[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is There A Time When No Churches Are Scriptural  (Read 2261 times)

capitolgangster

Is There A Time When No Churches Are Scriptural
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:52:47 AM »
my point in this thread ultimately was about "fleeing to the mountains" and when we see the abomination of desolation what are we to do.

Thank you so much Tony for clarifying the destruction of the temple issue though, how does that correspond with fleeing to the mountains and the verses
here.
2Th 2:3  let not any one deceive you in any manner, because--if the falling away may not come first, and the man of sin be revealed--the son of the destruction,
2Th 2:4  who is opposing and is raising himself up above all called God or worshipped, so that he in the sanctuary of God as God hath sat down, shewing himself off that he is God-- the day doth not come .
2Th 2:5  Do ye not remember that, being yet with you, these things I said to you?
2Th 2:6  and now, what is keeping down ye have known, for his being revealed in his own time,
2Th 2:7  for the secret of the lawlessness doth already work, only he who is keeping down now will hinder --till he may be out of the way,

I more or less wanted to know if anyone thought there would be a period of time where no churches were scriptural....

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Is There A Time When No Churches Are Scriptural
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
What bible translation do you use?

It is hard to read verses you were posting.

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dwimble

• Obviously I'm a Novice
    • Mike & Louanne's Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »
What bible translation do you use?

It is hard to read verses you were posting.

You can say that again! Looks like he's using Young's Literal Translation. Hardly an ideal choice, in my opinion. I'd only use YLT in a very specific situation, mainly for researching a topic...and even then only for the research, not for quoting to someone. When you do a literal word for word translation without regard to the differences in the grammar and sentence structure of the language into which you are translating it, you just end up creating confusion. No disrespect to the VERY late Mr. Robert Young (d.1888) intended.

Mike (a.k.a Dwimble)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:21:27 AM »
You can download KJV verse to be added to your e-sword without strong's
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
Study on Two Witnesses:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology/rev11.html

Study on 70th week of Daniel and how Corporate church will fall

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology/dan9.html

Ask us if you have anymore questions

Have a good weekend,
Erik

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »
my point in this thread ultimately was about "fleeing to the mountains" and when we see the abomination of desolation what are we to do.

Thank you so much Tony for clarifying the destruction of the temple issue though, how does that correspond with fleeing to the mountains and the verses

I more or less wanted to know if anyone thought there would be a period of time where no churches were scriptural....

I would say that from scripture there is a time when no churches are scriptural, and we are fast approaching that time. Or are already there. I can't say that for sure, I can only say that in my area there are no scriptural churches left.

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: ) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Matthew 24:15-16"

"For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Revelation 18:3-4"

I believe that this is the time when no churches are scriptural.

Dwight

• That we keep his commandments 1 John 5:3
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »

What about the OPC?

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 04:57:33 AM »
I believe that this is the time when no churches are scriptural.

Where is the proof?

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 06:03:20 AM »
 )Goodpoint(

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 05:46:18 AM »
 )iagree(  Which since no proof has been forthcoming, means that there is no proof. If there is no roof, you cannot believe what has been said. Even Warren holds to that belief. Without biblical proof, it is simply proof by assertion.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »
I surmise no one has answered because it's quite tedious to go over the same things again and again and again. Anyway, if you are really interested in biblical justifications of this, I suggest that you read the thread here:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=491.0

Try reading all of it with an open mind, since it is "VERY" enlightening. That is, to those who dearly love the Lord.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
I surmise no one has answered because it's quite tedious to go over the same things again and again and again. Anyway, if you are really interested in biblical justifications of this, I suggest that you read the thread here:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=491.0

)amen( Melanie, There are many other threads that also address the issue.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]