[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Battle of Armageddon  (Read 15057 times)

faith53

Re: The Battle of Armageddon
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Great points all around but what I'm talking about here is God revealing scripture to an individual. I've read some passages over and over, cross referenced, compared scripture, and all those things mentioned. Often times the revealing manifests itself through the Holy Spirit as in the here and now.....with little need for cross checking or searching as the Bereans. When someone tells me something which does not seem to add up, it's time for prayer, faithful reading, and discerning.

Romans 10 [17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Revelation is thought by many to be a very difficult book to discern, and even great theologians of the past have struggled, while not agreeing. For someone to tell me they have it all figured out because they cross checked everything and for the first time in Biblical history THEY have it right.....I hesitate to go along. You may have something revealed to you which proves to be absolute truth through Holy Spirit blessing; all the while the next person is cross checking and comparing scripture....only to not have a complete understanding of what their cross checking.

In this case (and please, I hold no malice of thought) the cross checking does not add up for me in this 18th chapter of Revelation. When I read Rev18, simply and plainly, it does not in any way reveal John talking about the Elect until verse 20. (with the obvious exception of verse 4) I am in no way claiming Holy Spirit blessing over others who may differ. What I am saying is cross checking the previous 19 versus does nothing for me but create confusion within the passage. When this happens for me....it is ALWAYS me over thinking and fighting what God is attempting to reveal.

Put this way, in all meekness of conversation.....I do not fight what God has placed on the heart.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
Reformer.

Okay so the kings of the earth in Revelation 6 are actually professed Christians because BY THEIR OWN ACTIONS they are calling judgment of God to fall upon them.  They do not actually realize that they are being judged which they will soon find out when Christ appears in the sky.  Makes sense.

Thank you.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
When I read Rev18, simply and plainly, it does not in any way reveal John talking about the Elect until verse 20. (with the obvious exception of verse 4) I am in no way claiming Holy Spirit blessing over others who may differ. What I am saying is cross checking the previous 19 versus does nothing for me but create confusion within the passage.

But John did, if you have spiritual eyes to see.  Please read carefully:

Rev 18:3-6
  • For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
  • And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
  • For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
  • Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

They Kings of the Earth and the Merchants of the Earth are  indeed the ELECTS!. They "committed forication" with her BY BEING IN HER WHEN SHE WAS CLEARLY A WHORE!  We all were in church when we did not realized when she become a whore in the first place.   The bodies of Two Witnesses (Elects) were STILL in the streets of the city while there were apostasy and abominatons going on. We were still in the church at that time.  But please undersand, the Elects were NOT "judged".  God called them "out of her" so they will NOT receive of her judgment! Selah!  The Elects experienced GREAT TRIBULATION while they were within her, but no more! The great tribulation FOR the elects has end BECAUSE they have already gone out of her. Now the Elects will start see the judgment taking place upon her. That is why the Elects, standing afar off, mourned for her as God said:

Rev 18:9-11
  • And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
  • Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
  • And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

The Elects were guilty of committed fornication and LIVED DELICIOUSLY with her. By Grace, God called His People, Elects, but not everyone in the congregation, to come out of her so that they will not receive plagues (judgment). From that time on, the Elects will witness the judgment of the congregation before Christ appears in the Sky.

So yes, God was talking about His People, Elects, all over Revelation 18 for Elects are seen by God as Kings of the Earth and Merchants of the Earth in this context.  We were made kings and priests in His Kingdom and we are the merchants of the GOSPEL which the merchandises found in her in the first place! Selah.   

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

faith53

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »
Hello Erik. Sorry for the "Eric" in another post.

This is backwards IMHO. I have simply stated what I believe this chapter means, and obviously we do not agree on the meaning of merchants, fornication, and Kings etc......as related to this particular chapter. The attempt here was to offer my understanding of the passage, but one cannot force that onto another.

While I hold much appreciation for this forum to express ideas and partake in warm discussion.....I fall short of creating a situation whereby one is bantering back and forth in total contrast of meaning. It is futile, and I digress, while respecting your point of view. Suffice it to say, one of us has this wrong, and by a long shot. For me it's best to leave this thread as it stands for any contribution thereof.

Thanks for the nice discussion and may we meet again to discuss God's truth in scripture.

Mark 3  [24] And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
           [25] And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.  

In the end, it's all about Christ crucified and saving grace. Perhaps that's another thread?   ;)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »
This is backwards IMHO. I have simply stated what I believe this chapter means, and obviously we do not agree on the meaning of merchants, fornication, and Kings etc......as related to this particular chapter. The attempt here was to offer my understanding of the passage, but one cannot force that onto another.

That is not how I see it.  

You just stated that since you "believe" the Elects is only found in Revelation 18:20 so the rest of the chapter, including kings and merchants of the earth before this verse must talk about someone else because it makes sense to you by just reading into it?! Your belief is based on your personal opinion and not God's Word.  When I asked you to explain the merchandises listed in Revelation 18, you rather not bother to check with rest of the Scripture because you said:

"It's not a comparative scripture book, as all others."

That is why, to some of us, you really do not have understanding of Revelation 18.  Reformer and I already gave you Scripture on our position, yet you offered nothing in your defense.  When the opportunity was offered for you to explain your understanding, you simple decided not to and said something like, "let discuss something else."

Erik

faith53

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »
Post 26 explains all this Erik.

Thought I was being nice about not posting any further here, because you apparently do not believe in Holy Spirit blessing in the written word. As for your examples in referencing? Obviously, I do not agree with them but chose not to argue the point.

To seek God's truth in prayer and have it revealed afterward is most refreshing. I find it much more refreshing than running around grabbing scripture which makes no since in the text.....and try to insert it where it does not belong. This I feel you have done and I'll not be drug into it.

One last time............You have not proven what God means at all in your post. You've taken references from other parts of the Bible to support your view, while prayer leads me in a different direction. There is nothing more to discuss.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Post 26 explains all this Erik.

Really??

Thought I was being nice about not posting any further here, because you apparently do not believe in Holy Spirit blessing in the written word.

Really?? That is a first I ever heard that from someone who really don't study Scripture.

I find it much more refreshing than running around grabbing scripture which makes no since in the text.....and try to insert it where it does not belong.

Perhaps you do have problem with that! It sounds like you do not want to grab your Bible and start READING, STUDYING, and COMPARE Scripture with Scripture to find the Truth.  I guess that explains alot about you.   

This I feel you have done and I'll not be drug into it.

Actually, you have resisted the Truthful Witnessing.  

You have not proven what God means at all in your post.

It is because you do not receive the Word of God I testified on Revelation 18.

You've taken references from other parts of the Bible to support your view

So? What's wrong with that?  Are you saying that Christians are not supposed to do that?  Ever heard of cross-reference in your Bible?

while prayer leads me in a different direction.

Prayer? Ahhhh, so you think you will receive understanding through prayer alone without the need to grab Bible and actually study it?  Ouches!

2Ti_2:15
  • Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Erik

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
Great points all around but what I'm talking about here is God revealing scripture to an individual. I've read some passages over and over, cross referenced, compared scripture, and all those things mentioned. Often times the revealing manifests itself through the Holy Spirit as in the here and now.....with little need for cross checking or searching as the Bereans.

The Bereans are our example. God forbid his people start thinking that they can interpret scripture not as the Bereans by hearing it and searching it to see if it is true, but simply by believing they've been elightened through revelation apart from the Bible. I don't think you understand, the Spirit works through the word. The Bereans didn't just pray and truth dropped from the sky, they search and God revealed it to them through the word.

You claim that you've read some passages over and over, cross referenced, compared scripture, and you don't see the elect until verse 20? What bible are you reading? Don't you think God is talking about the elect when he says in verse 4 "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues?"

When someone tells me something which does not seem to add up, it's time for prayer, faithful reading, and discerning.

That is correct. But by the same token, if you are adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 6, it's not a problem with things adding up, but with your addition. It will never add up if you keep adding 2 and 2 as 6. Logic and reason is in play here as well as prayer. If God's people are told to come out that they are not judged, and God judges the harlot while some stand far off from that judgment in mourning, then it certainly is not those being judged in the unfaithful Church. Talk about something not making sense, that makes no sense.

faith53

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:35 AM »
All of this was covered earlier and the Bereans were checking for truth in scripture, as it's written. They were not deciding how things were, and then trying to find scripture to support a view?

They searched the scriptures daily to find if things spoken were true or not. Combating error and seeking truth in scripture are two different processes. Truth in scripture comes from the Holy Spirit. Combating error comes from reading the word of God while discerning truth.

Acts 17

[13] But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people

1 Thes 2

[13] For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1 Tim 4

[5] For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

We are not to lean on our own understanding
while discerning the word of God. It is through prayer and Holy Spirit blessing for coming to the knowledge of truth. I personally weigh everything against the word of God. The Bereans did not spend their time cross checking and inserting things in scripture to fit their interpretation of such. They checked against error by reading God's word to see if these things be true. Who told them it was true or not?

You, or me?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
Faith53,

You still have not prove with a biblical support for your position on Revelation 18, especially with these merchandises listed.  I know that you may cringe when I say that these things are spiritually discerned, as if that is untrue, but that is exactly the truth of the matter. We must compare scripture with scripture, and the Spirit, not conscience, guide us into truth.  For it is written:

1st Corinthians 2:12-16

• Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
  • Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
  • But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
  • But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
  • For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

We, the Elects of God, are not deceived by other spirits, smooth words, consensus, political schemes, intriguing interpretations, excellency of speech language, expect answers falling from sky through physical fasting, speaking in tongues, or praying all day. And it is precisely because it is spiritually discerned wherein they rely upon scripture alone as the ultimate authority of what is truth. So with the conscience ruled by the mind of Christ.

I think I made it clear that the biblical principle of comparing scripture with scripture and allowing God's word to interpret itself, just how I come to the conclusions that I do. You may disagree with them, but I cannot understand why you would be perplexed by them.

Genesis 40:8

• And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Where do we find interpretations of God's prophesies? We have to remember that the interpretations belong to God.  So the interpretations only can be found from the SOURCE which is the God's Word alone, which is the Bible! It means study in the Scripture and search for it!

Let me use Revelation 18 for example and show you how we understand why God mentioned ointments as one of the merchandise list:

Rev 18:11-14

• And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
  • The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,  
  • And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.  
  • And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

All of these merchandises above is simple a holy possessions of Christ and His Church where Elects were made merchants of THESE THINGS!  You need to ask yourself this question:

Why did God list all these specific merchandises?

Does it means that you can go out and pray and think God is talking about literal sheeps and beasts found in church or the United Nations? Do you even know what are dainty and goodly?  You can't know the Truth UNLESS you start to check with the rest of Scripture to find what God talked about. We did read ointments in Revelation 18, now we need to check with the Scripture to find out what God said about it!

Psa 133:1-2

• A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity
  • It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

Not I, but God clearly associated ointments with the UNITY OF THE SAINTS. God said, it is LIKE precious ointments upon the head. God was using Aaron in this exaqmple because he was a high priest and therefore a type of Christ, who is every Elects' eternal High Priest. So the unity of the TRUE Church is LIKE ointment upon the head of Christ, running down his beard and continuing down to His garment!

Here is another one:

Song of Solomon 1:3

• Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

Do you see that the "virgins" being representative of the Elects of Christ? This is how Song of Solomon 1:3 speaks about Christ, our Bridegroom in this way!

Isa 1:6

• From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Think about it. God is talking about unsaved humanity with SPIRITUAL WOUNDS, BRUSIES, and SORES, which has not closed up or cured with God's "ointment" which is an eternal cure of Christ Jesus! Did you ever wondered what sores did God talked about in Revelation 16?

Rev 16:10-11

• And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,  
  • And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

The professed Christians have pains and sores! God did not talk about their physical aliment so they cursed God.  No, God was talking about THEIR SPIRITUAL SICKNESS! By their sins and actions (same with mark of the beast on their right hands [Will of Man], Rev 13).  They blasphemed God because they dwells in the FULL DARKNESS where beast rules! According to Revelation 18, if there is no longer ointment found in the city, the professed christians will no longer be cured or saved! Selah!  Why? Because the doctor or bridegroom is no longer found in her! That is what Revelation 18 is talking about - - the judgment of the whore (church)!

I pray that you could understand WHY God listed these specific merchandises.  It is for a reason and for our understanding. Not everyone will understand it because it is a mystery to those who are NOT a Elect!  The Elects will understand because he was given by Spirit of Life, Rev 11:11, to see when compare Scripture with Scripture to find out what God said about EACH MERCHANDISES so we will realize who this Babylon the Great really is!  Sorry, no, Babylon the Great is NOT United Nations, United States, Rome, or anything like that. Any professed Christians will suggest as such because they do not have spiritual eyes to see!  

This woman was once a faithful congregation of Israel where Elects were made merchants of ALL these merchandises, bringing it to the world.  They brought Gospel of Salvation for the past 2,000 years until God has finished sealing His people, Rev 7.  But after this, she has become a whore where all of her merchandises are "gone" where no man could buy these anymore from the Elects!  The time of Salvation is over and the Judgment has already taken place.  This is why the Elects were commanded by God to come out of her so that they will not be deceivede like the rest of those professed Christians who remains in the city!  We, Elects, mourned for the church!  Please read carefully:

Rev 18:17-28

• For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
  • And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
  • And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.  
  • Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
  • And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.  
  • And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;  
  • And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

The shipmaster, ships, and sailors and TRADE (same with merchants) by sea are Elects, too! When they see the city fell into desolation, they mourned and prophesied that their judgment has come (for one hour).  At the same time God told them in verse 20, to rejoice over her BECAUSE God has AVENGED Elects on her as He promised. Please compare with Revelation 6:10-11 and Revelation 11:11-13.  Please notice that the bridegroom represents Christ and bride represents Elects. They will no longer heard in church anymore. The church is now ruled by "thy merchants" who are "great men of the earth" (aka false prophets) where they deceive the nations - Gog and Magog.

It might seem like a lot of work to research Revelation 18 like Bearans do, but if you still think you can get answer out of the sky through prayer alone without the need to study in Scripture and by compare Scripture with Scripture, cross-reference, etc. then you won't go any closer to the Truth.

Erik

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
All of this was covered earlier and the Bereans were checking for truth in scripture, as it's written.

Then why are you protesting just that saying, "Often times the revealing manifests itself through the Holy Spirit as in the here and now.....with little need for cross checking or searching as the Bereans."

Those are your words, not mine.

They were not deciding how things were, and then trying to find scripture to support a view?

Again with the assumptions. We didn't decide that the kings of the earth were those who lived within her and who now after being called out stand far off from her while she is judged.

Re 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

If this woman is the unfaithful Church, and she is being judged, and the kings who once were within her are outside of her, then your charges that we are reading things into scripture are disingenuous. And I understand you have no other way to claim we are wrong so you resort to this. But the biblical facts speak for themselves.

They searched the scriptures daily to find if things spoken were true or not. Combating error and seeking truth in scripture are two different processes. Truth in scripture comes from the Holy Spirit. Combating error comes from reading the word of God while discerning truth.

1 Thes 2

[13] For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1 Tim 4

Which only serves to prove my point, which is that scripture, no matter how clearly it is written, is not going to be received by everyone. Only the Elect refuse to fight against the word. Everyone else calls the word our opinion, our interpretation, or our reading into scripture. But as clear as "The Day" God said the kings of the earth lived with her and fornicated with her, and He says come out of her my people, and miraculously the next thing we read is that the Kings of the earth "Now" stand far off from her mourning her as she is judged. That didn't come out of our mind, that came out of the word. Nothing added, nothing taken away, pure word. So call the message un-like-able or disagreeable  if you like, but don't hate the messenger.

faith53

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »
Everything is so clear now. I thank the both of you for bringing God's truth to bare. Sometimes we have it all wrong and should depend on the more advanced spiritual brothers to clear it all up for us. I will no longer lean on God's word as I read it.....

1 Cor 4

[6] And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
[18] Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
[19] But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.

How foolish of me to express what God has given me. A more wise person would have just used your scripture for explanation of the whole chapter. Of course this is the body of Christ standing afar off and mourning over the destruction. We join Christ later in attitude and ask Him why He was not mourning as well. As for the Kings of the Earth? That was us all along, and how foolish of me not to understand.

Us babes in Christ do need a little correction now and then, and I thank you for clearing it all up.

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »
I will no longer lean on God's word as I read it.....

That's a good policy. You should not lean on God's word as you read it, but upon God's word as He inspired it written. Too many Christians are leaning upon God's word as they read it, and they read it any way they like. And as a result, there is every belief imaginable in the Church. Because no one wants to read it as it is written, they all want to interpret it. And it's been my belief the most puffy ones are those unwilling to bend from their erroneous doctrines rather than those witnessing the word. Witness the scribes and Pharisees who Christ sat with and witnessed to and who had the attitude of "How dare this carpenter tell us what scripture means". Be careful Christians, make sure you study scripture to receive an answer from scripture and not  to be proved correct. Because this is an evil thing.

Proverbs 15:28
  "The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things."

Ponder things before you answer, don't answer with an angry heart and do not deny what is written, as this is the spirit of Antichrist. These are those gathered together into the place called Armageddon. These are those who go forth to the Church as the spirits of devils, as a sign to the elect. We have to wise up, or we'll end up at their destination.

faith53

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »
Agreed

Many are taking simple text and doing way to much thinking on their own. There is simply no way the Kings of the earth here are the Elect. And in no way are the elect standing off in the distance mourning over the destruction of those who persecuted them. And in no way does the Holy Spirit guide me into the ridiculous notions expressed by others in explanation of this passage from scripture.

Doing the research and listening to my pastor beautifully explain this 18 Chapter of Rev leads me to the understanding of being in the wrong place. Spurgeon, Pink, Whitfield, and all manner of theologians interpret this verse the same as I. Matter of fact, I've never heard anyone interpret this bible passage as expressed here.

Not only have those gone against all manner of God's aforementioned faithful servants, it is apparent to this person it is "believe what WE say, and if you do not?" your just not on OUR level of understanding and God has not revealed any truth to YOU. It is very telling that not ONE person here agreed with the mighty men of God who have gone before.

Time to move on........

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
Agreed

Many are taking simple text and doing way to much thinking on their own. There is simply no way the Kings of the earth here are the Elect. And in no way are the elect standing off in the distance mourning over the destruction of those who persecuted them.

No way? And this from one who spoke of being puffed up? I  caution you not to be puffed up in your belief you are so wise in thinking you understand something, or you may find that you understand nothing.

1 Corinthians 3:19-20
 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain."

In order to learn something, you must first come to realize that you know nothing. But if your head is so puffed up and full of traditions, there is no room for anything else.

And in no way does the Holy Spirit guide me into the ridiculous notions expressed by others in explanation of this passage from scripture.

Your anger is a defense mechanism that reveals you have no scripture to prove anything you say. That is a sad thing to hear. Because scripture interprets scripture, not you or the books you read. And often scripture interpreted by scripture is seen as ridiculous to those not reading it in the spirit. The Kings of the earth being the elect is not a ridiculous notion. There are true Christians and false Christians.

Revelation 21:24
   "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. "

If it is ridiculous that the Kings of the earth are the elect, why are they brought into the Holy City of God?  Oh, and for the record. The kings of the earth don't mourn the whore, they mourn the Church she once was, that will never again have the bridegroom there or mill wheat for bread. But if you refuse to see the spiritual, of course it is ridiculous to you.

Doing the research and listening to my pastor beautifully explain this 18 Chapter of Rev leads me to the understanding of being in the wrong place.

Jeremiah 10:21-22
  "For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered. Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons."

In our day, the pastor is probably the last place to get sound advice. but this too is spiritually discerned.

Spurgeon, Pink, Whitfield, and all manner of theologians interpret this verse the same as I. Matter of fact, I've never heard anyone interpret this bible passage as expressed here.

Spurgeon, Pink, Whitfield, and all manner of theologians interpret this verse the same as You? So you admit to deferring to men, rather than the scriptures? Tradition rather than biblical knowledge? People do that when they cannot Biblically justify their positions. They say I'm with the majority opinion.

Romans 3:4
 "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

Men have misinterpreted scripture for ever. They certainly cannot be used a "proof" you are correct. maybe you should re-read the rules of this forum. It is a forum where you prove your points with scripture, not by saying "more people believe in my way than yours."

It is very telling that not ONE person here agreed with the mighty men of God who have gone before.

Probably because the lift up scripture, not the so-called mighty men Calvinists worship at the Altar of. That error has been made before.

Time to move on........

To each his own. As the spirit moves you.

Matthew 10:14
  "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

Yes, this place is not for everyone. As Christ said, if you will receive it. Apparently, you won't. If this is not the place for you, the spirit indeed moves you to move on. But what spirit?  That is the question. Because the spirit of God doesn't fight against itself.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]