[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should We Spank Our Children  (Read 60613 times)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Should We Spank Our Children
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
Melanie,
     There is one thing I don't tolerate from Christians or anyone else, and that is hitting children. That is not being a Christian or caring for your family. Don't try and use the bible to justify abuse of kids. A child should never be struck, period!

I couldn't agree more. If you Tony wants to hit his kids, why doesn't he wait until they are old enough to hit him back. Maybe then they will knock some sense into him.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
 )offtopic(  )rulz( What is this, bash Tony Warren week? Did I miss a memo or something? How about we stay on topic.

aquatic

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
)smileyBounce(  )smileyBounce(  L O. L.   )GoodPopst(

I would not like to live in a world where there is no free will, no divorce, children are beaten, women are second class citizens, no sex, and everything is Predestinated where you have no control. This seems to be Tony Warren's world from what I read, not this world.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world”

The kingdom has nothing to do with Tony's doctrines of supporting liberal government's tyranny, striking innocent children, banning divorce, no free will, banning women from teaching church, unnatural abstinence and replacement theology.

Tony testifies of God’s doctrines and not his own.

Jesus said numerous times that He was not of this world and that He chose a people out of this world. It stands to reason that if He is not of this world and that His kingdom is not of this world, then His laws will be in stark contrast to the laws of this earthly world. And what do you know.... they are. Everything is upside down in this world. What is called good is called evil and evil called good.

God says He hates divorce - the world divorces
God says homosexuality is an abomination - the world loves it
God says women shouldnt teach or rule over men - the world let’s women rule
God says He is sovereign - the world says man is in control

I could go on and on. Everything is backwards...so if you agree with the world you are on the wrong side.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »
 )amen(

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
Tony testifies of God’s doctrines and not his own. Jesus said numerous times that He was not of this world and that He chose a people out of this world. It stands to reason that if He is not of this world and that His kingdom is not of this world, then His laws will be in stark contrast to the laws of this earthly world. And what do you know.... they are. Everything is upside down in this world. What is called good is called evil and evil called good.

That's the truth. I never thought that I would live to see the day when spanking your child could lead to you being imprisoned, but that day is surely approaching, if it's not already here.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2019, 06:44:43 PM »
>>>
Melanie,
     There is one thing I don't tolerate from Christians or anyone else, and that is hitting children.
<<<

So can I "assume" that by this you mean you won't tolerate the word of God that unambiguously declares that hating your children is illustrated in sparing the rod? Or were children different "back in the day?" You surmise that you will show love for your children by not disciplining them physically to drive rebellion from them? So could God's word be incorrect and you have the correct answer that is supported by the modern experts (Romans 3:4)?

Proverbs 13:24
  • "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

To listen to the voices of modern society, God is so wrong on this because He apparently doesn't understand that this physical spanking will traumatize the child and cause him to become violent. So If "God" Only knew that, He wouldn't have instructed us all throughout the Bible to handle this rebellion of children this way? Am I understanding you correctly? Is this man educating God on the social dangers of parents spanking their kids? What a discomfiting and confused concept today's Christians seem to have about obedience. It is truly sad that the world has so degraded and mankind so corrupted the concept of love, that even professing Christians would believe that what God calls hate in that passage, is actually love. And what God calls love in that passage, was actually demonstrating our seated hate in anger issues and abuse of children. It's the tower of Babel, the building of a tower of confusion all over again. Nevertheless, as a God-fearing Christian I understand His words are not popular, but that also neglect of timely chastisement of children is the "REAL" cruelty, the REAL hatred and the REAL deception of the Devil.

>>>
That is not being a Christian or caring for your family.
<<<

According to whom? Your own reasoning, Dr. I-Know-Best or the peanut gallery?

God's very plain and unadulterated word in Proverbs 13:24 declaring that physically chastening your child is "love" and caring for your family and that neglecting to do this demonstrates a real hatred of the child, is an infallible word. As far as true Christians are concerned, it cannot be wrong. But of course, if you have no good use for God's unadulterated words, then the point is moot about receiving or obeying it. Lip service notwithstanding.

>>>
Don't try and use the bible to justify abuse of kids. A child should never be struck, period!
<<<

So God is indeed wrong? The child Psychologist's word against the witness of the word of God in your belief system or hermeneutic, means the Psychologist's word rules? That may be for the carnal, but for the "true" Christian, it's no contest. One is unauthoritative, and the other is supremely authoritative. But as I said before, if one doesn't accept God's word as an absolute and binding rule of law, it's all a moot point. We might as well follow the Spiritualists, worship a cow or be obedient to an Ouija  Board. What our hermeneutic or system of interpretation is, determines our Master? Is it God's authoritative and inerrant word, or is it that society can re-interpret,  re-phrase, re-visit or completely deny what God unambiguously teaches? This is especially a germane question to those who "claim" to take what God says literally.

...except apparently, when it's an inconvenient truth that is against their own will to do so. But my God calls that hypocrisy.

Proverbs 23:12-14
  • "Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
  • Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
  • Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

Mankind retorts against God, "No that's abusive and the reason the child won't do what's right." Man's word of don't strike your child versus God's word of, don't withhold this physical correction from your child? God says because if you beat him with the rod, he shall not die and you shall in that process deliver his soul from hell. So there we have a clear choice here of obedience to God's will versus doing and believing what is our own will. Believe God or believe the world's people whom God calls obstinate and desperately wicked and rebellious. Believe the voice inside man's own head, or believe God's infallible and unadulterated word.

Romans 3:4
  • "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

The fact is, a tree is known by its fruits. We are known by our fruits or works, not our profession of faith. Our obedience is not the reason that we are saved, but it is an evidence of a changed will and heart. Without fruit the tree is obviously fruitless, and then what good is it?

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »
 )iagree( All of God's faithful Children said Amen and Amen
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2019, 01:17:56 PM »
To listen to the voices of modern society, God is so wrong on this because He apparently doesn't understand that this physical spanking will traumatize the child and cause him to become violent. So If "God" Only knew that, He wouldn't have instructed us all throughout the Bible to handle this rebellion of children this way? Am I understanding you correctly?

I'll tell you the same thing I told Melanie. If you hit your kids in my presence, I will call the police on you. Because the one thing I don't tolerate from Christians or anyone else, and that is striking children.   
 Don't try and use the bible to justify abuse of kids.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
I'll tell you the same thing I told Melanie. If you hit your kids in my presence, I will call the police on you. Because the one thing I don't tolerate from Christians or anyone else, and that is striking children.   
 Don't try and use the bible to justify abuse of kids.
Betty a wise parent would never discipline their children in public where anyone can pick up on it and when they do so in private, most likely they would NEVER have to do so in public. There're ways a godly and loving parent can use discipline in public that you would never notice them doing so~but we will keep our godly secrets private as we see the children of the world abuse their parents in both private and in public.

Disciple God's way works and is the only means of having God-fearing children for the next generation coming.

Example: One of my grandsons were at Wal Mart with his grandmother  and were going through the check out line and he saw a toy that he wanted and asked for it and my wife said no, and he threw a hissy fit, so my wife just left everything and came home and told me what had happened. Well, we had a little meeting between grandfather and grandson and I'll leave it there. I told my wife take him back there tomorrow through the same check out line and see if he has a changed of heart. So they went and came to the same line and he looked at the same toy and asked his grandmother again in a soft voice could he have the toy and she said no, and he whispered back and said OKAY.

I'll take my instructions from the word of the Living God whose wisdom is perfect concerning all things.
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »

Quote from: Betty
If you hit your kids in my presence, I will call the police on you. Because the one thing I don't tolerate from Christians or anyone else, and that is striking children.   Don't try and use the bible to justify abuse of kids.

That statement of yours does show that you do not really want to receive or obey God's Word concerning your children. You prefer to go by some secular psychologists, and progressive social propaganda on love and tolerate, not only in the world but also the CHURCH.  No wondering the church is in a mess as it is.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
 )iagree( Welcome Back Erik.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »
God affords no greater two obligations than to love Him, and love the privilege of raising and correcting your child. We should never withhold discipline in fear of unbelievers, social services or people like Betty.

We have our responsibility to the Lord to do what is his will, right up until death. facing reviling by unbelievers is part of being a believer, not something we should fear.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]