[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Pray your Flight be not in Winter, neither on the Sabbath Day  (Read 19061 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Pray your Flight be not in Winter, neither on the Sabbath Day
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 10:07:37 PM »
Erik,
Luke 21:28
Says when these things begin to come to pass then look up and lift up your heads for your redemption draweth nigh.
That means we are already in the Great tribulation.
Only the elect will get wisdom this time to understand Gods word correctly.Isnt it?

Correct.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »
Erik,
Mat 24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16  Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:
Doesnt this mean that this is the beginning of the great tribulation?

The abomination of desolation is not the beginning of Great Tribulation. It happens after the apostasy of the church.   The 1260th day is apostasy of the church and the beginning of the Great Tribulation. It also can be the "Beginning of Sorrow". Then on 1290th day, the abomination of desolation begun and the fall of the church. We will have until 1335th day when Christ will return.

Also please explain this verse.
  Re 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb
what is this talking about?
God bless

I suggest that you check with my recent post on this under "The Church Age" thread.

Peace,
Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

dad1057

• saved by grace !
    • The True Grace of God
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 06:10:23 PM »
Erik, Do you sense that currently, we are the last generation till Christ returns ? As in matt 24: 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
acts 20:  24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 07:35:40 PM »
Erik, Do you sense that currently, we are the last generation till Christ returns ? As in matt 24: 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled

Perhaps you should read the following article:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/generation.shtml

Erik

dad1057

• saved by grace !
    • The True Grace of God
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »
Erik, Do you sense that currently, we are the last generation till Christ returns ? As in matt 24: 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled

Perhaps you should read the following article:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/generation.shtml

Erik

I read that article and it was enligtning, Thanks... Be it known, I am not a preterist, I believe that is error. I did take generation in matt 24 to be speaking of that last generation of people ( in terms of life span) to be present @ the time of christ 2nd Advent. I agree with the article that generation is used as a seed, rather that seed of the righteous as in abel or the seed of the wicked as in cain or the devil.... But let me ask the queston another way. Do you believe that we now who are believers in christ, barring physical death, will be alive @ the 2nd coming of christ ? 1 cor 15:

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
acts 20:  24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
But let me ask the queston another way. Do you believe that we now who are believers in christ, barring physical death, will be alive @ the 2nd coming of christ ? 1 cor 15:

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Yes.

Mat 24:13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mat 24:21  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat 24:23  Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25  Behold, I have told you before.

During the great tribulation, you will hear from many churches that they have christ in their church. You will see increasing number of false prophets all over the church preaching "lamb-like but a dragon gospels". It will sound like it come from God (that deceive the very elects), but all Elects will notice and depart from them 

You see, after God have finished sealing His people right before the offical start of the great tribulation, many of these Elects will endure a short period of great tribulation (however long it lasts), and will be the ones who will still 'alive and remain' when Christ comes.

Please understand, it does not mean that all Elects, who were alive when the great tribulation offically started, will live physically to experience rapture. Many will still die of natural cause (health problems, old age, diseases, cancers, etc.) or act of war or freaky accidents.  We are all God have left on earth. We are the last of the Elects.  Without adding more people to God's family, the number of true christians living on earth decrease!  That is why God will decide when to cut great tribulation short for our sakes to ensure that He will have some of his Elects left on earth to be raptured!  Or else, there will be no Elects left on earth.  That is what Matthew 24:21-22 are all about.  Now about Fig trees: 

Mat 24:32  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33  So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Luk 21:29  And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30  When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31  So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Here was the the garden filled with fig trees and all other trees standing around Jesus and his audience when He gave his prophecies.  Jesus used these trees as an EXAMPLE how we will reconize the signs.  Jesus explained that if someone saw the trees that is set forth new leaves, he will 'mentally' know that summer is near. LIKEWISE, when you see (and understand what it is) abomination of desolation, apostasy of church, rise of false prophets, love grows cold, depart from faith, judgment of church, lying signs and wonders, etc. etc., then you will 'mentally' know that Jesus is coming! These are the only signs we need to know!  No need to play with date-setting like some people still do.  You will "know of your own selves" that Jesus is coming. It is Holy Spirit's revelation to you.  The question is how long have we have been in great tribulation? It depends on who you are talking to. Not all Elects have noticed on the same day.  Many of us have already noticed in recent decades. Actually there are very few of us left on earth in compare to world's and corporate church popluation. Corporation churches are growing, their memberships are growing, there are many healing/revival/propersity gospels going on.  But where are the true believers in there? How many of them have actually alredy leave their church? Do you hear about them in newspaper? No? You see, God already know where we are and He will have us where we are supposed to.  I personally don't think we have much time left on earth.

Don't be foolish by the world around us as if things are not that bad. Jesus warned: 

Luk 21:34  And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35  For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Watch!

Erik

dad1057

• saved by grace !
    • The True Grace of God
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing erik, you have given me things to meditate on , and I percieve truth in a lot of what you are saying. We, my wife and I do believe that religon is controlled by Satan and that the true saints of God, will be effectually called out of that mess.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »
Stacia --

Winter and sabbath have to do with a time of no salvation. 

How do you figure that a Sabbath has to do with no salvation? A Sabbath is a holy day, is it not? What therefore is holy about no salvation? That's not a holy day.

Dude

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
dad1057

We know from the Bible that all of the churches are coming unglued. It's just a matter of time.  How much time? Who knows. Tell us when you're going to die.  Who knows but God who has every bit of information ever to happen.  Automatic. He's God and He will see to it that His children live by faith, the faith of Christ.  Erik and many others claim to know that God's salvation has ended.  Some of them even know when that happened. And others even know when He's likely to return.   I'm not surprised to read this type of thing because I'd have to agree with them that satan has been loosed, their notoriety is proof of that -- and it will increase as will the intensity of the tribulation which is upon us.  To say that no one can be born again and then to say that you're a witness is a position which is not possible for a child of God to be in.  At least not for long. Those who take that position are witnesses all right  -- they're false witnesses.  Read John again and look for the light. 

stacia

• Not worthy
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 05:15:57 AM »
Erik,
I have witnessed myself people leaving churches 3 yrs ago cause of false doctrines.Does this mean that Gods elect will come to know they are save till the last day before Christ comes?or are Gods elect still getting saved in this great tribulation?
God bless

dad1057

• saved by grace !
    • The True Grace of God
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »
dad1057

We know from the Bible that all of the churches are coming unglued. It's just a matter of time.  How much time? Who knows. Tell us when you're going to die.  Who knows but God who has every bit of information ever to happen.  Automatic. He's God and He will see to it that His children live by faith, the faith of Christ.  Erik and many others claim to know that God's salvation has ended.  Some of them even know when that happened. And others even know when He's likely to return.   I'm not surprised to read this type of thing because I'd have to agree with them that satan has been loosed, their notoriety is proof of that -- and it will increase as will the intensity of the tribulation which is upon us.  To say that no one can be born again and then to say that you're a witness is a position which is not possible for a child of God to be in.  At least not for long. Those who take that position are witnesses all right  -- they're false witnesses.  Read John again and look for the light. 

Hey Dude , thanks for responding. I don`t believe we have nailed it down to the tee, but What erik is saying about there will be a time of no salvation is certainly implied in scripture. In Matthew 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

It appears that the preaching will be primarily for a witness. Now will God still have a few more elect who will come to the truth even when the Gospel message is primarily a witness, maybe, from scriptures like 2pet 3

7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

These verses seem to indicate that maybe there is a very small remnant, also Daniel 12: 2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

These verses seem to imply a few more may be enlignted to salvation during this horrible time, and of course the witness would be from the true believers on earth at that time. But for the most part, the witness of todays denominations and religous activity, is nothing but the antichrist..

Dude

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »
dad1057

Hey Dude , thanks for responding. I don`t believe we have nailed it down to the tee, but What erik is saying about there will be a time of no salvation is certainly implied in scripture. In Matthew 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

It appears that the preaching will be primarily for a witness. Now will God still have a few more elect who will come to the truth even when the Gospel message is primarily a witness, maybe, from scriptures like 2pet 3

7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

These verses seem to indicate that maybe there is a very small remnant, also Daniel 12: 2And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

These verses seem to imply a few more may be enlignted to salvation during this horrible time, and of course the witness would be from the true believers on earth at that time. But for the most part, the witness of todays denominations and religous activity, is nothing but the antichrist..

Hey dad1027

For sure salvation will end when it ends and then comes JUDGEMENT DAY right away, no delay, immediately.  You didn't re-read John yet, did you?  If you had you'd see that witnessing was always in style just as it will be up until we're dead and gone or the LORD returns at which point we'll be transformed and gone.  2 Peter 3 lets us know that there were those who scoffed at anyone telling them about JUDGEMENT DAY coming, way back before the Bible was even finished.  The witness or testimony about the end of the world gives meaning to salvation -- what are we saved from, a little scolding or what?  So the Gospel, the good news, the light of the world gets pinched off a little bit at a time until the very last of the elect is born again and bingo! The LORD returns and JUDGEMENT DAY begins.  You are right about the direction of the churches  -- they're running into the arms of satan at a very fast pace. It's hard to believe what some of the congregations are hearing these days  -- but where's the outrage?  Gone fishing, literally.

dad1057

• saved by grace !
    • The True Grace of God
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:57 PM »
Well, I tell you, it would be a great blessing if God were to use our testimony/witness to convert one of His elect in this the dark time in human history  :)

Dude

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »
amen

stacia

• Not worthy
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 06:03:10 AM »
Rev 9:6  And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them
Can any explain this.
Does this mean that many wanted to die in Christ but cannot as God cannot save them.I dont know whether any elect will be saved during the great tribulation.I know one thing that after God seals his elect then the great tribulation begins.
Let God have mercy on me as I know we are already in this time and so many professing christians lost.
O God have mercy

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]