[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Charismaticism or Pentecostalism A False Gospel?  (Read 31828 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Is Charismaticism or Pentecostalism A False Gospel?
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2020, 03:48:11 PM »
Quote from: Apostolic
Oh we don't?

Sadly, that's right. People like you don't.

Then why not enlighten us lowly ignorant folk on what the elitist hierarchy of the church thinks it points to?

Frankly, we already have - for years.  We gave you the article links. We have refuted your doctrines many times here where you have failed to come back and defend yourself.  Here is the information AGAIN:

Understanding the Signs that follow Believers!

Is Speaking in Tongues Biblical and Still Valid for Today?

Here is our refutation on your AND BETTY's position start here right on this thread

And you still feel that you are not enlightened? Well... spiritual blindness?

Because in my book, speaking in tongues means speaking in tongues, and healing the sick means healing the sick.

That is what the unenlightened people thinks. They are reading it superfacially and literally.

What book are you reading from?

Haven't you read our posts here. Didn't we quoted you chapter and verses of the book we used? Do you know what book we read from? Do you even recognize it? 

And from what book store did you get this great unknown understanding of yours?

Don't be ridiculous!  We do not get our understanding from a bookstore but the Word of God itself!

By all means, enlighten us poor folk.

In case you did not noticed, we have testified to you! It is not up to us to enlighten you, but the Lord's!

Betty, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who knows what love is and who accepts that there are different opinions that should all be respected.

You do not even know what Biblical definiation of love is to begin with anyway. 

I believe the Word of God should be respected.  Yes we all have different opinions about something in the Bible but more importantly, we all must respect the Scriptures also. And we show that respect by not handling it deceitfully! If you want to prove your position, you need to examine it with your Scripture first, then show us!  Else, you do NOT have the love of the Truth. I will not respect your "opinions" if it does not stand the test of Truth with Scripture.  We quoted you Scripture and you get offendedly because...

Galatians 4:16
  • "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Nikki

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »
You are very correct Erik, and thanks for posting those links for her again. Maybe she will realize there have been many answers to her questions. It's amazing how so many people are so blinded by their beliefs they cannot even recognize when someone is telling the truth. In politics, in relationships, and mostly in the church. The truth just seems to go right over their heads.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2020, 03:27:22 AM »

When will they ever learn.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »

Learn what? That some Christians are cruel and judgmental? First of all, you shouldn't even be asking the question if Charismatics or Pentecostalism is a false gospel? That in itself is inappropriate. Second of all NIKKI, the links are biased and divisive to Christianity, not uplifting and encouraging to Christian ecumenism.  Moreover, to attempt to quench the spirit and call it  a good thing is to blasphemy the holy spirit. Disgraceful behavior I've come to expect from Reformed Christians.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2020, 09:52:01 PM »

Quench the spirit? What does that even mean? You never really say anything substantive, you just reply making a lot of empty charges.

Like Trump. 

This seems to be a strategy of all who have no legitimate answers? Am I wrong?

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »
Quote from: Apostolic
Oh we don't?

Sadly, that's right. People like you don't.

Then why not enlighten us lowly ignorant folk on what the elitist hierarchy of the church thinks it points to?

So judgmental and nasty. Whatever.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
>>>
 Betty, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who knows what love is and who accepts that there are different opinions that should all be respected.
<<<

Different opinions on what style shoes to wear to work can be respected, but different opinions on what constitutes the gospel message and teachings of Christ should not be respected. Judaizers are of the opinion that Jesus wasn't the Messiah, Catholics are of the opinion that a man can rule infallibly in the church for Christ, Dispensationalists are of the opinion that Satan wasn't bound at the cross and Christ is coming to save the Jews that he apparently overlooked the last 2000 years. Which of these opinions do you think should be respected by God-fearing Christians? Many professing Christians would say "all," but I would say none. They are all false teachings, false doctrines, or gospel other than the one Christ taught. It's "not" the gospel, it's not good news if it is false news. I would not encourage any Christian to respect teachings that they "know" are false. That is a contradiction to the salvation of Christ.

Matthew 21:42-43
  • "Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
  • Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

Did Christ in any way teach or imply that they were entitled to their own personal opinions about the kingdom or bout the spiritual deliverance of Prophecy? No, He said that because they rejected His teachings concerning the prophecy of the messiah and His Kingdom, therefore they would no longer be afforded the privilege of representing it. He "warned" to beware the leaven (doctrines) of these men who ruled God's house "because" despite what many ministers imply today, doctrines matter. The truth matters. Opinions are worthless against the solid rock of the word of God. And hard as it may be for some professing Christians to understand, "rejecting" the truth also matters. It's not validated that you have your version and opinion of what is the truth, and I have my version or opinion of what is the truth, and Minister Mcbabble has his own version and opinion of what is the truth. The truth is not diverse, it is singularly homogeneous, unvaried, consistent, and absolute. It is only in man's mind that the truth can be divided into many versions where all those holding them are in some imagined place of abstract unity where truth and error can and should dwell peaceably in that same house. the foolish always think they are right, but the wise place their faith in God's word, not in the visual. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe. Your comment was that it was good to know someone loved like you. But the truth is, it's good to know that there are a few faithful Christians who actually know what love is, and who accepts that God's laws and doctrines are not subject to subjective reasonings or judgments, personal opinions, private interpretations or individual concepts of vain gifts. What's right is not how each individual sees it, but what is written in the word of God. Indeed, it has always been that:

Proverbs 12:15
  • "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."
Proverbs 21:2
  • "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts."

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »
>>>
>>>
Learn what?
<<<

Learn that God's ways are not man's ways. I learn from the adversity or difficulties of opposing opinions by comparing them with God's statutes. I don't strike out at the truth "as" the bane of the adversary, but my distaste for it. We have to open our minds to receive the truth as the solution for our adversity. To be sure there are those who do not desire to learn from God's law, which is often what is causing such animosity and stress when they hear the faithful testimony to it. My philosophy is, if it is God's word that I am goaded into considering, then I'm grateful for discomposure that I might feel because of it.

Psalms 119:71
  • "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."

The Psalmist understood. Because affliction or distress of any kind acts as an honorable discipline in leading the Spirit-filled Christian to recognize and value the truth and promises of God much more appreciatively.

>>>
That some Christians are cruel and judgmental?
<<<

Is this what you've learned from the Scriptures you've been given? ...that faithful testimony to the gospel truth is a product of cruel and judgmental Christians?  It's sad that you may have learned that, but that doesn't mean it is the truth. We live, we learn, but not always what is needful.

2nd Timothy 3:7
  • "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

You may have learned many things but the perfect knowledge is from the words of Him that is perfect. Not from ministers, pastors, or televangelist hucksters. The only safeguard against false doctrine and the strong delusions of sensual ideologies is the "humble" study of the Scriptures with a heart to actually receive what they say. Anyone can study the Scriptures, but it takes the Holy Spirit to have one actually surrender to their absolute authority of it. i.e., cruel and judgmental are not attributes of the agape love that Christians have in preaching the truthful doctrines of Christ.

>>>
First of all, you shouldn't even be asking the question if Charismatics or Pentecostalism is a false gospel?  That in itself is inappropriate.
<<<

Comparing the witness of Charismatics and Pentecostals to see if their words agree with the words of the Bible is very appropriate. If that type Christian examination was good enough for the more noble/honest Bereans, then it's good enough for me.

Acts 17:11-12
  • "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
  • Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few."

Inappropriate would be for a God-fearing Christian "not" to ask the question of "if the Charismatic Movement or if Pentecostalism was false." Would you by any stretch of the imagination think that such a question is not important for the church to know? On the contrary, every movement, every group, every association or faction purporting to represent Christ "should be thoroughly tested" to see if it is of truly of Christ. ....as the Bereans did.

1st John 4:1
  • "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

God's word instructs us plainly to try or "test" so that we know the difference between false prophets and true prophets. Would you suggest that we ignore God's instructions? There is only one way to effectively prove the spirits, and that is to question their words by comparing them with the infallible, authoritative words of God so that we might see if they are in agreement.

>>>
Second of all NIKKI, the links are biased and divisive to Christianity, not uplifting and encouraging to Christian ecumenism.
<<<

Perhaps. But sometimes biased or partiality to the truth is a good thing. Our only consideration of it should be if it is the truth or is it a lie. If it is the truth, then it is not divisive to Christianity, rather it separates Christianity from the false religions that may pose as Christianity. You may think this divisive but it's actually just the opposite. Those links are unifying to faithful Christians, they are uplifting to those who cherish God's laws, and they are encouraging to Christian fidelity, dedication, and dependability. We're not interested in the way of vanity in promoting worldly inclusions, it is to His unchanging word that we are devoted--not any interest in giving false doctrines equal time or space to promulgate in some warped sense of objectivity.

Psalms 119:37-38
  • "Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
  • Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear."

As for Ecumenism, i is not and never has been God's will for worldwide religious unity. It's His will that "His" church remains different and faithful, not that they join with other doctrines, faiths, and religions. The Holy Spirit's call to "the churches" for unity will always be present with us, but it is not a call to join with other religions, other doctrines, or other beliefs that are set-apart and diverse from the Kingdom of Christ. The Spirit calls us to judgment, separation, and responsibility. Not to include the world's religions as a part of "His covenanted church."

>>>
Moreover, to attempt to quench the spirit and call it a good thing is to blasphemy the holy spirit.
<<<

Revelation 2:9
  • "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

The true quenching of the spirit blasphemy is of those who claim to be the children of the living God and are not. It is of children who are disobedient, not born of God, but of the Devil. Those who are not the Israel of God, but who live of the flesh rather than the spirit.

Romans 9:6-8
  • "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
  • Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
  • That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

In a phrase, "False Christians" who cannot recognize the truth because they are not of the Spirit of truth, and thus seek to quench that Spirit of truth. God says "He" knows their blasphemy. Of course, they may not, but He assuredly does.

>>>
Disgraceful behavior I've come to expect from Reformed Christians.
<<<

I don't know what to expect from Reformed Christians, but I know what I expect from Biblical Christians. I expect them to be true children of God who receive God's truth because they have the Spirit of truth in them. Those who don't are not the children of God, but the offspring of the Devil. They cannot hear God's truth and they cannot understand God's word. Not because we say so or because we are better, but because God has not given them to hear, nor to understand. Thus we can only witness and God ill (or not) give the increase.

John 8:43-45
  • "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
  • Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
  • And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

The one who's children we are determines if we can understand what God says, and if we Spiritually hear His word.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2020, 04:44:22 PM »

>>>
 &TY  Betty, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who knows what love is...
<<<

Love is the agape/charity you give wanting nothing in return. It's the love of God in the first works, which sadly has grown cold in our day. It's having the earnest desire for your neighbor the same thing that God has graciously given you. It's the labor that God has given His servants to do "Till He Come." And it's not what is being done by the church. In a word, it's obedience, or the guarding against loss of God's instruction to His people. Go to the nations of the earth and make disciples of men. So with the gift of speaking in heretofore (before Israel was extended to the gentiles) unknown tongues/languages so that the kingdom of God be extended to the ends of the earth. You want to speak in unknown tongues, take the gospel to other nations rather than babble pretending it is miraculous personal God manifestations. In keeping God's word faithfully, the revelation of the love of God is made manifest.  Love is the "selfless inclination" that is so lacking in the church today, the "free" gift that you give in your earnest desire to do the will of God. That's why God commands that "if you love Him, keep His commandments." This because God is the personification of benevolent love. Love is "not" the desire that anyone be comfortable in this world, but that they be reserved by the Holy Spirit to enter the world to come.

Matthew 22:38-0
  • "This is the first and great commandment.
  • And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
  • On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Christian love is not defined as passion, infatuation, sympathy, sentiment, or admiration, nor is it conditional on its acceptance. So simply because we tell you the "unpalatable" truth does not mean that we hate, it means that we love in God's concept of love. A love that has waxed cold in the church replaced by intellectual and sentimental feelings.

>>>
... and who accepts that there are different opinions that should all be respected.
<<<

Personal opinions are our own thoughts about some things, while Christian doctrine is God's thoughts about things. He calls these His laws. And the one great truth we know is that God's thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are our ways His ways (Isaiah 55:80) and that is "precisely why" He has given us His wholely inspired word to be the arbiter of what are our thoughts versus His. It's time the church realized that "different opinions" on doctrines necessarily means that someone (everyone but possibly one) is wrong and they are saying things about the Kingdom of Christ that are not true. Only one doctrine can be the truth, and all the rest are erroneous. i.e., God's salvation cannot be by both man's free will and God's Sovereign good will. Thus it is incumbent upon faithful Christians to search it out (Proverbs 25:2) and come to the actual truth of the matter rather than casually give the "ridiculous" rejoinder that all opinions should be respected. Every opinion should not be respected, else we have chaos of doctrine and diversity of beliefs or faith in the church. Belief or faith doesn't come by respecting all opinions, it comes from hearing, and hearing from the word of God. Professing Christians have to stop this "we'll understand by and by" and start searching/styudying the scriptures to see if these things preached are true or not. God "gave" us the more noble/honorable Bereans as our example:

Acts 17:11-12
  • "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
  • Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few."

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We don't accept that there are different opinions on the kingdom that should all be respected, we search the scriptures to see if what is being said is true--and more importantly, that what is being said is "not" true. Therefore, we don't follow false doctrines and parrot lines and catchphrases like, "we'll understand it better by and by." Not that this is an untrue statement, but that it is too often the lazy man's answer to everything that gets in the way of his worldly endeavors.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2020, 06:56:56 PM »
>>>
I don't think they truly understand the purpose of signs to even know what speaking in tongues or healing the physically sick pointed to.

Oh we don't?
<<<

No, I really don't think so. They weren't to show God gives His prophets power to do them, rather to "represent" and highlight some aspect of the deeper Spiritual truth concerning God's magnificent salvation program.

>>>
<<<

Which sign? Lots of signs are tokens of lots of things relating to God's magnificent salvation program. Feeding the hungry, healing the insane man, raising the dead, turning water to wine, which sign?

>>>
Because in my book, speaking in tongues means speaking in tongues,
<<<

Yes, "speaking in languages" means speaking in languages. What languages do you speak? I assume that you are aware that tongues simply "means" languages, don't you. It's not some unknown word or phrase that dropped out of the sky meaning miraculous speech. Tongues is the word of the ancients for languages. For example:

Genesis 10:20
  • "These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations."
Isaiah 66:18
  • "For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory."
Mark 16:17
  • "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"
Acs 2:4
  • "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

I post all this because unfortunately there are a great many professing Christians who don't appear to know that "tongues" simply means languages. i.e., to speak in other tongues is simply saying they began to speak in other languages. And those who didn't "KNOW" that language thought that they were drunk and thus babbling incoherently. Yes, some religions have presumed to re-interpret acts as a miraculous babbling language from God, but that whole thing is a product of a lack of education, misunderstanding, chicanery, a vivid imagination, or of sloppy exegesis. There are no miraculous babbling tongues today and anyone who pretends he is receiving them I have no problem saying that they are charlatans. Because in my book, speaking in other languages means speaking in other languages. i.e., languages that were unknown to the people who were there "except" those who were from the country where that language was spoken. That was the sign God gave. Not someone babbling incoherently and pretending they were hearing a new divine godly language. That miraculous sign of believers speaking where people heard them in the languages of the country they were born in bears no resemblance to the nonsense that passes for Christians speaking in tongues that no one know about but the interpreter today. And for good reason--it is NONSENSE!

>>>
...and healing the sick means healing the sick.
<<<

It surely does, but what sick? Can you physically cast out Satan from a mass murderer? How do you know, what does he look like? Can you go to the hospital and physically heal a dying cancer patient or someone stricken with fatal radiation burns, or someone that was bitten by the most deadly snake alive? No, so don't flatter yourself with vain confessions of such powers. The "fact" is, the most important need of mankind is the spiritual healing of sin. Without this, all other healing is futile and worth nothing. i.e., what good is it if you heal a person physically and yet he dies in his sin? What good is it if he indeed gains the whole world and loses his soul? The answer to Christ's pointed question is, it is vain and no good at all. Likewise, the only one who can bring the healing that will take away his sin is Christ. He is the only Physician that can bring the healing that every soul "desperately" needs. Christ sent us to heal, not physically, but spiritually through balm of the gospel message. By the Spirit of God, the testimony of Christ is the healing that we are sent to bring healing to the nations. Because it is with his stripes that we are healed, and our testimony "to this fact" is the love of our neighbor in which we were sent.

Matthew 9:12-13
  • "But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
  • But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Have you gone and learned what that means? It means Christ wasn't talking about a physician healing, but a spiritual healing, and sin was the sickness that needed to be healed. That's what it means. It illustrated that if you are righteous you are without sin, and thus you don't need to be healed. Only sinners need to be healed. And in that department, Christ is the great physician. So yes, you are correct that "healing the sick means healing the sick."  And the sick Christ sent "us" to heal are sinners, and the balm of that healing the testimony of the gospel through the Holy Spirit. But as Christ said, go ye and learn what that means and He will have mercy. Selah.

>>>
What book are you reading from?
<<<

The good book. The one with secrets that God reveals to whom He will, and that He hides from the eyes of those He would not have to know. The book of the sovereign God.

Daniel 2:47
  • "The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret."

God kept the secret that His salvation was going also to the Gentiles from the Jews for thousands of years. Would you think He couldn't seal a book from the obstinant and prideful Gentiles who think themselves better? To one person the word is a Rock that will grind him to powder, and to another that same word is the building material for His safe dwelling. The Bible is many things to many people, and sadly it is a house of sand that will come crashing down upon those who build carelessly and profess their work on its behalf. We seek a house of Solid Rock, whose builder and maker is God. Others seek a house they choose to build themselves, and set to their own dimensions and their own qualifications. Only one will stand in that great day.  It will be of those who are reading from the Bible alone, and whose authority is the word alone, and whose understanding is spirit and truth rather than flesh and will.

>>>
And from what book store did you get this great unknown understanding of yours?
<<<

We received this book not from a store, and we bought it without money. It was a gift from God.

1st Corinthians 14:1
  • "Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."

The gifts of God are spiritual gifts. We get our understanding of the great storehouse of God. It's filled with the bread from heaven and this bread of knowledge costs us nothing. But it cost Christ everything which He gave willingly that we might understand the mysteries of God. Come, buy bread and water from Him and you will find it better to live by that than the carnal visions of grandeur that is imagined in speaking in babbling tongues, or receiving earthly powers of physically healing someone. The greatest power we have is the power of witness, the power of the testimony of Christ.

Isaiah 55:1-4
  • "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
  • Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
  • Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
  • Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people."

What greater power on earth could we hope for than to be Christ-like in bearing testimony to His gracious words of healing the nations by witnessing to all languages, or in the word of the ancients, in tongues.

Acts 2:8
  • "And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?"

How indeed, since their tongues (languages) were "Unkown" to those who were speaking to them. THAT was the great miracle of Pentecost, the servants of God speaking in a language that was unknown to them, not the babbling foolery that passes for speaking in languages today. That miracle was a sign "representing" the reality that the gospel would go out to all tongues and to every nation and kindred. The gospel was no longer "primarily" only for the Jews. Satan could deceive the nations/Gentiles no longer because of this. At least not until the time of the end. The great mystery has been revealed to the Lord's servants. All tongues would receive the gospel of Israel.

>>>
By all means, enlighten us poor folk.
<<<

Luke 4:18-19
  • "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
  • To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

As Christ goes, so go His servants. We are thus sent to preach the gospel to the poor--the poor or humble in spirit who God has given "blessed" ears to hear it. Not poor as in having no money, this type poverty has nothing to do with it. The poor of spirit, meaning the humble. "THIS" is understanding. We are sent to heal the brokenhearted-that is to say, those who are broken in spirit to recognize their sins. We are sent to console these who are pierced and deeply afflicted, that they understand their 'true" healing is in Christ. We are sent to preach deliverance to the captives--that is to say, those who are held captive to sin by the adversary. This has nothing to do with physical captivity, but of those who are spiritually held as slaves by the Devil. We are sent that the blind might recover their sight--not by laying on of our physical hands, but by the enlightening power of the gospel, through the Holy Spirit that empowers it. We are sent to set at liberty those that are bruised or beaten, not those bruised in prison houses, but those who are bruised as slaves in the spiritual house of bondage by Satan. We are sent to preach that "now" is the acceptable year of the Lord. ...sent to speak to them in every tongue or language. What was unknown before the New Testament dispensation is now interpreted that the gospel of Israel go to every language.

You say "by all means enlighten us poor folk," I say God is enlightening poor folk, by all means.

Revelation 14:6
  • "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,"

Every Tongue (language), and nation and people. The gospel is to be preached to unknown tongues with an interpreter. i.e., someone who "knows" how to understand that tongue. Someone who possesses the gift of interpretation.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
Thank you for all you do Tony. Very enlightening posts brother.

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2020, 12:06:27 PM »
 Enlightening isn't the word I'd use, it was more like frightening that someone could be so against other Christians that they would openly attack their beliefs. Charismatics and Pentecostals are not a false gospel they are just like the rest of you. I am grateful that the rest of you or at least most of you do not feel the same way. For that I thank you.

Mark

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2020, 06:17:35 PM »
Enlightening isn't the word I'd use, it was more like frightening that someone could be so against other Christians that they would openly attack their beliefs. Charismatics and Pentecostals are not a false gospel they are just like the rest of you. I am grateful that the rest of you or at least most of you do not feel the same way. For that I thank you.
I know this may be hard thing for you to take, however just saying I am Christian doesnít make one so(lip service/professing), itís by their fruit we will know them. Do we keep Godís commandments or do we fight against it looking ways around it? Do we have itching ears following the lust of worldly doctrines in the church or do we hear His voice?

1 John 2:3 (KJV)
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

How can we say with an honest conscience we are following the Lamb wherever he may go if we add to his Word, feign miracles and supernatural healings by the Spirit of God? Does God say in vain to that rebellious house in his Word?

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
(1 Timothy 4:1,2)

Why canít Godís word be enough, why canít his power to save his elect be enough of the power of the gospel, why canít healing of sin be more than enough than just physical healings of infirmities/weaknesses. As it is written my grace is sufficient for thee, my strength is made perfect in weakness.
ďEvery word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.Ē
Proverbs 30:5,6

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]