[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Battle of Armageddon  (Read 15029 times)

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The Battle of Armageddon
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2019, 01:28:09 AM »
Is it irrelevant that Israel has come back into its land in 1948 in the war of independence?  ::)

In the end Erik is right. It may be relevant to Dispensational theology and some Reformed teachers who don't understand prophecy, but it is irrelevant to the biblical reference to the Battle of Armageddon. I would recommend the book Behold He Cometh, by Rev. Herman Hoeksema. I think it can be found on online at spindleworks.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »
The Real Problem in Understanding is those Nutty

Miracle Seeking Political Evangelicals like John Hagee

Evangelicals, Trump, Israel and the Battle of Armageddopn

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Oneil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
The Real Problem in Understanding is those Nutty

Miracle Seeking Political Evangelicals like John Hagee

Evangelicals, Trump, Israel and the Battle of Armageddopn

Why don't we call it what it is.

Stupidity!  :-X
You don't really believe those people are Christian do you?  )anyone(

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2019, 12:17:18 AM »
You don't really believe those people are Christian do you?

No. But I would expect even someone pretending to be a Christian would at least speak out against the chronic lying, immorality and criminality of this administration. But that's asking too much I guess.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:22 AM »
As usual you are looking for justification rather than truth. Yes Megiddo was a place in Israel as recorded in scriptures (Joshua 17:11, Judges 5:19, 1 Kings 4:12 etc.) but you already know that it’s located in a valley not a mountain so please read Gods word in context.

Did you not read at this time God will turn valleys into mountains? I guess you missed that part. I am reading scripture, that's how I know that.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2019, 03:20:43 AM »

No.

You guys are always so judgmental. Now you know who is Christian? Trump's not a Christian I'm not a Christian, aquatic's not a Christian, who else?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2019, 08:52:52 AM »
You guys are always so judgmental. Now you know who is Christian? Trump's not a Christian I'm not a Christian, aquatic's not a Christian, who else?

I don't know.  ..Judas Iscariot?  ...Jim Jones? ...John Hagee?

You know I just think that the bottom line is that we have fundamentally different definitions of what a Christian is at his core. Mine comes from the Bible and revealed around the Christ authored axion, "A tree is known by its fruits."

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:15 AM »

Historians tell us that Hitler professed Christ and Christianity but we all know he was not a Christian in any meaningful way. Nothing has changed. People have always used Christ for their own evil purposes.

As for Armageddon, it is clearly not literal. But sometimes it is futile to witness to people of contrary doctrines. Why they come back here week after week I have no idea. But obviously, it isn't to learn anything.
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

aquatic

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »

No.

Yeah... If you have ANY differing view at all you’re not Christian to a few here. Take me for example. I agree on almost all points at the core of Christianity: doctrines of grace, limited atonement, even agreeing on eschactology, but heaven forbid I have a differing political view or claim a “conspiracy theory” and all of a sudden I’m not a Christian.

Psalm 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »
As usual you are looking for justification rather than truth. Yes Megiddo was a place in Israel as recorded in scriptures (Joshua 17:11, Judges 5:19, 1 Kings 4:12 etc.) but you already know that it’s located in a valley not a mountain so please read Gods word in context.

Did you not read at this time God will turn valleys into mountains? I guess you missed that part. I am reading scripture, that's how I know that.

I take it you are talking about these verses?

Zech 14:4-5

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

This has already been fulfilled at Christ first advent as witnessed in the Zechariah thread here in the forum: http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=817.0

Like I said before context not premil/dispensational pretext.

Kevin Wright

• Always Reforming
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

Historians tell us that Hitler professed Christ and Christianity but we all know he was not a Christian

Not all. I do though  ]ThUmBsUp[

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2019, 05:05:03 AM »
Saints in Christ,
     I highly recommend reading The Place Called Armageddon by Kim Riddlebarger. Though I don't agree with all his conclusions, it is self-evident that he understands the spiritual nature of Armageddon, and knows truth when he reads it.

http://www.mountain-retreat.org/sermons/place_called_armageddon.shtml

"Therefore, the battle of Armageddon has nothing to do with Israel or the armed forces of the nations fighting against armies of Christ. The battle of Armageddon has to do with the fact that the on-going war between the Dragon and his allies (including the beast, the false prophet, Babylon the Great, the harlot, the kings and nations who serve him) and Christ and his church (represented by Mount Zion, and the Mount of Assembly) is coming to an end. The final outcome is never in doubt. For just when it appears as though Satan will overcome the church, Jesus Christ will return and destroy the Dragon and his henchmen, casting them all in the lake of fire where they will be tormented forever and ever."

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2019, 12:13:17 PM »
Thanks Melanie for your courtesy, commitment and attendance to service. Often we don't say Thank you enough. God Bless.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]