[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should We Spank Our Children  (Read 62927 times)

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
Re: Should We Spank Our Children
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2004, 03:35:26 AM »

I see a lot of bible verses on this thread but Diane M. had the most important one so far.:

Prv. 13:24  He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

There is a BIG difference between spanking a child and lashing out in anger. 
Raybob

Diane often puts forth some of the most thoughtful replies. But in reading others, I think that we have to be careful not to start defining terms by our present day culture, rather than by the bible. And I think that is what a lot of the people here are doing. They've been led to believe that hitting a child is wrong and is an act of hatred and violence, but that is not the truth. It's a lie that the devil keeps going. Sure, any law can be abused, but that's not the point. the point is, are we our own authority to decide for ourselves as some here seem to think, or is God the authority. It's as simple as that.
"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

Carmel

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2004, 04:19:20 AM »

That is without a doubt one of the most absurd questions that I have ever read posted here. And I've read a lot of absurd questions.

Sorry that the question is beyond your reasoning ability and scriptural knowledge  ;Dbut there are  scriptural reasons for asking the question. You may apologise shortly.

You probably believe that spanking is only appropriate for acts of rebellion.

What you class as sin may not be sin at all.

Did Jesus ever do something the wrong way and did His Father correct Him and with what, and was it necessary for His mother to smack Him.

Think about that.

Blade

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2004, 04:31:03 AM »

Did Jesus ever do something the wrong way and did His Father correct Him and with what, and was it necessary for His mother to smack Him.

Think about that.

Jesus is God. Thus I have to agree with Bunyan. It's an absurd question not worthy of an answer.

Where are all these people just coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden?

Carol

• Christ is All!
    • Gospel of Grace Online
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2004, 09:00:58 AM »

The Lord Jesus NEVER sinned.  He was perfect all his days upon the earth.  If he had sinned, we would be in BIG trouble.  We wouldn't have a Savior, a substitute. 

Luke 6:40  The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 

We are perfect only if we are 'in him,' because he is perfect.  God would not accept anything short of perfection.

Blessings,
Carol
Run, John, run! The Law commands!
But gives me neither feet nor hands.
Far grander news the Gospel brings:
It bids me fly and gives me wings!"
                                 John Bunyan

http://members.cox.net/ckizzz/index

Carmel

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2004, 07:24:59 PM »
(Heb 5:7-9)  who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, {8} though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. {9} And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2004, 04:17:06 AM »
Jesus is God. Thus I have to agree with Bunyan. It's an absurd question not worthy of an answer.

Where are all these people just coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden?

The only question that we need to answer is are we going to listen to the  Oprah Winfreys' of the Church, or are we going to be obedient to God's Word. And what if they don't believe these scriptures? Does that make the scriptures untrue?

Romans 3:3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?  God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

I don't have to show the tons of scriptures where God instructs us to spank and not pity and not spare, you've all done a great job in witnessing to his word. The only question that remians is, how many of us will receive God's truth vs. those who have no respect for it at all. Let God be true and every man, and woman, a liar.

All of the God fearing theologians of history were spanked, look at the crop of theologians and pastors we have today and compare. Which ones were faithful and trained in the way they should go. So let the social architecs talk all the rebellion they want. The scriptures speak for themselves.

Shirley

• The Spirit of Christ
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2004, 07:23:36 AM »
I don't have to show the tons of scriptures where God instructs us to spank and not pity and not spare, you've all done a great job in witnessing to his word. The only question that remians is, how many of us will receive God's truth vs. those who have no respect for it at all. Let God be true and every man, and woman, a liar.

Amen, Amen, and Amen  Bob,

The kids of today are undisciplined and are really exhibiting animal behavior. They know they can get away with it because parents today have let them know they can get away with it. Instead of the parent being dominant, often they've allowed the kids to be dominant. Discipline has to start earlier in a child's life. Just as God's word says. Instead of a "time out" a slap on the behind is what kids need to let them know who is in charge. I'm so tired or reading posts like I have here, with people who don't know anything about kids acting as if they are experts on child behaviour. While just completely ignoring the bible. Kids are not "little adults," they are children who need discipline and strict correction.

Personally, I would spank after the first couple warning. I spanked my kids, and they are the best behaved children on the block. They know I do it out of love and they have respect for their parents. Unlike my neighbor's children who are not spanked and who talk to their parents as if they were children. And why not, all the repercussions they will get is sent to their rooms. And they don't even have to go, because they can just call the police if the parent hits them or makes them by force.

I am firmly convinced that the only reason people do not get violent in most cases, is that they fear repercussions of some sort. Unless they are saved, they have no incentive to be good. Because despite what society says, the heart of man is desperately wicked. These social workers are under the delusion that children are born good and spanking makes them bad. Christians know better than that. And if there are no repercussions, or the repercussions are so mild as to be a joke to kids, then the violent behaviour of most children will continue, and even get worse.

My kids are very well behaved in public, because they knew that their mother believed in corporal punishment, and they respect that. As I did my parents, and my parents their parents. These new social christians are all screwed up because they don't appreciate God's word.

TashaJordan

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 04:09:52 AM »
Being raised in a family that believed in spanking I would have to say that I do not believe in it. I may have done something wrong to warrent a punushment yes but I can tell you thet hitting me did not correct it, it only made me scared of my parents.....why do kids listen better after they have been spanked? It is out of fear not out of knowing the did something wrong. I felt unloved and even hated after being spanked. If you want to take Gods word literally then God doesn't even say to spank he says to beat them with a stick and how many of you think beating kids with a stick will teach them anything but fear of the people that are supposed to love them and guide them. Spare the rod spoil the shild I've heard so many times I can't count but a rod in those days was a staff used by shepherds to guide their sheep away from danger not to beat them with. Now you can say children are born bad all you want but Jesus tells us to be like little children in our faith and beconed the children to him all the time. He did not say be not like little children for they are wicked creatures....and nor did he tell them how sinful they were when he called them to sit on his knee. Children learn alot better when treated with respect and it kindly explained to them why what they did was wrong, they understand alot more than they are given credit for and just like you and me.....would you listen to your boss more if he screamed at you and then took out a stick to hit you with? Or if he kindly explained why you need to do something and treated you like a human being. I have 4 children and none of them get spanked, nor do they run around acting out like children that get hit, and nor do they cring when I raise my hand and in that I take much pride. Have you ever seen a child that gets hit react when his parent or anyone else raises their hand even in play? The first thing they do is put their hand up like they are about to get hit, and thats definatley not how I would want my children to react to me. Jesus never once hit a child or anyone else. I do not get my way of thinking from psycology books I get it from living it and knowing now as a mother how it made me feel as a child to be hit and never wanting my children to feel that way.

Tasha

Tasha

Dave Taylor

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2005, 08:56:14 AM »
So you are a better teacher than the Bible Tasha? 

You seem to be saying so in your rationalization away from what the Bible teaches.

Proverbs 13:24
"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Proverbs 22:15
"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 23:12
"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge. Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

Discipline and training via spanking is not abuse nor disrespectfulness.  It is Godly instruction meted out in love and restraint by the wise parent.

Spanking is serious Tasha; according to the Bible; when done properly; it can deliver a child's soul from hell.

Or the alternative;

ask him nicely, watch him disobey;
give him candy, watch him disobey;
give him a 3 count, watch him disobey;
put him in time-out, watch him disobey;
let him grow up rebelious; and be partly responsible for his soul going to hell.

Which is worse; a correcting swat on the rear-end from time to time in accordance with the Bible's teaching in loving instruction; or eternal damnation of his soul in hell because of lack of responsibility and relying on ones sinful emotional rationalizations and rejecting the Bible's instruction?

Of course, only if you believe what Proverbs teaches is truth and wise instruction.  If not, then the Bible is nothing more than an alternative to Grims or Aesop's Fairy Tales.

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2005, 10:10:33 AM »
Being raised in a family that believed in spanking I would have to say that I do not believe in it. I may have done something wrong to warrent a punushment yes but I can tell you thet hitting me did not correct it, it only made me scared of my parents.

Tasha,

You seem to be hell bent on taking up the liberal post modern church philosophies of the world as your banner. But what you see as right, is an offense to what God sees as right. Fathers have been spanking kids for thousands of years, and few hated their parents the way we see this hatred of parents who don't spank today. The teens today show absolutely no respect for their parents today, they'll tell you point blank they hate their parents, and they haven't been hit once. So I'll take the kids 60 years ago who were spanked and still loved their parents, over the kids today any day of the week. Your way may be right in your own eyes, but listening to the bible is what's right with God.

Proverb 12:15 "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."

Your personal experiences have nothing to do with the truth that we follow. Every one of us can stand here and give a personal testimony of our personal experiences. I was given beatings, which I deserved, and I can "tell you" it was the best thing that ever happened to me. So we've both got personal experiences. You say you felt unloved, well I felt loved. And I now realize that the unloved kids were the ones who their parents never disciplined. But what good is just swapping stories if we're calling God a liar? Because love is not what you claim it is, but what God says it is.

Proverb 3:12 "For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth."
 Proverb 13:24 "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

God says it is a good thing. God says "this" is the love of a father. Should I  go by your personal reaction against your parents? That is your psychological problem, not an error in God's instruction. Christian behavior isn't defined by personal experiences related by me or you, Christians are those who follow the bible and are faithful to what it teaches. That's what ultimately determines that we are christians.

Proverbs 10:8  "The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall."

All your posts thus far seem to be of the nature of declaring yourself a "new age" christian who thinks they are wiser than God. You're saying, sure God says physical discipline is necessary, but you feel, based upon your experiences and society today, you know better. Sure God says do all to the glory of God, but being just like the world in disfiguring God's Holy Temple with piercings and tatoos is a good witness to Christ? I don't even think you believe that yourself. Because like I said, it's obvious that these actions are the way of the world, and thus at enmity with God.

Jamess 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Fear of our heavenly father is a good thing. Fear of our earthly father is also a good thing. Reverence is what is missing in the families of today. Spanking, when done in love and explained, is as the chastizement of the Lord.
Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2005, 10:23:59 AM »
The only question that we need to answer is are we going to listen to the  Oprah Winfreys' of the Church, or are we going to be obedient to God's Word. And what if they don't believe these scriptures? Does that make the scriptures untrue?

Romans 3:3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?  God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

A hearty Amen to that Bob. We know this attitute is growing in the Church, the only question is, are we going to be seduced by it, or are we going to carry the ensign of Christ unto the end? Let God be true, and mankind a liar. The scriptures justify us, not the post modern Church philosophies of rearing children. All we have to do is look at the children today who came up under this banner, and look at what the liberal churches have done, and we can see the terrible things they have done to the family, to children, and to the marriage institution. Need we further witness?

Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

TashaJordan

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2005, 03:45:34 AM »
I am not saying that we should not correct out chidlren or that we should not punish them, there are many many ways that one can correct a child. God says to punish chidlren when they gave done something wrong, and I do. I just don't hit them. And like I said before I do not get this philosophy from books or Churches. I go by what is in my heart and how I felt as a child getting spanked. I was not saying that spanking is wrong I was adding in my 2 cents worth of thoughts and feeling on it and that I personally do not do it. To say that spanking is the only thing that will save a soul from hell is pretty strange to be honest. If you raise your children with God's love they will grow in Gods love wether you spank them or not.

TashaJordan

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2005, 04:41:34 AM »
I also never once judged anyone on this board for spanking, as you seem to feel I did Kenneth. My whole point in both is that we have no right to judge anyone for anything they do or look like or have. And if we do judge we have absolutely NO RIGHT to say that it came from God, it did not come from God it came from you. You seem to be a very judgemental person. As for kids 60 years ago....lets see that was the 1940's when almost every single person smoked,  and drove big cars, including kids it was not that they did nothing wrong it was that the wrong things they did were acceptable at the time. Sorry but to say that any child not spanked will be some heathen who hates his parents is absurd. The only family I have ever met where the children were complete and utter Christians living the way God wanted them too including at the time of teenage hood was a family with 5 children, non of which got spanked. Are you saying that they are unchristian children then? The point of a board is to discuss personal opinions and sometimes lend advice not attack people with judgements and mean remarks about their pyscological state of mind nor wether or not they are sending their children to hell. People can quote to me about God saying to honor our bodies ect and my answer to that would be, who out of any of us does not eat chocolate, potato chips, margarine, pop, coffee..... because all of these are "harming the temple of God" and to call one person a sinner for such actions would be calling all people including yourself the same. Judge not lest ye be judged. I posted my piece on spanking as my personal parenting not as an opening to have someone insult me, but more in hopes of loving, nice christians to respond. And maybe as a new member get to know some of you. Never once in either of my topics have I called people sinners or told them they are going to hell and I expect the same in return. I spent 15 years witnessing to streetkids and prostitutes and its the bible bashing repent now or be sent to hell that scares them away, and its the judgemental Christians that make the world turn a deaf ear to anything being said by any sort of Christian. (yes again one of my own personal experiences but its an experience that if more Christians had, or knew how these people think of us and why exactly, and therefor we did not do, would help us witness to people and actually get them to hear what we are saying) God will judge us with the same fiercness that we have judged others in our lives.

Tasha

Carol

• Christ is All!
    • Gospel of Grace Online
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2005, 09:12:55 AM »
I spent 15 years witnessing to streetkids and prostitutes and its the bible bashing repent now or be sent to hell that scares them away, and its the judgemental Christians that make the world turn a deaf ear to anything being said by any sort of Christian. (yes again one of my own personal experiences but its an experience that if more Christians had, or knew how these people think of us and why exactly, and therefor we did not do, would help us witness to people and actually get them to hear what we are saying) God will judge us with the same fiercness that we have judged others in our lives.

Tasha,  God WILL save his people, every last one of them.  He doesn't need you or me, or anybody to dress a certain way, or talk a certain way, or ANYTHING to reach them.  The only reason anyone comes to believe in Christ is because HE opens their eyes to see him, not because --YOU weren't judgmental, or YOU got tatoos like them so that they would listen and relate to you, or whatever.  You give yourself way too much power.  NO ONE would come to Christ apart from his quickening power, not you, not me, no one!  It is ony by his grace and his power that anyone comes to him.  Christ's death on the cross determines who will come to him, not something you or I do.  Every single person he died for WILL come to him.

It's not 'judgmental Christians' that make the world turn a deaf ear to Christ.  It is our own sinful depraved nature.  Man in his natural state has no use for God.  Only when God opens our eyes will we see our great need of a Saviour and cry out for mercy.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Blessings in Christ,
Carol
Run, John, run! The Law commands!
But gives me neither feet nor hands.
Far grander news the Gospel brings:
It bids me fly and gives me wings!"
                                 John Bunyan

http://members.cox.net/ckizzz/index

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2005, 08:02:10 AM »
>>>
I also never once judged anyone on this board for spanking, as you seem to feel I did Kenneth. My whole point in both is that we have no right to judge anyone for anything they do or look like or have.
<<<

But you are wrong, he  (and everyone else here) has every right to present scripture that show what God's will is in the rearing of our children. You claim we have no right to judge, but when God told us to physically discipline our children if we love them, he gave us judgment! And from what I have read, you simply do not like God's judgments and you obviously believe that He is wrong in his understanding of rearing our children. Unfortunately for you, you have strayed into a forum where Christians take the word of God very seriously.

Proverbs 29:15
  • "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."

Yes, we're aware that you, and many more like you, just don't get it, but we do. We're not talking about personal opinion, private interpretations and humanistic sociology, we're talking about something the church today seems to have long forgotten. It's called faithfulness and obedience.

>>>
As for kids 60 years ago....lets see that was the 1940's when almost every single person smoked, and drove big cars, including kids it was not that they did nothing wrong it was that the wrong things they did were acceptable at the time.
<<<

I fail to see what smoking and driving big cars has to do with God declaing that Christians should physically discipline their children at times? And who said anything about Kids not doing anything wrong 60 years ago? As is "typical," you have no answers to scripture, so you present only "straw men" in retort. Why are you talking about something that is wrong, the topic was spanking or physical discipline in correction. Spanking that God says is not only right, but warns that we should not spare or withhold it? You are basically telling us that God doesn't know what He is talking about, or that man today knows better. One or the other. And I'm afraid that is what Christian people here are not buying.

Psalms 119:128
  • "Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way."

Christians have faith and "believe" that all God's precepts and laws are correct, not old fashioned or misguided.

>>>
Sorry but to say that any child not spanked will be some heathen who hates his parents is absurd.
<<<

Gee, who said that? ...Oh, it was you!

Proverbs 23:13
  • "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

Your argument is really not with these Christians, or our doctrine, but with God. Because despite all your hand wringing about children, it is God who commands Christian parents not to withhold correction, and that it is the child that will benefit. What you are really doing is calling God's instruction absurd! You superimpose your anger at Him, upon us, because you don't want to actually call "His Methods" archaic and ineffective. Nevertheless, God is not mocked.

>>>
The point of a board is to discuss personal opinions and sometimes lend advice not attack people with judgements and mean remarks about their psychological state of mind nor wether or not they are sending their children to hell.
<<<

The point of what board? Are you the board Police? If you want to be stroked, placated and told how progressive and loving your new age Christian philosophy is, there are many, many boards where you can go to receive that stroking you crave (Isaiah 30:9-10). But -- this isn't one of them. We will not get out of the way to turn aside the Church from the path, and cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us. We will not go the way of the world. We will not forsake God's word for man's philosophy. we believe His word is supreme and authoritative.

2nd Timothy 3:16
  • "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

So, the point of this message board is to bear witness to scripture, for the purpose of encouraging sound doctrine, for exhorting, for correction and instruction. It is really not to give wild unbiblical and invalidated personal opinions, but to discuss opinions in light of scripture, confer over God, doctrine, life, theology, and apologetics in the light of that same scripture. And as far as your charge of Christians attacking people with judgments of sending their children to hell, I suggest that you open your eyes. Only then will you come to realize that it is the "unadulterated" words of God, not of men, that has made these judgments. the Bible is divinely inspired, every word. We didn't write it.

Proverbs 23:13-14
  • "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
  • Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

What shall we say then? How dare God judge? How dare Christians bear witness to His judgments? Why don't we just cause Christ to cease from before us? ...I think not.

I posted my piece on spanking as my personal parenting not as an opening to have someone insult me, but more in hopes of loving, nice Christians to respond.

And my guess is that loving Christians did respond. Unfortunately, society's idea of loving Christians is not God's idea of loving Christians. You seem to look upon God's instruction and laws as a burden today, grievous, heavy or weighty, that we shouldn't have to bear. Again, you are wrong. Being faithful, being obedient, is not grievous to the true Christian, it "IS" the living testimony of love.

1st John 5:1-3
  • "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
  • By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
  • For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

Wala! The evidence of Christian love for our brethren (according to God), is obedience, not social engineering and humanistic reasoning that contradict His instruction.

I spent 15 years witnessing to streetkids and prostitutes and its the bible bashing repent now or be sent to hell that scares them away, and its the judgmental Christians that make the world turn a deaf ear to anything being said by any sort of Christian.

I have no doubt that you believe that, but that is because you hold to a social gospel believing that you're actually the one that is convincing these poor souls. Nothing could be further from the truth. No man, woman or child ever came to Christ because they liked the style of a sermon, or they enjoyed Christian rock, or because they identified with a Pastor that had tattoos, or because they were fed literal bread when they were hungry. None of this is what brings anyone to Christ. And the "proof" of that is that these things happen all the time without salvation occurring. They have nothing whatsoever to do with salvation, it is by the sovereign grace of God that men are saved. All will not obey or listen to the gospel, but "some" will, because they are called and chosen by faith. To them, it becomes effectual.

Romans 10:16-17
  • "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
  • So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Faith doesn't come by ignoring the word, contradicting the word or adulterating the word. It comes by love of God, which is obedience. Selah!

yes again one of my own personal experiences but its an experience that if more Christians had, or knew how these people think of us and why exactly, and therefor we did not do, would help us witness to people and actually get them to hear what we are saying.

That's just it. We cannot get anyone to listen to us and hear what we say. You have a "fundamentally" flawed view of how people are saved. as saith the scriptures, "Who hath believed our report or Witness?" Who will obey the gospel? No One! Unless God opens their eyes, they will remain blind no matter how many Tattoos you place on yourself, or how many loaves of bread you give, or how many children you don't discipline. God chooses, not you. Not me. Not street Preachers, Country Preachers or TV Preachers, but God. He always has, and he always will. Not according to your will, but according to his own will and mercy.

Romans 9:11-16
  • "(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth ; )
  • It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
  • As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
  • What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
  • For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
  • So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

God will judge us with the same fiercness that we have judged others in our lives.

Tasha

Isaiah 30:8-11
  • "Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
  • That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
  • Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
  • Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

Oh, I agree, it is for sure the Lord will judge. But not as you think, but as He always has. Righteous judgment against those called by his name who are unfaithful, disobedient and lawless. Those who look to the world for answers instead of the Bible.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]