[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: How to Cook Brown Rice  (Read 3130 times)

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
How to Cook Brown Rice
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
I serve brown rice at my house instead of white rice because itís healthier.  My family is use to the taste but still claims it isnít as good as white rice until now.  I found out we should soak brown rice as we do all grains.

Soak brown rice with a bit of yogurt, it provides lactic acid to help the soaking process.  Soak at least 7 hours then cook in the same water.  This gives the rice a lighter color, almost white and it has a smooth, soft, and fluffy texture. 

This does not cause brown rice to taste identical to the white but itís very close and I never have anymore complaints.

Sue Landow

• Gold Member
  • Distributing to the saints & given to Hospitality.
Re: How to Cook Brown Rice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:04:44 PM »
Thanks for the tip Penne. Its good infdormation for people to know, as many are not aware there is much of a difference.

"And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened". Luke 13:20-21

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]