[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Homosexual Marriage Next  (Read 11504 times)

jd@

Re: Is Homosexual Marriage Next
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 08:04:59 PM »
I know that there are many definitions of Christian out there, but it's getting to be ridiculous. Christians do not defend homosexuality. Christians do not tell others to respect homosexuality. Christians do not speak out in support of decriminalizing homosexualirty. And Christians do not do their best to make homosexuality acceptable as just another sin like christians who sin

I've looked back over my posts in this thread (and there have been but two) to find a basis for your suggestions that I have been saying these things, but have found none.

I can't remember defending homosexuality.  I don't think I told others to respect homosexuality.  And for the life of me I can't see how I spoke out in the decriminalisation of homosexuality. 

I may be guily (in part) of your last accusation.  I pointed out that other things are called abominations (such as using false weights and measures), but I most certainly did not imply that any sin is acceptable.  I do not believe that all sins are equal, but I do believe that all sins are deserving of hell-fire.

In mentioning the image of God, I was implying that there is at least some measure of respect we give to all human beings, because they were created in God's image.  This is somewhat similar, I suppose, to the respect that we show to the inanimate creation.  I certainly was not, (as you so strangely assume) saying we should respect homosexuals because of their homosexuality.  But maybe I'm drifting into that damnable heresy of saying we should hate the sin and love the sinner.   :-X

Yes, your idea of who is a Christian is obviously quite different from those of us who hold fast to the biblical laws.

OK, just to make sure we're on the same page here... I wasn't going to do this but Oneil - can you tell me what a Christian is??

those of us who hold fast to the biblical laws.

Gee, I thought I did hold fast to biblical laws.  But you'll probably say that I've just broken the 3rd commandment.

Sue Landow

• Gold Member
  • Distributing to the saints & given to Hospitality.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2003, 11:56:45 AM »
Yes, homosexuality is wrong. But those who practise it need to repent and then be accepted by churches, not ostracised by them.

Eowyn and jd@

You're taking a false scenario and using it to defend homosexuals while claiming you're not. Are you just making this stuff up to comfort homosexuals? I don't see any other reason for your replies. I don't know of any Church which is ostracizing homosexuals "if they've repented" as you've implied. And I don't think you do either. You just use that as a pretense to justify your post. As somreone else said, you're just caught up in this politically correct society and their need to show sympathy for these people who commit this abominable act. Because why else would you say this when it's not even true?

No one said we should go out and hurt homosexuals, every post here was speaking out against the new laws and the misguided idea that these people deserve respect. So what are you protesting that we've said? I don't know a Church that won't accept homosexuals if they repent of their former sins. This type response is nonsense and you know it. But you're making it like we're all going out of our way to ostracize homosexuals who have repented. You know that's not true. And furthermore, no one even remotely implied that. You can look over the posts as I have read them several times.

So what are you defending? What are you protesting against in these posts by these good Christians condemning the new laws permitting sodomy, and the acceptance and respect of these people's lifestyles by the Church?
"And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened". Luke 13:20-21

Deuce Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 03:07:28 PM »
Deuce Johnson
Well, this is a learning experience for me...

What do you mean? That in contrast to the rest of society most here have little tolerance for even a passive or benign support of Homosexuals? Maybe you were looking for the Catholic Missions Forum, the Medodist Forum, or the Episcopal forum where they confuse love with acceptance and debate whether their Church should ordain Homosexuals. Here most are "Bible Believing" Christians who do not offer a false sense of security to homosexuals. We try and stick to more biblical standards where a spade is called a spade and Homosexuals are not gay, but an abomination to God. They are abominable, abnormal, ungodly, vile, unseemly, and with ungodly unnatural affections. And we don't apologize for using God's Word. I take it you are offended by this?

I've looked back over my posts in this thread (and there have been but two) to find a basis for your suggestions that I have been saying these things, but have found none.

Well when a number of Christians are posting saying that the laws decriminalizing sodomy are wrong, and demoaning how society is now accepting this abomination, our courts are overstepping it's boundaries, and you chime in agreeing with Eywon who basically asked why are we signling out homosexuals "as if" we should keep quiet about it, I'd say you need to look back over these posts again "in context."

You say you'ree not saying we should not speak out against Homosexuals. You're not saying we should respect Homosexuals. You're not saying the original post condemning the Judges decision decriminalizing homosexuality is right. And you're not saying Homosexuals are in God's image. What are you saying then? That you were really agreeing with all of us all the time about Homosexuals?

Afterward I asked, "God calls it an abomination, what do you call it?" And as is typical in these instances, you tritely minimized it saying,

"Don't forget He also calls faulty weights and measures an abomination.  (Proverbs 11:1)  Do you treat shopkeepers who rip people off the same way?"

That means, "So what, God calls it an abomination, no big deal since thieves are an abomination also." That's the only way anyone could reasonably take that remark. But I feel that it's an offensive remark to Christians who just want to do God's will.

Proverbs 15:9 "The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness."

We all know thieves are an abomination. But no one says why are you picking on thieves, or why are you picking on idolaters, but it's always, "Why are you picking on Homosexuals!" And that is because of society and the new PC agenda of subtle acceptance. As Tony says, the old "slow boiling frog" syndrome.

God doesn't call things abomination lightly. And anyone who has read the scriptures knows that homosexuality is singled out by God, not in one place, but in many places, including using it in the fall of Sodom, and in his illustrations of what happens when he gives people up to Satan because of societies declension.

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

If you expect us to apologize for what we see as you minimizing this sin of  vile affections and unnatural ungodly lust, you're wrong. I perceive you were implying that we should leave the Homosexuals alone and pick on some other sin. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But why else would you respond to a post saying Homosexuality was wrong in such a manner as you did? And now act as if your comments were really misunderstood? These are the same comments we get here everytime someone mentions anything about Homosexuals. We're use to hearing them. It's always the same PC comments that we're hateful for signgling them out, or asking where's the love for them, where's the respect, where's the compassion? The same PC responses all the time.

So when you say you looked and failed to find a basis for any suggestions that you have been saying these things, you didn't have to say them outright. By protesting what we were saying, what else could you be saying?

Put it this way. If you said that idolatry was a sin, and someone responded asking why are you picking on idolaters. And then as a third party I chimed in, "that guy has a good point," what would you think? Wouldn't you reasonably think that I was saying that you shouldn't be talking about the sin of idolatry? Since that is what I was talking about? Look over the posts again and show me anywhere where any christian said anything unchristian about homosexuals. We weren't calling for their beating, we were calling for a return to biblical principles saying that these vile actions should be treated in accordance to God's word, not the laws weakened in order to accept it. Not the PC way it is obviously being treated now.

Deuce Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2003, 03:20:02 PM »
No one said we should go out and hurt homosexuals, every post here was speaking out against the new laws and the misguided idea that these people deserve respect. So what are you protesting that we've said? I don't know a Church that won't accept homosexuals if they repent of their former sins. This type response is nonsense and you know it. But you're making it like we're all going out of our way to ostracize homosexuals who have repented. You know that's not true.

These were exactly my thoughts when I read the responses. What are they protesting that we said? I still cannot figure it out, and obviously they are not telling us either.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
 23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
 24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
 25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

Are we singling this abomination out, or is God singling it out as a sign of decline? I think God is.

jd@

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 12:50:17 AM »
You will understand, I hope, that I'm getting a bit sick of this thread...

Far be it from me to cry misunderstood, but I fear that people have been imputing thoughts and motives and opinions to me that I don't personally hold.

No one said we should go out and hurt homosexuals, every post here was speaking out against the new laws and the misguided idea that these people deserve respect. So what are you protesting that we've said? I

Who's protesting?  We had a mis-understanding over the word "respect" and it seems that has been cleared up.  

And we don't apologize for using God's Word. I take it you are offended by this?

Why would you take that?  

Well when a number of Christians are posting saying that the laws decriminalizing sodomy are wrong, and demoaning how society is now accepting this abomination, our courts are overstepping it's boundaries, and you chime in agreeing with Eywon who basically asked why are we signling out homosexuals

There are worse laws than legalising homosexuality...  

That you were really agreeing with all of us all the time about Homosexuals?

Well, I suspect we agree more than we differ.  If I'd realised it was such a sensitive topic I probably wouldn't have ventured in...

That means, "So what, God calls it an abomination, no big deal since thieves are an abomination also." That's the only way anyone could reasonably take that remark. But I feel that it's an offensive remark to Christians who just want to do God's will.

Sorry you were offended my friend.  But surely it would be equally reasonable to take the remark as "hey, we'd better start pestering the government to institute laws that elimnate corporate dishonesty."

If you expect us to apologize for what we see as you minimizing this sin of  vile affections and unnatural ungodly lust, you're wrong

Believe me, I wouldn't expect that in a thousand years.

And anyone who has read the scriptures knows that homosexuality is singled out by God, not in one place, but in many places, including using it in the fall of Sodom

Well, maybe I need to read the Bible more.   ::)  But if we did the number crunching as to what sins are mentioned most it might be interesting.  I'd bet my house that it's not homosexuality.

I perceive you were implying that we should leave the Homosexuals alone and pick on some other sin. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Apology accepted.   8)  I was implying that we should be picking on a lot of sins.  Though I personally think that the "picking on" differs as to whether we are talking about sin in general society, or sin in the church.  We need to be a lot stricter in our churches than we are in our communities.  I have the horrible sinking feeling that the homosexuality debate has already been lost in general society.

I'm a bit out of the whole PC debate, so I didn't realise that you would interpret my comments in those terms.

why else would you respond to a post saying Homosexuality was wrong in such a manner as you did? And now act as if your comments were really misunderstood?

Well, the simple explanantion would be that my comments were misunderstood...  8)

Thanks for your comprehensive reply Deuce.  Keep it coming...

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 10:56:51 AM »
and demoaning [sic] how society is now accepting this abomination, our courts are overstepping it's [sic] boundaries, and you chime in agreeing with Eywon [sic] who basically asked why are we signling [sic] out homosexuals

JD Ampersand,
Snide, very snide. You've only been here a few days, and already you're annoying. You don't have to point out every typo or misspelled word someone makes. You're not showing your intelligence, but your ignorance. You're not grading tests here.

Personally, I think he asked a couple good questions. I'm still waiting for your reasons for agreeing with the protest of the original posts. My guess is, you don't have a reason.

jd@

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 06:07:13 PM »
Snide, very snide. You've only been here a few days, and already you're annoying. You don't have to point out every typo or misspelled word someone makes. You're not showing your intelligence, but your ignorance. You're not grading tests here.

Bruce, you're absolutely right.  I was (perhaps justifiably?) annoyed when I wrote it, but there was no excuse for stooping so low.  Deuce (and everyone else), please accept my apology.  I was way out of line.

jd@

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 06:13:47 PM »
Personally, I think he asked a couple good questions. I'm still waiting for your reasons for agreeing with the protest of the original posts. My guess is, you don't have a reason.

On the contrary, we've been over this lots.  Other things are abominations in the Bible.  Just because it's an abomination, it doesn't mean it should be a crime.  There are worse laws than that of legalising homosexuality.  We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  We need to take out the motes in our own eyes before we worry about the beams in unbelievers' eyes, etc., etc.

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 06:44:41 PM »
Hey guys.
 Now our tax dollars are going to support homosexual public high schools. Anyone want to try and convince me it's not going from bad to worse to critical? And not a single Christian leader has one bad thing to say about this new development. No wonder Christians don't care.

Nation's First Gay Public High School to Open

Email this story

The Associated Press

July 28, 2003, 12:11 PM EDT

A small alternative public school program has been expanded into a full-fledged school for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students.

The Harvey Milk High School, an expansion of a 1984 city program consisting of two small classrooms for gay students, will enroll about 100 students and will open in the fall.

"I think everybody feels that it's a good idea because some of the kids who are gays and lesbians have been constantly harassed and beaten in other schools," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a briefing Monday. "It lets them get an education without having to worry. It solves a discipline problem. And from a pedagogical point of view, this administration -- and previous administrations -- have thought it was a good idea and we'll continue with that."

The school, at 2 Astor Place in the East Village, is undergoing a $3.2 million renovation approved by the old Board of Education last year.

The Hetrick-Martin Institute, a gay-rights youth advocacy group that has managed and financed the program since its inception, has hired William Salzman as principal of the new school.

Salzman is a former Wall Street executive who most recently served as assistant principal of guidance and business at Brooklyn's Automotive High School.

Salzman told the New York Post in Monday editions that the school will be academically challenging and will follow Schools Chancellor Joel Klein's mandatory English and math programs. It also will specialize in computer technology, arts and culinary arts.

State Conservative Party Chairman Mike Long criticized the creation of the school.

On its Web site, the Hetrick-Martin Institute describes the Harvey Milk School as "the nation's first accredited public high school designed to meet the needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth (LGBTQ)." It says the school "offers LGBTQ youth an opportunity to obtain a secondary education in a safe and supportive environment. ... We believe that success requires the ability to respect and value the diverse human community."

The school is named after San Francisco's first openly gay city supervisor, Harvey Milk, who was assassinated in 1978 along with Mayor George Moscone.

On the Net: www.nycenet.edu www.hmi.org

jd@

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 11:28:56 PM »
You're not showing your intelligence, but your ignorance

Now that I've apologised for my inappropriate behaviour, may I ask a question?  How on earth does this display one's ignorance??  I've come across this sort of thing before - surely it is not a demonstration of intelligence, but it does not follow that it's a demonstration of ignorance...

joossens

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 03:53:14 AM »
When I first heard the idea about an amendment to the constitution banning gay marriage I was all for it.  Now I'm not so sure.  When you forbid a child to do something what do they go and do?  I now see the wisdom in Romans 1:24 that says "God...gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves."  When Christians try to force unbelievers to live by biblical standards of holiness they resist with all their will.  Christians are seen as "the enemy" and are the last ones they would turn to when they become "sin sick."   You can't beat Christianity into people by attempting to take away the sins they so love in their fallen state.  Christians are not supposed to be conformed to this world.  That does not mean we are supposed to force the world to conform to a way of life only Christ can conform them to.  My thinking now is to let the world have their fill of their sins and let us Christians be there for them when they've had enough.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2003, 12:23:31 PM »
>>>
When I first heard the idea about an amendment to the constitution banning gay marriage I was all for it.  Now I'm not so sure.  When you forbid a child to do something what do they go and do?
<<<

This is typical of the madness of Christian thinking today, which is "no Christian thinking" at all. What man thinks is wise is actually the foolishness of humanism, a severely flawed science of reasoning.  ..with logic like you just demonstrated, it is self-evident that we should not then forbid a child to do anything they want to do, because they'll just want to do it more. That's thinking that is actually foolishness! I say, you are correct! It is foolishness and it is madness, but it is the wisdom of the world which sadly much of the church has bought into.

Ecclesiastes 7:25
  • "I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:"

1st Corinthians 3:19
  • "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."

Just because something seems wise in our own eyes, doesn't mean it is. To refrain from forbidding evil because it might encourage evil, is obviously foolishness. There is no other Biblical word for it.

>>>
I now see the wisdom in Romans 1:24 that says "God...gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves."
<<<

That there is wisdom in Romans is evident, but that this has anything to do with the issue at hand is debatable.

>>>
When Christians try to force unbelievers to live by biblical standards of holiness they resist with all their will.
<<<

First, Christians do not force anyone to live by Biblical standards. Where did you get that presupposition? We live in a Republic. The only power that Christians have is one vote a piece. How then are we forcing anyone to do anything?  We spread the gospel, and if anyone doesn't want to hear it, they don't have to listen to it. It's a relatively free country in that regard. ...for now.

Matthew 7:6
  • "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

We don't force Christianity on anyone, we freely preach the gospel of Christ, and those who will hear it, will hear it. The Roman Catholics and even some Reformers years ago attempted forcing the gospel upon people at the point of a sword. It didn't work then, and it won't work now. But preaching against laws that are against God's laws is not forcing anyone to do anything, despite the "Politically Correct" jargon. It is delusion to think so. It is the duty and work of every true Christian to stand for God's Word, just as Stephen did. Just as the old Hymn with the refrain:

Dare to be a Daniel
 Dare to stand alone
Dare to have a purpose firm
 Dare to make it known

This is not a wrong thing to do, it is an obligation of Christians to stand up for the word of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse people. We stand even though those all around us are settling, compromising, and making concessions with the devil. We know that the only real "force" that will turn men from their abominations is the power of the gospel. ..of which the "true" believers are not ashamed, and for which they do not apologize.

Romans 1:16
  • "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

This is the only "force" Christians use. Yes, condemning homosexuality and saying that removing laws against homosexuality and instituting news laws that legalize it, or that allow unnatural marriages are unGodly and should not be, is extremely unpopular these days. Being a true Christian is unpopular. It's not politically correct in the church, and certainly not in the world. It's considered hateful, foolish, and stressful, while not being against an amendment to the constitution banning gay marriage is considered the wise and prudent thing to do. But then the gospel truth has always been considered unwise or foolish, why should it be any different now.

1st Corinthians 1:18
  • "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

Christ died so that we could preach the gospel of truth without fear. Even as Stephen.

>>>
Christians are seen as "the enemy" and are the last ones they would turn to when they become "sin sick."
<<<

Where have you been? Christians were 'always' seen as the enemy, and these people wouldn't know sin sickness if it jumped up and bit them--except God be merciful and draw them. They look at us as the enemy because we are the enemy of unrighteousness.

Matthew 10:34-38
  • "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
  • For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
  • And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
  • He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
  • And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me."

No, the problem is not that Christians are seen as the enemy, the problem is that the Christians have become the friend. Christians refuse to abide with any tribulation, or to take up the cross and follow Him. Christians have forsaken being lawfully correct, to join the chorus of the politically correct. What homosexual will look upon Christians who say they agree we should decriminalize homosexuality and that says we should not speak out against these changes, as an enemy? None Will. That's delusionary. These type Christians are friends with the way of the world, not enemies. They'll use and love them until it's no longer convenient. Because these type Christians have forsaken God as their head, committing spiritual adultery against Him. That's what friendship with the world does.

James 4:4
  • "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Rather than be the candlestick that was to be set upon a hill that it shine and be the light of the world (Matthew 5:14-16), the unfaithful bride has become the thing cheering on the darkness under the guise of a vain philosophy that, "darkness will make them friends of the light."

That's Foolishness with God, but that's the wisdom of the world.

>>>
You can't beat Christianity into people by attempting to take away the sins they so love in their fallen state.
<<<

How far we have come when preaching against homosexuality and keeping laws forbidding it, is now considered "Beating Christianity Into People." I suppose we should then throw up our hands and say all is well, ignore the law, keep your sin, you shall have peace?

Romans 7:7-13
  • "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
  • But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
  • For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
  • And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
  • For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
  • Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
  • Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful."[/i]
>>>
My thinking now is to let the world have their fill of their sins and let us Christians be there for them when they've had enough.
<<<

The unsaved never have enough of their sins unless God "drags" them to Christ (John 6:44). That's like the hyper-calvinists saying, "lets not evangelize let's just sit back and wait for the wicked to look for us." While it's true no man can come to Christ except the father draw Him, that does not mean the church should forsake the great commission.  Perhaps the world has no Savour because the church is no longer the salt of the earth? Perhaps the world is having their fill of sin "because" the sound of Christians are not there as a witness to the truth. Perhaps the world is becoming dark "because" the candlestick which God Instituted to be the Light of the world is not prepared with oil to light the paths of reconciliation? Perhaps if the virgins do not trim their lamps, then it is they themselves who are responsible for the darkness, and the way the wicked cannot find?

The point is, faith comes by hearing, not by keeping quiet and being politically correct. And the word of the gospel is both a defense and an offense. How are the saints overcome and trodden under foot? Because there is a breach in their Spiritual defenses. The word of God is being silenced.

Romans 10:15-17
  • "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
  • But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
  • So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Without the word of God, is there any wonder that people are departing from the faith? Faith comes by hearing. But with the attitudes of most Christians that we should not shine the light too brightly lest we blind someone, is part of the plague of darkness sweeping over this world. Selah. Why would we even think it a mystery that the world is becoming progressively darker when there are so many "closet apologists" for homosexual tolerance by the church. No one should really be surprised.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Deuce Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2003, 09:15:55 AM »
Hey guys.
Now our tax dollars are going to support homosexual public high schools. Anyone want to try and convince me it's not going from bad to worse to critical?

Kyle,
  Chill out. I hear it's really not that bad and we should just shut up. Are we Christians just exagerating. Stop picking on homosexuality and pick on children stealing candy. That's an abomination too   >:(

And I'll bet there is not a single pastor preaching about the evil of homosexuality. They're preaching about tolerance.

Deuce Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2003, 09:29:28 AM »
Alternative Lifestyle (Sodomy)

1.      Alternative Lifestyle:  Proverbs 16:25
            a.       Lie of Satan  (seemeth right)
            b.      Life of Sin (ways of death)
2.      Abomination:  Leviticus 18:22
            a.       God`s creation, Genesis 1:27  "male and female"
            b.      God`s character,  Leviticus 11:44  "I am holy"
         c.      God's decision,  Leviticus 20:13 "It is abomination"
3.      Against Nature:  Romans 1:26-27
            a.       Shame to humanity  (against nature)
            b.      Sexual perversion  (leaving the natural use of the woman)
            c.      An appropriate reward and that which they deserved.
4.      Aids Epidemic:  Romans 1:24
            a.       Plague of homosexuality  "uncleanness"
            b.      Possibly the judgment of God  "God gave them up."
5.      Answer:  I Corinthians 6:9-11
            a.       Redemption by the blood
            b.      Repentance from sin

Conclusion:  Sodomy or the unnatural abomination of Homosexuality is not an alternative lifestyle, it is a gross sin. It`s a sin against a Holy God and against humanity. God hates it! It is God`s design to save the sinner if they will repent from their sin.

Deuce Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2003, 09:37:30 AM »
When I first heard the idea about an amendment to the constitution banning gay marriage I was all for it.  Now I'm not so sure.  When you forbid a child to do something what do they go and do?

You cannot be serious! Don't ban gay marriages because gays might marry? That's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard a Chrisrtian make. It doesn't even deserve a response but I can't believe you actually believe that.

Proverbs 12:15 "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."

I'm just so sick of the excuses by so-called christians for allowing every abominable thing that man can dream of. Excuses which are so lame that they don't even make sense. excuses like not banning homosexual marriages because it might make homosexuals marry. Some of the Christians on this forum are simply incredible.  :(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]