[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 1 out of a 1000  (Read 2792 times)

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
1 out of a 1000
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
Ecclesiastes 7:27-28
27  Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28  Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not

This one man out of a thousand is Jesus who can forgive sins.  This leaves 999 men remaining.

Again, in the Book of Job, Jesus is one among a thousand.
Job 33:23-24
23  If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:
24  Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

Zechariah explains who the remaining 999 are.

Zechariah 13:7-9   
7 "Awake, O Sword, against My Shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: Smite the Shepherd and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn Mine hand upon the little ones. 
8  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, Two Parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third part shall be left therein.   
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, it is My people: and they shall say, the Lord is My God."

The third part are the elect of God.
This two thirds is 666 out of 1000, the number of a man, those who have the mark in their hands or foreheads.
Revelations 13:18
18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Am I understanding this correctly, it all seems so simple.

Penne

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Re: 1 out of a 1000
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
27  Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28  Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not

This one man out of a thousand is Jesus who can forgive sins.  This leaves 999 men remaining.

23  If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:
24  Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

7 "Awake, O Sword, against My Shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: Smite the Shepherd and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn Mine hand upon the little ones. 
8  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, Two Parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third part shall be left therein.   
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, it is My people: and they shall say, the Lord is My God."

This two thirds is 666 out of 1000, the number of a man, those who have the mark in their hands or foreheads.
18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Penne

All except that the scriptures say it is the number of man, not the number of a man. It's not a particular man, but mankind. I know the translations say a man, but the original Greek writing does not. So 666 is the number of man or mankind that is not elect. The rest are the elect that have been brought through the fire in Christ.

Chris - Jesus' Boy

• For Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen
    • Test All Things
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »

Penne

So awesome.

I remember earlier this year being shown these verses together, i was overjoyed to see it so clearly explained by scripture.

so much for micro chips implants...

aquatic

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:07:59 PM »
666 is the number of man. True. Anyone else notice the Star of David? The symbol for modern Israel?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Star_of_David.svg

6 points, 6 triangles, 6 sided hexagram...

Obviously itís not scriptural. Interesting that the very group of people that hate Christ has 666 contained in their symbol and way of life.

Coincidence?

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 08:48:39 PM »
666 is the number of man. True. Anyone else notice the Star of David? The symbol for modern Israel?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Star_of_David.svg

What has this to so with the topic of eschatology or Biblical theology? In forum category "Biblical Discussions" of eschatology Scripture reference is required by rule. We're sick of hearing your silly, non biblical ideas about Hitler, Lincoln, conspiracies, and now a man-made star and traditions that have nothing to do with scripture or Christianity. You just don't get it do you? Your mind is somewhere far away from Christ and Christian bible based discussions.

Utah has 6 sides, 6 electoral votes and 6 universities in Division I NCAA. What a coincidence!  ::)

Who cares! Stop with these wild ridiculous notions of yours. You're worse than the people talking about the 6 mountains of Rome being the place the Beast sits. Please stop detracting from scripture interpretations.

Obviously itís not scriptural.

And neither are you. So what are either of you doing in a scriptural forum beside averting attention away from what is scriptural?  )Say_what(

aquatic

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 11:27:16 PM »
Itís fascinating. A group of people who have rejected Christ since their entire existence has a blatantly obvious number of 666. Sorry to have triggered you, but others might find this interesting.

Would it make you feel better if I started a new thread in the Misc. Forum? Somehow, I think you would still complain.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 03:55:29 AM »
What has this to so with the topic of eschatology or Biblical theology?

Utah has 6 sides, 6 electoral votes and 6 universities in Division I NCAA. What a coincidence!  ::)

Who cares! Stop with these wild ridiculous notions of yours.

Is someone a little salty because of aquatic's antisemitic Hitler misunderstood remark?

As a Jew, you should be.  I don't blame you on that one, because I am someone who supports Israel and the Jews and I'm the first to say that his comment was soooooooo out of left field for a supposed Christian.

He shows his contempt of you again with the star of David being 666 comment. What a low blow. He shows his hatred for Jews by claiming the Devil's number 666 is in their symbol and way of life. Why he continues his antisemitic outbursts and is allowed to remain here is beyond my comprehension.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 04:02:23 AM »
Itís fascinating. A group of people who have rejected Christ since their entire existence has a blatantly obvious number of 666.

Wow! I guess you forgot about all the prophets of old, David, Elijah Abraham, the 12 apostles, the early church et al? What a racist you are to paint an entire race as filled with hate. You are the one filled with hate.

Sorry to have triggered you, but others might find this interesting.

The only one I have ever heard finding your comments interesting here is Lauren. Other than that, you seem alone in your feelings. When you supported Trump, I thought you might be redeemable, but you've now shown your true colors.

Jenny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 02:49:13 PM »
The only one I have ever heard finding your comments interesting here is Lauren. Other than that, you seem alone in your feelings. When you supported Trump, I thought you might be redeemable, but you've now shown your true colors.

When did Lauren support aquatic's views?  )Say_what(

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 03:39:14 PM »
Is someone a little salty because of aquatic's antisemitic Hitler misunderstood remark?

As a Jew, you should be. 

No, as A Christian I should be. Unforrtunately, anyone can call themselves a Christian. All it takes is wind over the lips.

aquatic

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »
Dan,
Donít support the Jews. They continue to reject Christ as always. You can however pray and hope that God opens their eyes to the truth of Christ.

I donít condemn a whole race or nation. I was generalizing. As a whole the nation of Israel is lost and one of the most corrupt and despicable nations in the history of Earth.

You worship Israel, instead of Christ.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 12:27:40 AM »
I donít condemn a whole race or nation. I was generalizing.

Are you so dense that you don't know that's what all racists do? That's what makes them racists! They say the Jews are this, the blacks are that, the Mexicans are another, the Muslims, the Polls, the Japs, on and on, rather than speak of individuals who err.

You are so tone deaf!

aquatic

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:17 AM »
What have I said thatís racist? I take issue with a religion that rejects, mocks and vilifies Christ more than anyone.  Itís based on their actions. Christ even warned us of them multiple times.

Also there is a subset of Jews called Zionists that I do not appreciate. They interfere with international money systems that consequently lead to wars in which they seem to fund both  sides enriching themselves at the expense of others. And also taking over the media in numerous countries whereby they spew their propaganda thru news, movies, music, etc.

But that is not all Jews. Iím sure there  are ďgoodĒ Jews that live peacefully, but how good are they if they reject Christ. I pray for them. I donít hate them.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 04:56:42 AM »
When did Lauren support aquatic's views?  )Say_what(

Women are the weaker vessel. You weren't here darlin. You just got here a few months ago. We've been here for years and know a lot more of the facts. No one else has ever agreed with aquatic's toxic and strange views.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 05:01:00 AM »
Iím sure there  are ďgoodĒ Jews that live peacefully, but how good are they if they reject Christ.

You can say that about anyone not in the church, but Racists always single out Jews. How good are Egyptians? How good are Japanese? They reject Christ, so why are you singling out Jews?

How good are you if you think Hitler was sooooo misunderstood?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]