[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Drugs and Alcohol  (Read 2762 times)

kristanmauger

Drugs and Alcohol
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
Heyy Everyone,
My name is Kristan. I have a really good friend that's been close to me for 7 years. In those seven years he chose to go the wrong way with his life. I know that I'm not supposed to be unequally yolked but he seriously has been there for me in the hardest of times. Anyways, he's messed up. He doesn't like my Christian outlook on life. He claims that God says "Weed is Good" and that "My precious Jesus Drank and I don't insult Him so why worry about what he does?" I feel lost and I seriously need help. I don't know what to say to him to help him or make him understand that I'm not trying to insult him, I'm trying to help him.
Please get back to me.
Thank You,
:-\Kristan

Raybob

• I'm a Lamma
Re: Drugs and Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 4:7  But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
1Pe 1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:6  Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Tit 2:4  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:2  That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
2Co 5:13  For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

Yes, Jesus did turn water into wine but can you find any verse where He ever drank or got drunk?
Raybob

pepsisue42

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Drugs and Alcohol
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »
Hi...Did you mean to say medicational benefits?
We are supposed to meditate on the Word of God day and night but I personally doubt it means to say with wine or other things as weed. JMHO

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]