[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why I Am Still A Catholic  (Read 19118 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Why I Am Still A Catholic
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »
The roman catholic church is the only church that can trace it's heritage all the way back to Peter. Can your church? It is the only church that has authority.

Mat 16:15  He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20  Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

The True Church can only come all the way back to CHRIST, not Peter. Jesus Christ is the HEAD of the Church, not Peter.

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Mar 13:34  For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

RCC is NOT true church, because they believe it built upon a man, Peter.  The true church is making up of every man to do the work of Christ. They are True Christians coming out of peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings, even Roman Catholic Church! 

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 09:55:57 AM »
>>>
The roman catholic church is the only church that can trace it's heritage all the way back to Peter.

The True Church can only come all the way back to CHRIST, not Peter. Jesus Christ is the HEAD of the Church, not Peter.
<<<

AMEN! Some people just cannot seem to understand that Godly Heritage is not through men, but through God. Israel made that same mistake, thinking that by succession from the stock of Abraham and through the law, they were something that they were not (Galatians 3:17-18). They, like Roman Catholics, fail to understand that heritage or inheritance is not by succession of men, nor by the Church traditions, nor by law, it is by promise through faith of Christ. God gave it to Abraham by Promise, and to Paul by Promise, and to us by Promise. Do you see a pattern here? They were all the assembly of God, not through Abraham, not through Peter, but through the heritage and faith of Christ.

Hebrews 11:8-10
  • "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
  • By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
  • For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

And we have the same heritage, the same inheritance, the same Promise.

>>>
...all the way back to Peter.
<<<

The one "TRUE" Holy Universal Church can trace its roots all the way back (or forward) to Christ, because they are literally His "blood" relatives. A part of God's family by blood, through the regeneration in becoming Sons of God. Their heritage is not in Peter, but in Christ, through His shed blood! That is the "ONLY" heritage of man that counts with God!

1st Peter 1:3-4
  • "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
  • To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,"

To a heritage incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven. Unlike the Roman Catholic Church, the true heritage, our heritage, past, present and future, is incorruptible.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

fredoesfly

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »
  Why do you worship Mary as she did not die for your sins..1Tim. 2:5 There is one God and One mediator between
God and man..The Man Christ Jesus...Mary had other children after her FIRST Born who is the Lord of Glory. By the way , who is that abomination on your cross? The Lord Jesus Christ is risen to heaven and is Alive interceding for HIS Chosen people..Your traditions have superceded the True Faith of Believing and receiving the Christ as Savior and Lord. By the way the Bible says He that findeth a wife finds a good thing...so much or the stupid command of the "church" to stay unmarried ..not to mention the perverts that molest children  and then get caught to only be move to another Die cees..pun intended. I am glad to find this web site to speak my Sane Mind which has been transformed by Christ Jesus.

charlye

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
Doug, I've given you this before, but you didn't read it. For all of you fence sitters and line straddlers, there are only two types of religions in the world. False ones and the true one. Try and get that through your heads because only one has to do with real love of God.

Roman Catholicism: A Biblical Analysis

Yeah, Right!   ::)

That's what happens with a bad doctrine like Sola Scriptura. You can't analyse the Catholic Church.

Just curious .. what exactly does sola scriptura mean to you .. and what, in your estimation, makes it a "bad doctrine".    :)

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life"
(1 Jn 5:13)

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
Just curious .. what exactly does sola scriptura mean to you .. and what, in your estimation, makes it a "bad doctrine".    :)

Its a man made doctrine of "Bible Alone" put together by a band of rebels that abandoned the faith, traitors to the One True Roman Catholic Church.

What makes it a bad doctrine is that it is not from the True Church, but a band of rebels and infidels. If it was from God, it would be taught by the Church.

1 Timothy 3:15
 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

The layman is not the expositor of truth. The One Church that can trace itself all the way back to Peter is.  Does that answer your questions?

kingdom-heir

• n/a
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
Believing something does not make it truth! If you want to believe Catholic doctrines are truth, how about studying your Church history? I did. One of the books I read was The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop, anther was, Roman Catholicism by Loraine Boettner
another is The Grand Design Exposed by John Daniel plus several others. I suppose there is a little problem for someone who is a true Catholic, your heirarchy won't allow you to read books that expose their lies! Catholicism is Paganism dressed up with christian names.

Halle

• "Because He Lives"
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 07:06:07 AM »

Why I Left the Catholic Church

http://www.justforcatholics.org/a30.htm

By Dr Joe Mizzi

ray

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
NOTHING in the Bible contradicts the Catholic Church
and nothing in the teachings of the Catholic Church contradicts the Bible...NOTHING!!

Ok , so how do you reconcile this with the scriptures................

Cannon 9
If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone,[114] meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.

Once again , the " leaven " of Catholicism is laid bare by the bible, but by the admission of the person who wrote this , the bible is not the final arbiter of truth, the Catholic church has the final say. So what does Gods word say?

Ephesians 2:8-9

.  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.
                       .  Not of works , lest any man should boast.

Catholicism falls down before it even gets up, the  most fundamental of christian doctrine has been savaged by countless imposters, but really , there is nothing new going on here. The Pharisees believed in their own works, the Catholic church has gladly obliged , and today we still see folks wanting to merit their own salvation . Perhaps the real reason why you are still a Catholic is because you have failed to understand that when God says he will save his people by grace , He actually means what he says.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:25 AM »
NOTHING in the Bible contradicts the Catholic Church
and nothing in the teachings of the Catholic Church contradicts the Bible...NOTHING!!

Ok , so how do you reconcile this with the scriptures................

Cannon 9
If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone,[114] meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.

What do you mean how do I justify it? You're not making any sense. Clearly the scriptures say faith without works is dead (Jas 2:20), and just as clearly scripture says we are judged by our works.

Rev 20:12
 "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing in the presence of the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged by those things which were written in the books, according to their works".

I should ask you how do you justify faith without works. You're the one contradicting the Church and the scriptures.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 08:16:48 AM »
This might sound a ridiculous thing to say, and maybe it is, especially since I've just finished a long night shift.

You're right, it is ridiculous, beside from being against forum rules. Try and stick to the scriptures rather than Ad hominem attacks on the Catholic Church without basis of scripture or doctrine.

Proverb 11:12
 "He that despiseth his friend, is mean of heart: but the wise man will hold his peace".

Moderator, Please delete his post. Thanks!

ray

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
What do you mean how do I justify it? You're not making any sense. Clearly the scriptures say faith without works is dead (Jas 2:20), and just as clearly scripture says we are judged by our works.

Doug , I'm on my way to work and when I have time I will post something substantive, but in the interim , I would ask you to consider this verse.

Romans 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 04:43:44 PM »

Doug , I'm on my way to work and when I have time I will post something substantive, but in the interim , I would ask you to consider this verse.

Romans 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I never said we weren't justified by faith. I said we are not justified by faith alone. You see, you guys just keep putting words in my mouth or implying things that are not true, or like JohnDunningUK just ranting about the Roman Catholic Church and Jehovah Witnesses without defending a doctrine and without basis of scripture. For the record, we are justified by faith.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »

That's a good question. I don't know what the smiley face is for though. It is a bad doctrine because it makes a book God, when God set the Church and gave them authority to teach the people, not the other way around. Scripture is good, scripture alone is not good because then you have 50 different sects and cults all teaching something different.

Matt 18:17
"And if he will not hear them, tell the church: And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican".

You are to hear the Church, but you won't because you worship a book.

SavedByGrace

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
It seems to me that debating with someone using a different authority will surely go nowhere.  It is like trying to reason with someone using the Koran and you using your Bible, there surely can be no agreement apart from where the Koran might agree with the Bible. 

The only subject worthy of discussion is “What is your authority” and we must leave it at that.  In America we have “Freedom of Religion”, so he very much has a right and freedom to believe and practice what he wishes. 

Furthermore; John 12:40  "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them."  Are you so presumptuous to think if God blinds their eyes, you can circumvent the almighty God in restoring their eye-sight?  I personally don’t think so.
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
There is no other church on earth whose teachings and beliefs can be proven more completely from the Bible than those of the Catholic Church. Every teaching and belief of the Catholic Church is found in the Scriptures...either explicitly or implicitly.

Surely you jest! Mary's perpetual virginity is not found anywhere in scripture  explicitly or implicitly. Inerrant Church leaders is not found anywhere in scripture either explicitly or implicitly. Purgatory is not only not found in scripture,  explicitly or implicitly, but the very idea that man could purge his own sins after death is a doctrine of devils.

Galatians 1:9
 "As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed".

If our sins are not all purged by Christ, then we aren't Christian and no purgatory can save us.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]