[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Battle of Armageddon  (Read 15025 times)

stacia

• Not worthy
The Battle of Armageddon
« on: July 11, 2003, 10:51:50 AM »
Battle of Armageddon

Is there going to be a real battle of armageddon in meggido?

Any view on this?

jd@

Re: The Battle of Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 11:32:12 PM »
Is there any reason to believe that there will be?  I don't mean to be flippant - it's just that I don't see that there's anyany reason to take it literally...

Which raises an important principle of interpretation - do we take the Bible literally unless there's clear evidence to the contrary, or do we only take it literally when there is clear reason to do so?

Jeff

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 09:30:40 AM »
Is there any reason to believe that there will be?  

Yes, because God says there will be.

Revelation 16:15-16
 " Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

The question is, what does armageddon represent.

Which raises an important principle of interpretation - do we take the Bible literally unless there's clear evidence to the contrary, or do we only take it literally when there is clear reason to do so?

Neither. We take the bible as the bible itself instructs us to take it. For example, we find we take the thousand years of revelation figuratively by seeing the instructions in other parts of the bible.

Bradley

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 01:13:06 PM »
The parallels between the first coming of Christ and the second coming of Christ are amazing.  When studying the topic of Armageddon I came across several passages expressing similar language to the gathering of the elect and the darkening of the sun, which applied to the first coming of Christ.

There are a lot of scriptures which pertain to Armageddon, but only one with the reference to the place called Armageddon.  This is a rather lengthy post, but I wanted to include the context of each of these passages to clearly show the concise plan God sets forth in his perfect Word.

I will begin with the conclusion that I do not believe Armageddon is a war as defined by God’s army fighting against Satan’s army in a physical location on Earth.  The Word will show this battle to be the judgment of God on all unsaved people and the destruction from God upon man and earth.  The battle between Christ and Satan has already been won, but the fullness of the judgment of God will not come to pass until the last day.

Note, most all of these passages reference several of these topics:  
1.   Gathering  
2.   Sun Darkened  
3.   Great Earthquake
4.   Hail, Lightening
5.   Judgment
6.   Destruction of the Earth

Revelation 16
15   Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16   And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17   And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18   And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19   And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20   And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21   And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Joel 3:1-17
1   For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2   I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.
3   And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.
4   Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;
5   Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:
6   The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.
7   Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head:
8   And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9   Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10   Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11   Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12   Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.
13   Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
14   Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15   The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16   The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
17   So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Isaiah 13:1-16
1   The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
2   Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.
3   I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.
4   The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.
5   They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.
6   Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7   Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8   And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
9   Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10   For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11   And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12   I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13   Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.
14   And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.
15   Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16   Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Isaiah 24
1   Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2   And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3   The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
4   The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
5   The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
6   Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
7   The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.
8   The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
9   They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
10   The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
11   There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.
12   In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.
13   When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.
14   They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15   Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16   From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
17   Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
18   And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19   The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20   The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21   And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22   And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23   Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Matthew 24:27-33
27   For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28   For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29   Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32   Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33   So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Revelation 19
11   And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12   His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13   And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14   And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16   And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17   And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18   That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19   And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21   And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Revelation 6
12   And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13   And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14   And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15   And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16   And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17   For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 11
11   And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12   And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13   And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14   The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15   And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16   And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17   Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18   And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
19   And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Isaiah 29:1-7
1   Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
2   Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
3   And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
4   And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.
5   Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.
6   Thou shalt be visited of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.
7   And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, even all that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.

Mark 13:23-29
23   But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24   But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25   And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26   And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27   And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
28   Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29   So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

I Corinthians 15:52-57
52   In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53   For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54   So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55   O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56   The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57   But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

As you can see there are many scripture which address Armageddon, the last day, the judgment of God.  As believers, we can rest in God’s finished work which has already won the victory.  This will not be a day where we are physically fighting Satan and his army.  This language is used to describe the devastation of the unsaved when God pours out his wrath and judgment on those not clothed with Christ's righteousness.

Hebrews 4:3
3   For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Bradley

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
To those gathered to Armageddon: 
     Are you watchmen watching?  Do you know for what to watch?  One of the last watchmen to be heard from wrote this in Acts 20:29-31:
“For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.  Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.  Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”
     This apostle also wrote in 2 Timothy 3:13:
“But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.”
    And then he writes in 2 Timothy 4:3-4:
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers , having itching ears ; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
     Armageddon has been taking place and building up right before our eyes and who would even suspect it?  The word Armageddon, according to the Strong’s concordance comes from two Hebrew words, Har-meggiddon.  Har [2022]meaning mountain or range of hills, and meggiddon [4023] meaning rendezvous or assembly.  It fits into prophecy with the writings of other prophets who also wrote about this “mountain gathering”.  These mountains that are gathered are the false Christ’s that have exalted themselves.  It is written in Isaiah 40:4:
“Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low:  and the crooked shall be made straight, and rough places plain.”
     Also, it is written in Isaiah 42:15:
“I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs, and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.”
     The workers of iniquity that exalt themselves are being gathered to their destruction!  Again in Isaiah 24:21-22, it says:
“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.  And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.”
     And in Zephaniah 3:8:
“Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey:  for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine
indignation, even my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.”
     Do you think that these scriptures are just Old Testament mumbo/jumbo?  Then look what it says in
2 Thessalonians 1:7-8:
“And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
     This warning of vengeance is towards those who say “Christ, Christ,” but are not his disciples.  They do not know the true gospel nor walk in the truth but they deny the faith.  Their doctrines are polluted and do not promote elevation from sin.  They cannot even begin to preach the gospel according to the gospel that Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.  Look up these scriptures yourself, and see if you can explain the true gospel according to those scriptures which Paul was referring to.  Do you know those scriptures that were used to testify to the gospel?  Christ died and was resurrected according to the law and the prophets and this testimony went out into the world.  The “cup” of the Lord would be allowed to go unto all the nations to whom God would send it.  The mysterious commandment to eat and drink of his flesh and blood would be offered to the world.  But a warning was made concerning this ceremony in 1 Corinthians 11:27-29:
“Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the body and blood of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.  But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup.  For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself not discerning the Lord’s body.”
     The Gospel message has two sides:  life and goodness or death and desolation!  This cup of the Lord will be a snare to those who are ignorant to its purpose.  In Jeremiah 25:15-16, it says:
“For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me;  Take the wine cup of this fury at my  hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.  And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them. “
     The sword that He’s going to send is the Word of God.  Ephesians 6:17:
“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God”.
     It’s no coincidence that this drunkenness and madness occurs to the great whore and the inhabitants of the earth as written in Revelation 17:1-6.  It says in verse 2 that the inhabitants of the earth are made drunk with the wine of her fornication.  Also in verse 6 it says that the woman is drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.  What is being said here?  The word of life was delivered into the world and those who have been made partakers of it have been put to confusion and delusion because they turned their ears from it and followed after their imaginations instead.  In Deuteronomy 29:19, it is written:
“ And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst.”
     The cup was offered into the world and could have been a blessing but because it has not been obeyed but rather trampled on, it became spiritual delusion.  In Isaiah 24:20, it reads as such:
“The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it, and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
     Didn’t the Christ say that this would happen to those who didn’t follow his teachings in Matthew 7:24-27:
”Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:  for it was founded upon a rock.   And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house:  and it fell:  and great was the fall of it.”
     Like the story about the Trojan horse being delivered into the enemy’s hand, the Word of God was delivered into the hands of the Gentiles.  It is written in Romans 12:19-20:
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath:  for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:  for in doing so thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.”
     This has been the time of the Lords vengeance and the gathering of all those who are his enemies.  In Jeremiah 51:  5-7, it says:
“For Israel hath not been forsaken, nor Judah of his God, of the Lord of hosts; though their land was filled with sin against the holy one of Israel.  Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul; for this is the time of the Lord’s vengeance; he will render unto her a recompense.  Babylon hath been a golden cup in the Lord’s hand, that made all the earth drunken:  the nations have drunken of her wine, therefore the nations are mad.”
     Many things written in the Old Testament about Babylon are also written in Revelation.
     The Babylonian captivity of Israel occurred because they removed their ear from hearing God’s word (Daniel 9:11) and did not obey Him and so they fell into the hands of their enemies.  Likewise, the Church in the New Testament was brought into confusion because they removed their ears from the truth and allowed false teachings to come in and cast down the faith.  Jerusalem, the Church, the City of the Truth, a spiritual place, became polluted with lies and unsound doctrines just as was predicted by the Church fathers as I brought up at the beginning.  The Christ spoke of these things and confirms that this time “of the Lord’s vengeance” was yet to be fulfilled:  in Luke 21:20-24:
“And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.  Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereunto.  For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written maybe fulfilled.  But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days!  For there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon his people.  And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations:  and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”
     Zechariah 12:2-3 also bears witness to this:
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling (a reeling from intoxication) unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.  And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people:  all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.” 
     The way to life is through the gospel and as the flaming sword guarded the tree of life, so does it guard the gospel.
     “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God,” (Romans 10:17).  Faith in the truth rises, and carnal man falls, and to those who turn their ears from the truth, they are as birds locked in a cage who cannot rise up because their faith is surrounded by those things that will not lift up.  In Revelation 18:2, it is written:
“And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” 
     The fowler’s have been busy setting their snares and catching many unsuspecting birds who were fooled by some well built traps.  They have set their houses on every corner of the street like a spider weaves its web and as an harlot hangs out on the street corner to catch a man void of understanding, like what is written in Proverbs Chapter 7.
Therefore all you mountains and hills, fear, turn, and flee for your lives because the morning draws near and when the light returns there will be no place for you to hide!  Revelation 6:14-17:
“And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains:  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.  For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand”?
     The Churches of this world are not a place of truth and salvation, but a place for sinners to hide {from the light of the knowledge of the glory of God} in their false doctrines.  Doctrines that do not elevate faith, but instead, they bring faith down because of their tolerance with sin.
     The Armageddon scripture is stated in Revelation 16:16:
“And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon”.
     And then it goes on to say in Revelation 16:20:
“And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.” 
     The light will quickly dissolve darkness and lies and false hood will disappear.  Isaiah 28:17:
“Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet:  and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.”

The morning will come as the coming of the kingdom of God and will manifest all things good or bad.

Sincerely,  Hethatreadethit

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
     The fowler’s have been busy setting their snares and catching many unsuspecting birds who were fooled by some well built traps.  They have set their houses on every corner of the street like a spider weaves its web and as an harlot hangs out on the street corner to catch a man void of understanding, like what is written in Proverbs Chapter 7.
Therefore all you mountains and hills, fear, turn, and flee for your lives because the morning draws near and when the light returns there will be no place for you to hide!  Revelation 6:14-17:
“And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains:  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.  For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand”?
     The Churches of this world are not a place of truth and salvation, but a place for sinners to hide {from the light of the knowledge of the glory of God} in their false doctrines.  Doctrines that do not elevate faith, but instead, they bring faith down because of their tolerance with sin.

Rev 18:9-11
  • And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
  • Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
  • And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

Who are the kings of the earth and the merchants of the earth in this context? Aren't they the Elects? Now when we go to Revelation 6, we read:

Rev 6:12-17
  • And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
  • And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
  • And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
  • And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
  • And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
  • For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Who are the kings of the earth in THIS context who CAN PROPHESY that the Day of the Wrath has come?  Elects or Professed Christians? Do you believe the professed Christians will realize that the judgment take place in their congregations? I do not think so. It is the Elects who has fled to the mountains, a protection from the judgment that God poured upon unfaithful congregations (aka Babylon the Great).  It is not the Second Coming yet!

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
Greetings Erik,  I do not think these kings can prophecy, they would rather hide from the light, ( Lambs face).  The execution of judgment is the manifestation of the gospel and all truth that bears witness to the Christ.

Rev 14:6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7  Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

In John 9:39 Christ mentions that it was judgment sake that He came so the blind could see:

Joh 9:39  And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind

This is a sign that He is the seed of Abraham.

Gen 18:17  And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Gen 18:18  Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19  For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

The commandment to carry out and execute judgment of truth and peace is also given in Zechariah 8:16:

Zec 8:16  These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

Christ confirms this authority in John 5:26,27:

Joh 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

This judgment light manifest everyhing and nothing will be hid from it as the morning comes forth.  Look at what the prophet Joel wrote:
Joel 2:1-7:
Joe 2:1  Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2  A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3  A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:4  The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5  Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
Joe 2:6  Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
Joe 2:7  They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Mountains will not be a good hiding place because they have exalted themselves.  The valleys, those who humble themselves,  will be exalted.  Those whose hope is falsely elevated say to the mountains fall on us.  Their doctrines are limited because of sin and sin falls. They would rather hope in lies than come to the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This execution of Judgment was proven by the fact of the sufferings and persecution that was occuring to the church.

2Thes. 2Th 1:4  So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
2Th 1:5  Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

also:
1 Peter 4:12-17:1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Much here and there is much more;  Thanks for your question.  Hope this is a good enough answer for you.
Sincerely:  Hethatreadethit

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »
Hethatreadethit,

I am sorry but I do not think you answered my questions as you seem to avoid it.

• And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,:
  • Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.:
  • And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

And my original question for you was to see if you really know who are these kings of the earth and the merchants of the earth who do "see" and "prophesy" in this context?

These kings of the earth and the merchants of the earth IN CONTEXT signifies the Elects who are the merchants of the Gospel once within the city.  When they will "SEE" that the church is being judged for "one hour" by God, they fled to the mountain, Matthew 24:11-18, Rev 18:3-5.  This is not speaking about Second Coming if you like us to believe. Rather it is a judgment of God taking place upon unfaithful church prior to Second Coming (please read Revelation 11:10-15, especially when the city fell before the 7th trumpet can be sound. The sixth seal is when Elects now realizes the church is being judged and mourned for men who will no longer be able to buy their merchandise of Gospel anymore in order to be saved. 

Now move to next one:

• And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
  • And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
  • And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
  • And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
  • And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
  • For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

It is not the Second Coming yet! Rather it is the Day of the Lord starting with the judgment of the church. It is the wrath of the Lamb upon the unfaithful church for one hour right before the appearance of Son of Man.  So let me ask you again, who are the kings of the earth, great men, rich men, and chief captains, mighty men, every bondman and every free man? Who do they represent?  The Elects IN Christ who has flee to the Mountains during the judgment of the church, or the professed Christians who can prophesy that the judgment has come upon their church?!?  So tell me, how do the professed Christians actually realize that the wrath of the Lamb has come upon them BEFORE the last trump and the Second Coming. No, they do not realize it, only the Elects does and prophesy about it while the professed Christians are still celebrating in their congregations where Satan rules.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Matrix

• Neo
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »

• And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

The Kings of the earth in this context are the elect.

Who are the kings of the earth and the merchants of the earth in this context? Aren't they the Elects? Now when we go to Revelation 6, we read:

The kings of the earth in this context are the false Christians, not the elect.

Hosea 10:8 The high places also of Aven, the sin of Israel, shall be destroyed: the thorn and the thistle shall come up on their altars; and they shall say to the mountains, Cover us; and to the hills, Fall on us.

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:29:21 AM »
Greetings Erik:  Matrix took the words right out of my mouth.  I believe the true Gospel will be witnessed again and worldly churchs will fight the truth because their steeped up on the false doctrines and customs of previous generations just as was the jews in the time of Christ.  Don't you think that God will work again before the stuff hits the fan?

faith53

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »

The Kings of the earth in this context are the elect.

I really do not see how this would be possible? Reading further we find:

[12] The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
[13] And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
[14] And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
[15] The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
[16] And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
[17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

This is a long list of worldly things and why would the Elect be committing fornication with her?

Hosea 10:8 The high places also of Aven, the sin of Israel, shall be destroyed: the thorn and the thistle shall come up on their altars; and they shall say to the mountains, Cover us; and to the hills, Fall on us.

This one I understand but how is it "kings of the earth" are beholden to two separate meanings in the same chapter? It would seem they are one in the same here? Some words do hold double meaning but I question this to be one of them. Perhaps I can be enlightened?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »
This is a long list of worldly things and why would the Elect be committing fornication with her?

The problem is that you see these merchandises as worldly thing which is not true. These merchandises are spiritually pointing to GOSPEL which we are made merchants of! We are the kings and priests in God's Kingdom where we merchandised Gospel within the congregation. When the woman has become a harlot, where she allowed Gog and Magog (army of professed Christians) to rob or to take spoil of our merchandises, it become useless to save any men. That is why we, merchants of the earths, MOURNS about it. 

We, Elects have committed forincation with Babylon means that we were once within church when she was apostate. Many of us took part of speaking in tongues, used to believe in free wills, etc. until we saw something not right and  felt the urge to leave church. That is how God calls His People out when we see abomination of desolation standing where it ought not.

Erik

Hethatreadethit

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
Greetings Erik:  Babylon in history destroyed the temple and carried off all the riches thereof back to Babylon.  They didn't really have any idea what they were messin with and God  took their kingdom and gave it to the Medes and Persians.  Spiritually, the abomination of desolation came about when people in the early church removed their ear from the truth and prefered to follow after their own will .  This act of covetousness (which is idolatry, Col. 3:5) replaced the hearing ear with the religious confusion there is today.  There is no heart there for the great spiritual riches that are hid in God's word.  The sanctuary of strength was polluted with false doctrine, and the truth was cast down by the removal of the hearing ear (mute abomination).  Paul in Timothy understood this would happen because he understood the prophecy, at least in part;

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Dan 8:11  Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12  And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

The confusion you see today is Babylon and the great mountains that have formed from it have been gathered for their doom.  Therefore we must all flee from religious confusion and pray for restoration.  This is the best way I can explain it.  Before you can understand complicated prophecies it helps to understand more simple aspects of the bible.

Sincerely:  Hethatreadethit

Matrix

• Neo
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »

This one I understand but how is it "kings of the earth" are beholden to two separate meanings in the same chapter? It would seem they are one in the same here? Some words do hold double meaning but I question this to be one of them. Perhaps I can be enlightened?

I don't get your drift. The kings of the earth in this chapter are believers who have come out of this great harlot and stand far off from her. Where is it two separate meanings in one chapter?

faith53

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »
Of course I mean book....not chapter. To me, they are one in the same from both versus. I do not believe The Elect will be showing any remorse over the destruction of the unbelievers, or the false church.

John 16

[20] Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
[21] A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world

I think we can say that Christ's coming will be total joy for all who have prevailed. There does not seem a thread of scripture which speaks otherwise. Somehow I cannot picture a group of Elect people standing afar off and crying over anything.

[33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Again, though we reach out to others and lament over friends or family who have gone off the path....it does not seem to me this account would bring sorrow to The Elect. After all, it's over. Nor have we committed fornication with the false church IMV. Put this way, if I am among a bunch of worldly boys who want to throw a rock and break a window....but I leave prior to the act and abstain from partaking? Have I committed a crime or fornication?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]