may keep to your humanistic reasoning and confused studies, but I follow the bible.

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 04:12:08 AM »
Melanie,
  I couldn't agree more. The only thing that Muslims and Christians have in common is that both religions are monotheistic. But Islam and Judaism cannot worship the same God as the Christians because they both deny the fundamental beliefs about God that is necessary for Christians, and that is that Jesus is the Only Savior ands God is Triune. A true Christian cannot speak of "God" without including Christ and God the Holy Spirit. If they do, they cannot be Christian.

So when the liberals and people like former President Bush and Minister Rick Warren claim that we worship the "same" God, they are essentially claiming that Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship Christ, but they just don't know it. That is a ridiculous belief and incompatible with the Christian faith.

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven". Matthew 10:33

According to Jesus, you cannot deny Christ and worship the same God, because you will be condemned before God. So by these people taking this universalist god position, they are either denying the validity of the Christian faith, denying the validity of the Muslims' belief that Jesus is not divine, or denying the validity of the Jewish rejection of Jesus as Christ their Messiah.

I don't understand this emotional need  in some Christians to attempt to make everybody and every religion of God. It's the same mentality when you hear Christians say don't judge because Roman Catholicism worships the same God and Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons etc. There is something within some people where they want to play God and try and save everyone. But salvation is by election, and that election does not include everyone. This is not of God, it is man's vanity.

"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

Russell Lloyd

• Always Learning
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »
When God himself separated the gods of Egypt from the god of the Israelites, didn't that answer the question?  That means they aren't the same god. Neither the gods of any other nation, except it be Jehovah god of the Jews. Which only Christians have as their god. Correct?

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
When God himself separated the gods of Egypt from the god of the Israelites, didn't that answer the question?

Yes. Just because someone says they worship a god doesn't mean that it is the god of Israel. One must worship Jehovah God to be worshipping the same God of Israel. The God that only those in Christ can rightly claim as their god.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.  Acts 4:12"

There isn't a single other appeal through which anyone on earth can be saved. Not through works as the Jewish people think, not through Muhammad, not through Buddha or any other name, title, designation, religion or namesake.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]