[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 1 out of a 1000  (Read 2782 times)

E_Sage

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: 1 out of a 1000
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 12:41:02 PM »
The third part are the elect of God.
This two thirds is 666 out of 1000, the number of a man, those who have the mark in their hands or foreheads.
Revelations 13:18
18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Am I understanding this correctly, it all seems so simple.

Penne

Greetings Penne!

Yes it is a blessing is it not?!   :)

This theme of one third and two thirds is seen elsewhere as well. 

For example:

1 And after this it came to pass that David smote the Philistines, and subdued them: and David took Methegammah out of the hand of the Philistines.
2 And he smote Moab, and measured them with a line, casting them down to the ground; even with two lines measured he to put to death, and with one full line to keep alive. And so the Moabites became David's servants, and brought gifts.

- 2 Samuel 8:1-2

So David made three lines, three thirds of the whole.  Two of those lines David had put to death, two thirds of the whole. One line he showed mercy and spared, one third of the whole.

Also:

11 Again also he sent to him another captain of fifty with his fifty. And he answered and said to him, O man of God, thus has the king said, Come down quickly. 12 And Elijah answered and said to them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume you and your fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
13 And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and sought him, and said to him, O man of God, I pray you, let my life, and the life of these fifty your servants, be precious in your sight. 14 Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in your sight. 15 And the angel of the LORD said to Elijah, Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him to the king.

- 2 Kings 1:11-15

So here we see again three groups of a captain and 50 men, three thirds of the whole. Two of the three groups of fifty were burnt up by God sending fire down from heaven. (hmm where have I heard this before?)   )thinker( ;D So two thirds of the whole die, one third of the whole is spared.  Even in the parable of the sower you can see this pattern.  Except there you have four fourths of the whole.  One fourth receives by the wayside, does not understand it, and the wicked one snatches it away. One third receives in stony ground, but has no root.  He endures for a time but falls away due to persecution or tribulation on account of The Word.  One third receives in the thorns.  But the world draws him away.  Finally one third receives on the good soil and understands and produces fruit.  So one fourth is immediately blinded. Two thirds acutally fall away.  One third understands and brings forth fruit.  So the one fourth that are immediately blinded never come in the first place to be cut off, because they already are.

18 Hear you therefore the parable of the sower. 19 When any one hears the word of the kingdom, and understands it not, then comes the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that hears the word, and immediately with joy receives it; 21 Yet has he not root in himself, but endures for a while: for when tribulation or persecution rises because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that hears the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the word, and understands it; which also bears fruit, and brings forth, some an hundred times, some sixty, some thirty.

- Matthew 13:18-23

Then comes the parable of the tares right after!

- Matthew 13:24-30

To the Glory of God our Father and to our Lord Jesus Christ!  :)  AMEN!!

Jenny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 02:58:00 PM »
When did Lauren support aquatic's views?  )Say_what(

Women are the weaker vessel. You weren't here darlin. You just got here a few months ago. We've been here for years and know a lot more of the facts. No one else has ever agreed with aquatic's toxic and strange views.

OK.

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »
Women are the weaker vessel. You weren't here darlin.

Oh, that's not sexist at all  ::)

Admin, may I ask you kindly delete the off-topic posts started by aquatic hat have nothing to do with eschatology and continued unwisely. Including mine. Thanks!
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

Puritan Heart

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 06:13:35 AM »
Women are the weaker vessel. You weren't here darlin.

Oh, that's not sexist at all  ::)

Admin, may I ask you kindly delete the off-topic posts started by aquatic hat have nothing to do with eschatology and continued unwisely. Including mine. Thanks!

Chicago Bear,

Certainly, it might be off topic as you say, but sexist ??  In your opinion no doubt, since you felt compelled to voice your stance, as is prevalent of the masses throughout the world, but not according to Holy Scripture.

1 Peter 3:7

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Holy Scripture is not to be considered nothing more than a French Buffet or a Swedish Smörgåsbord.  Relativism of scripture is what has created the morass the church now finds herself in, unable to distinguish the Bride from the whore, and you dare to call the Word of God, sexist ??

I submit to you that humble repentance on your part before a Holy God and Father is your duty, and no less, to those whom you encourage by your flagrant rejection of the Truth of Holy Writ, apparently preferring the social norms above the instruction of your Blood-bought salvation.

In Christ
Alexandra

PS; perhaps another post should be started, INCLUDING these.  There may be many, both men and women alike, who may benefit greatly from learning to adhere to and trust in the edicts of scripture only, thus, walking in Holiness and obedience to Christ alone,  learning how to discern the voice of the enemy, even when it comes boldly stated from those who call themselves christian.

2 Timothy 3 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]