[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Apologetics of This Website  (Read 14344 times)

midas

Re: The Apologetics of This Website
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »
Hates who? The sinner or the sin? According to the apologetics of this site, does he hate me? Does he hate erik's friend? Does he hate all Pentecostals? Answer!!!

If that isnít a description of pure hatred, I donít know what is

Leviticus 26:28-39  28Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you. And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours. And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste. Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths. As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it. And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth. And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies. And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

God did all these things to his people when they rebelled against him, So can he hate the Pentecostals if they are spreading false teachings? Can God hate those who oppose them even if these people think they are doing right? Well lets look and see

Jesus/God Hated the Scribes and Pharisees And the Scribles and Pharisees thought they were doing things God's way and thought they loved God and that God loved them - but lets see what God says - not me

Matthew 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead [men]'s bones and all uncleanness. 28 "Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 "and say, `If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' [guilt]. 33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: [some] of them you will kill and crucify, and [some] of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation

Is it possible that God feels the same way toward the Pentecostals, Mormons, and other false teachers??? Or are these words of God above about love, its OK you can't help you don't understand the truth yet ...

These two passages are Gods words, thoughts, feelings and action taken - and it is pretty clear and wicked ...

Now I couldn't say if God personally loves or hates you or anyone else however if you are a false teacher (Pentecostals, Mormon, Catholic, etc) I would be somewhat concerned about how God might feel about me - Again, look at the passage above. Look at what God said to the  Scribes and Pharisees. These were people who thought they were right - right with God - Thought theu were teaching the word of God, and look what God said to them ...

False Teachers say, "God Hates the Sin but Loves the Sinner". Someone may say that however I don't see it in the 2 passages above

Raybob

• I'm a Lamma
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 10:33:25 PM »
Hates who? The sinner or the sin? According to the apologetics of this site, does he hate me? Does he hate erik's friend? Does he hate all Pentecostals? Answer!!!

Good question.  Did God hate the people He destroyed with the flood or did He just hate what they did?  Did God hate the people He destroyed at Sodom and Gomorrah or did He just hate what they did?

Raybob

Chris

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
Pentecostalism preaches love, not that God will beat you if you are bad. I've never been beaten.

I know you think God is a loving God but did you ever stop to count the many times in the bible where it clearly shows He hates? 

Apostolic,

The apologetics of this web site are the apologetics of truth. Something that is in small supply these days. Yes, there is a core group of people who frequent this site who love the Lord's truth. And a great horde of people who have disdain and try to obliterate the truth by smear tactics and gossip. So does the Lord favor the false witness or the faithful one?

But let's see just who the Lord hates. And let's see it from the word of the Lord. Unadulterated instead of filtered through worldly church doctrines. Does the Lord hate anyone?

Proverbs 6:16-19
 "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren".

So the Bible, not anyone on this site, says plainly, God hates both a false witness and he that sows discord. Is your witness false? Are you trying to sow discord and plant disharmony. What say ye. True or false? Do you accept God's truth about hating these people or do you stick with your own version of truth? God's word or mans.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
>>>
However some churches are growing. Liberal churches.
<<<

That's the difference between this website, and your idea of churches growing in love. You look upon that growth as a good thing, when truly it is the prophesied departing from the faith, prior to the return of the Lord. I look at it as a spreading cancer, not as true spiritual growth! True, cancer grows, but it does so by eating away at the very fabric that keeps the body alive. Selah!

Tony,
Now really. What would you know about it? I have heard about your church bashing before. You are the one who causes the church so much trouble and disunity with your negative energy. Why can't you just let the church be what it is and stop making all these harsh judgements.

1 Corinthians 9:22
To the feeble, I was as one who is feeble, so that they might have salvation: I have been all things to all men, so that some at least might have salvation.

Why are you causing the church so much trouble simply because of differences? Didn't Paul say I am all things to all people? Stop the disunity and leave those who don't think like you alone. So that some might at least have salvation. If Paul thought he could save some in Pentecostalism, he would become a Pentecostal. Something for you to learn from.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »
An Arminian false salvation combined with emotional vanity and lying wonders is a sure recipe to grow a church, but it will be a false gospel church, a church in which Satan rules, not God.

So you are saying if a Church grows, it's a Church of Satan? Just Because Pentecostalism is growing, it's a sign of falsehood? That's ridiculous. And you say we're not thinking correctly? It's you! The Churches grew after Pentecost, does that make them false too? Boy-O-boy!

You say miracles are needed so people will believe. God says otherwise!

Where? You say it, now prove it. If you can't, then it's not true.

In fact, the kind of 'believing' you are speaking of is the wild-eyed emotional hysteria that has nothing to do with true Christianity.

Those are your words. I see no wild eyed hysterea. That's a product of your vivid imagination.

Acts 2:1-4
 And when the day of Pentecost was come, they were all together in one place.

And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like the rushing of a violent wind, and all the house where they were was full of it.

And they saw tongues, like flames of fire, coming to rest on every one of them.

And they were all full of the Holy Spirit, and were talking in different languages, as the Spirit gave them power.

Now deal with the scriptures, and not your imagination. If you can.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »
Apostolic, Yabo and Betty,
  If you hate the Apologetics of this website so much as you obviously do, why have you been here so long?  ;)P

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
  If you hate the Apologetics of this website so much as you obviously do, why have you been here so long?  ;)P

Good point. People who don't like a place generally will not frequent it for years. What gives?

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 03:56:03 AM »

It's very simple melanie, I try to educate the people on the error of their ways in hope that they might stop blaspheming the holy spirit and accept that god still does miracles. Because when you deny the word of god, and put him in a box, you are very close to disaster.

"But though he had done so many miracles before them, they believed not on him," Jo 12:37

hey denied the miracles, and so do most of you. But you have to be told the error of your ways.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 01:19:15 AM »

It's very simple melanie, I try to educate the people on the error of their ways in hope that they might stop blaspheming the holy spirit and accept that god still does miracles.

God still does the miracle of salvation, but not the kind of miracles you attribute to him of speaking in tongues, healing people with short legs and allowing you to pick up deadly serpents and not get bitten and hurt. Does the sign of you drinking something deadly and not being hurt follow you? I don't think so.

"But though he had done so many miracles before them, they believed not on him," Jo 12:37

hey denied the miracles, and so do most of you. But you have to be told the error of your ways.

We don't deny his miracles, we deny your miracles. If you could go to a hospital and heal a terminally ill patent there, you'd be on the TV every night of the week. But you can't do that, can you? You can only bear false witness that it's been done, without any evidence of it. When the disciples spoke in tongues at Pentecost, everyone understood them in their own language. They weren't babbling incoherently in need of a divine God language interpreter as people are doing today.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. I John 4:1"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]