[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Bring You Into Your Own Land  (Read 2073 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Bring You Into Your Own Land
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »
I need some help here.  In Ezekiel 36 below, I believe that God is talking about gathering his Elects out of the nations, but what did God really mean by 'bring you into your own land'.  What land is it really?  Kingdom of God... on earth? Will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?

Eze 36:24  For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

I need some help here.  I believe that God is talking about gathering his Elects out of the nations, but what did God really mean by 'bring you into your own land'.  What land is it?  Kingdom of God... on earth? Church? Or will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?

Most people considered Eze 36:24-26 to talk about gathering Jews from the nations and bringing them back to a piece of land called the nation of Israel in the Middle East - something I do not agree with.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
Re: Bring You Into Your Own Land
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 12:33:33 AM »
<<<I need some help here.  I believe that God is talking about gathering his Elects out of the nations, but what did God really mean by 'bring you into your own land'.  What land is it?  Kingdom of God... on earth?Church? Or will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?>>>

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Ezekiel 36

To bring them into their own land,is to bring them into the kingdom of God.The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are synonymous.

17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near. Matthew 4

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. Mark 1.

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5

20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Luke 6

11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 8

28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.Luke 13

And what sort of land are we talking about?

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.  Ezekiel 36.

The land of the fathers, was a land  for an everlasting possession!The only everlasting land is the kingdom of God.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. Genesis 17.

And how is He gathering them?He is gathering them with His spirit.The water is closely associated with the spirit.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36.

1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. Zechaiah 13.
\
3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring.  Isaiah 44. 

15 Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. Isaiah 32.

7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart. Jeremiah 24.

1  Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Isaiah 55.

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3.

andreas.

kai ean diabainhs dió udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
Thank you Andreas. It helps.

Hard to convince someone who believe in literal sense of interpretation, doesn't it? The land God talked about is not about pile of dirt, but represents kingdom of God.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:16:42 AM »
Hard to convince someone who believe in literal sense of interpretation, doesn't it? The land God talked about is not about pile of dirt, but represents kingdom of God.

Erik

I believe that the prophesy to bring them into their own land is the literal sense of the interpretation. It's just not physical land, it's literally a spiritual land. This is how God's prophesy has usually worked all throughout scripture. For example literal kingdom, but not a physical earthly kingdom. Literal family, but not a physical kinship, a spiritual kingship. Literal peace, but not physical peace. The spiritual peace between God and man. Likewise the promised land is not on this physical earth, it's literally a spiritual land.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
What land is it?  Kingdom of God... on earth? Church? Or will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?
Without question it is the "world TO COME" ~Where the kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdom of Jesus Christ and his chosen seed. It is the New heavens and earth promised to them by God.
Quote from: Paul
Romans 4:13~"For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."
Faith being the system under which the elect come to KNOW that they are the chosen seed of Christ and their eternal inheritance is the world to come. Faith is NOT the means of inheriting eternal life in the world to come, but it is the SYSTEM that God has chosen to be the EVIDENCE for them that they are the true Israel of God and the land is the world to come.
Quote from: The HOLY GHOST
Hebrews 2:5~"For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak."
Quote from: Erik Diamond on: November 15, 2007, 08:12:09 PM
What land is it?  Kingdom of God... on earth? Church? Or will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?
It IS the Kingdom of God in its FINAL state; it will be on earth; it IS the LAND of the New Heavens and earth. Selah
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 02:42:20 PM »
I need some help here.  In Ezekiel 36 below, I believe that God is talking about gathering his Elects out of the nations, but what did God really mean by 'bring you into your own land'.  What land is it really?  Kingdom of God... on earth? Will there be 'land' in new heaven and earth?

Erik

It's the same land Abraham searched for but didn't find in this world. He was like a stranger here, but found the promise fulfilled in the spiritual land, the spiritual city that God promised his seed.

'By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. Hebrews 11:8-10"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]