[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Great Hail of Revelation 16:21  (Read 6424 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Great Hail of Revelation 16:21
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:43:31 PM »
Rev 16:21
  • And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

I am curious if anyone can explain what this verse might means? Why will every stone be about the weight of a talent? And how will men blasphemed God because of hail?

I thought maybe like the locusts and frogs in Revelation, every stone of hail with weight of a (one) talent all refers to false prophets? For example:

Mat 25:24-26
  • Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strewed:
  • And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
  • His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strewed:

A man received one talent represents corporate believers or false prophets who will not do God's will. In Revelation, God is sending hails of false prophets and by their doctrines and acts, the men who are deceived by them blasphemed God.

Does it sounds about right to you? Let me know if you can suggest otherwise.

Blessings,
Erik Diamond

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
Re: Great Hail of Revelation 16:21
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:21:57 AM »
I am curious if anyone can explain what this verse might means? Why will every stone be about the weight of a talent? And how will men blasphemed God because of hail?

A talent is a unit of weight and means 'something weighed' in Greek talanton, that is a coin or object that had value, something with a certain weight. The talent was the largest of the weights. Greek weights increased from stater, mina to talent. Roman weights went from drachma, shekel, mina to talent. The Hebrew weights went from shekel, mina, to talent. A talent was a large amount, the largest of the bartering weights or coins. Barter was the means of exchange in Israel -- a certain amount of livestock for a certain weight of silver or gold, but standardization of weights varied considerably.

No doubt God is emphasizing that the hailstones weighed out as a talent to demonstrate how heavy they were and perhaps because the talent was common to Greek, Roman, and Jew -- and for that matter was used by the Assyrians, Babylonians and peoples of Mesopotamia. 

Spiritually I'm not sure the implication. It could be in reference to the fact that even the most unfaithful servant is entrusted, as a minimum, one talent of responsibility by God. We could think of a talent weight as the basic weight of truth supplied by God's grace to the unregenerate -- the redeemed man would receive multiples of this -- two or five talents. The redeemed use these God given gifts to produce increase for God's glory -- faith to faith. But the unregenerate hides the smaller amount of truth about God -- shares it with no one -- and yields nothing, not willing to trust God for an increase.

As to hail: Hailstone are stored up by God and kept for judgment against the ungodly when God repays them in His wrath. The day of battle and war is no doubt a reference to the battle we find in Rev 16 -- the battle where God defeats the wicked -- a Great Day -- Judgment Day.

Job 38:22-23
22 --  Have you entered into the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 --  which I have reserved for the time of distress for the day of battle and war?

The time reference "I am coming as a thief" is clearly the return of Christ on the clouds in Judgment on that last day. The wicked of the earth, Satan, and the demons are weighed in the balance (talent) and found wanting.

Rev 16:14-16
14 --  For they are spirits of demons doing signs, which go forth to the kings of the earth, even of the whole habitable world to assemble them to the war of that day, the great day of God Almighty.
15 --  Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is the one watching and keeping his garments, that he does not walk naked, and they may see his shame.
16 --  And He assembled them in the place having been called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

Throughout the Bible God uses Hailstones to punish those who would attack His people -- Egypt (Exodus Chapter 9), the Amorites under Joshua (Joshua Chapter 10), and even backslidden Jerusalem (Isa 28). Revelation 16 is that day when the wicked who thought God was not watching, that He wouldn't judge them, who proudly sought to defy God - are crushed by the wrath of God.

Rev 16:21
21 --  And a great hail, as the size of a talent, came down out of the heaven upon men. And men blasphemed God from the plague of the hail, because its plague is exceedingly great.

Even Jerusalem has brought judgment on itself by its unrepentant disdain for the things of God. Those of Israel who are not Israel will suffer great loss -- those who profess Christ will say "Lord, Lord" and be cast out of the Kingdom.

Isa 28:1-3
1 --  Woe to the crown of pride of the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower on the head of the fat valley of those who are overcome with wine!
2 --  Behold, the Lord is a mighty and strong one; like a hailstorm, a destroying storm; like a storm of mighty waters overflowing; He sets down to the earth with His hand.
3 --  The crown of pride of the drunkards of Ephraim shall be trampled down.

Perhaps we can reason that the hailstones weighed like a talent because the judgment of God is given back to them in likeness to their offense. They hid a talent of silver (truth) and earn a talent of hailstone (wrath of God). Those unworthy slaves are the Israel that is not Israel, the slave who knows the will of God but does the will of man. Do we not see the same parable as the talents? Those who are given much (a talent is the largest weight measure) are demanded much by God. 

Luk 12:46-49
46 --  the Lord of that slave will come in the day in which he does not expect, and in an hour which he does not know. And He will cut him apart and will put his portion with the unbelievers.
47 --  But that slave knowing the will of his Lord, and not preparing, nor doing according to His will, will be beaten with many stripes.
48 --  But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, will be beaten with few. And everyone given much, much will be demanded from him. And to whom much was deposited, more exceedingly they will ask of him.
49 --† I came to hurl fire into the earth, and what will I if it already has been lit?

The conclusion is that the slave not knowing the masters will and doing things worthy of stripes is the same parabolic example as the man who received one talent and hid it. He received the smallest of the measures, one talent, and in likeness he receives one talent of hailstone in punishment. The very fact that those in view are slaves -- Christians in name -- emphasizes that judgment begins with the house of God -- if the righteous barely escape what of the rest?

To this Christ seems to allude by saying "I came to hurl fire into the earth ...", that is, the Gospel is a double edged sword and there is a fire that cleanses a man and a fire that burns -- whichever will be is determined on That Day -- when the wood, straw, stubble is burned up because the works done were evil. Jesus is emphasizing that now that He will go to the cross that fire "has been lit" and men are responsible for what they do with this Truth, for there is a heavy price to pay the greater your knowledge of that Truth. Fire is indeed hurled upon the earth.

Of course, hailstones do not fall upon God's elect, nor are they to be beaten with stripes -- but we can extend the metaphor to conclude that Jesus in being our substitute was indeed beaten with stripes and by His stripes we are healed -- all on account of your and my sin. His had a baptism that He was anxious to be baptized with. Likewise, the fire that Jesus said would be lit (...and what will I if it already has been lit?), must be lit by the Father against Him -- and so Jesus came into the world for this purpose, and He could not relax until He had completed the whole of it.

If we understand that Jesus took the hailstones of God's fiery wrath on our account then how much more the rest of mankind. And should we be surprised that whether they knew much or little about God -- they all "blasphemed God from the plague of the hail, because its plague is exceedingly great" who would not do the master's will. How much more do we thank God that there was One who given the exceedingly great 'weight' of redeeming us did His Master's will on our behalf. Whether we have two or five talents, it is but a light burden in comparison with the yoke that the Master carried. If we are good and faithful servants it is by the Power of our Master -- and if we earn double it because God gave the increase.

The wicked are those that God reaps where He did not sow -- a warning that none will escape the accounting. If the Spirit of Truth was sown in you then examine yourself to see if there is increase and if you do not find more weight than what you started with, go back to the Holy Bank and pray wherein God's interest might be given to you. The unrepentant are too slothful to even do this little. The unprofitable servant will have a reward of hailstones of the weight like unto a talent.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:50:21 AM »
Thank you John.

I am interested to know when will be the timing of this great hailstones falling upon men?  During Armageddon (which is actually second part of Great Tribulation period), or at Second Coming?

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

DIpraise100

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »
Hi Erik,
  I'm going to be brave and jump in here for I have read the parable of the talents over and over. 
  I thought maybe like the locusts and frogs in Revelation, every stone of hail with weight of a (one) talent all refers to false prophets? For example:
  I don't see how the talent would refer to the false prophets -they would not have blasphemed God for this because men LOVE the words of the false prophet.
  2Ti 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears
  As for Johns reply about the talent being the heaviest weight-I haven't read this in the Bible.  If it was the weight that mattered why did God not use the millstone as the example for the weight of the hail??
  My question is the hail (which is just frozen water) a picture of the TRUE gospel which is falling on these men.  It is a talents worth which is what is given to prophets (whether true or false) to further the kingdom.  These talents of hail (measures of God's word) falling on these men is why they blasphemed God, for it was the TRUE word. ?????????
  As for the timing????  I am still confused about the great tribulation!!  You believe that there is no salv. during the GT. All I KNOW is that God saved me in 1999.  Are we in the GT-I do believe that MANY churches are preachin a false salv. (the sinner chooses God).  If you believe this indicates GT and that we have been in it as some teach since 1985 (?) then there IS salv. in GT-otherwise we are not in GT.  Setting all of this aside- could the timing for this be-when the TRUE elect leave the churches and when doing so preach TRUE salv. message (the hail of the talents) to those in congregation causing those left in the congregation anger and blaspheme God? 
  I hope I haven't been to confusing to you.  Dianna

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »
 Mt 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

Note the distinction between he that had been given one talent. He's the one under judgement. And it's the weight of one talent that falls on the head of those under judgement. It's all related.  In this parable, that he that received only one talent is called to an account for his failure to work. The one talent is designed to show that no one is excused for being lazy because all have been given some weight (a talent) to start with. No one is excused because he thinks his God-given skills are of little value. God will require of the people according to their true ability in what he has given them. Not their slothfulness. Because God has given each of us some weight or talents that we must use.

1Co 4:1  Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

We've all been given of God as stewards of weighty matters, and what we do with them is what really matters.

Lu 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. Which brings us to Revelation 16.

isn't it the church that has been given much?

Re 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Is it possible that the weight being a talent is to show that they are giving a certain accounting for their sins. A day of reckoning for what was given them and how they misused it?

Mt 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
 19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

So the talents the Lord gives us must be used to the glory of God, else the Lord will rain upon you a great hail according to the one talent you have hidden in the earth instead of using it to the glory of God. That would be those who aren't really Christians to work and bear fruit, but just took the name Christian and hid the one talent away as if that would save him. The weight of that same unused talent will fall upon them.

Those are my thoughts on it.

DIpraise100

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »
Those are my thoughts on it.
 Reformer, I like those thoughts.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 04:27:38 PM »
  I don't see how the talent would refer to the false prophets -they would not have blasphemed God for this because men LOVE the words of the false prophet.

Rev 16:8  And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
Rev 16:9  And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Rev 16:10  And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
Rev 16:11  And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Do you think the men will throw fists into the air at God while their bodies are literally on fire? Or will they curse with their flashlights at God when they cannot see anything in the city? So,, biblically, how will they blaspheme God?  By THEIR ACTION, they do not repent or give glory to God like Godís Elects have.
  2Ti 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Correct, they preferred false doctrines and lying signs over Godís Word. This is HOW they blasphemed God and they do not know it! Again the great city is on fire and they also knew it not!

As for the timing?   I am still confused about the great tribulation!!  You believe that there is no salv. during the GT.

I am sorry to say but it is true. The bible said there will be no salvation AFTER God has sealed ALL of His people, then only the Great Tribulation can starts, Rev 7:1-4.

All I KNOW is that God saved me in 1999.  Are we in the GT-I do believe that MANY churches are preachin a false salv. (the sinner chooses God).  If you believe this indicates GT and that we have been in it as some teach since 1985 (?) then there IS salv. in GT-otherwise we are not in GT.

No man knows exactly when God has finished sealing his people. And no man knows exactly when Satan has been loosened.   Frankly, it is really pointless to figure out with the date they assume when Great Tribulation started.  Salvation is Godís business and if you are serious about your salvation, pray to God and do His Will.  All we will know whether we are in Great Tribulation is when you can see and understand the Ďsignsí of the Great Tribulation, then you will know Jesusí coming is at the door. That is all we need to know. No date setting is needed!

Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29  And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30  When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31  So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

God is saying that WHEN you start to see things begin to come to pass, you will know that summer or second coming of Christ is near.  What these things? Of course, He talked about abomination of desolation, armies surrounding Jerusalem, false prophets, spiritual famine, signs in sun moon stars, etc. When you start to see these things, you, yourselves, will KNOW that Jesusí coming is near. No date setting needed at all!  So please spare me from their 1988, 1994, 2011 predications that other group are trying to do.

Setting all of this aside- could the timing for this be-when the TRUE elect leave the churches and when doing so preach TRUE salv. message (the hail of the talents) to those in congregation causing those left in the congregation anger and blaspheme God?

The hailstones arenít salvation gospel.  It is judgment from God. 

Rev 11:11  And after three days and a half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12  And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Rev 11:13  And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Two Witnesses were lying dead WITHIN the city for 3-1/2 days which represented the first part of Great Tribulation period.  God's Elects were still in the city as Satan attacks the church with all false prophets from all angles. They are the armies that surrounding the city.  But time has come when God sees that the city BECOME desolation, He alerted His people with His Spirit of Life so that they can SEE and Understand that the abomination of desolation so they will flee from the city. This way they will not harm by the plagues that will fall upon the city.   As they flee, they prophesy AGAINST those in the city as enemy beheld them.  They can 'see' locusts attacking the unbelievers in the city. They can 'see' the frogs (false prophets) are all over the city. They can 'see' the hailstones falls upon those in the city as JUDGMENT.  The enemy will hear our prophesy testifies against them and they are angry and hate us for mobility.   Unlike men who remains in the church who unawarely blasphemed God, only the remnant who has fled CAN give glory to the God of heaven. The remnant are Godís Elects who have stood afar from the city as God judges her with hailstones.   

Peace,
Erik

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »
<<<A man received one talent represents corporate believers or false prophets who will not do God's will. In Revelation, God is sending hails of false prophets and by their doctrines and acts, the men who are deceived by them blasphemed God. Does it sounds about right to you? Let me know if you can suggest otherwise.>>>

Erik,

If you look at Ezekiel 13 ,you may find your answer.

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;
3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!
4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.
5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.
6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.
9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.
10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:
11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.
12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?  Ezekiel 13.

We are commanded to prophecy against false prophets,because they seduced the people of God,and build up a wall with untempered morter.This whole chapter applies to the church.They are the people of God.They are the ones that know God.It has to apply to the external visible,corporate church.All outside the churches, can not be seduced away from God,as those people do not know the true God ,and only those that have been exposed to the truth can be seduced.In verse eleven God calls the false prophets great hailstones.

andreas.
kai ean diabainhs diĘ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »
We are commanded to prophecy against false prophets,because they seduced the people of God,and build up a wall with untempered morter.This whole chapter applies to the church.They are the people of God.They are the ones that know God.It has to apply to the external visible,corporate church.All outside the churches, can not be seduced away from God,as those people do not know the true God ,and only those that have been exposed to the truth can be seduced.In verse eleven God calls the false prophets great hailstones.

Thank you for the chapter and verses. It does seem to support our suggestion that hailstones are false prophets and the men blasphemed to God becasue they embraces the false doctrines and lying signs from the false prophets. That is how the city fell by itself.

And, Andreas, does my position from previous message makes any sense?

Erik

andreas

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 11:35:52 PM »
One more thing ,regarding the meaning of wall.The Hebrew word translated wall,(in verse 10) is chayits.The meaning is without,as opposed to within.You are either without the camp,or within the camp,just as you are either within the inner or outer courts.

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. Revelation 11.

andreas.
kai ean diabainhs diĘ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

DIpraise100

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 11:42:21 PM »
Erik,  I said I was going to be brave and jump in on this thread-I sense and attitude from you that makes me sorry I did.So please spare me from their 1988, 1994, 2011 predications that other group are trying to do.
  Hopefully this is not the case.  You must understand that not everyone has read the Bible as long as others-all I am wanting to do is understand.
Setting all of this aside- could the timing for this be-when the TRUE elect leave the churches and when doing so preach TRUE salv. message (the hail of the talents) to those in congregation causing those left in the congregation anger and blaspheme God?

The hailstones arenít salvation gospel.  It is judgment from God.

Erik, I did not mean that they preached the gospel to get people saved but that those that are the elect and do leave the church preach God's "word" to them which "brings judgement on them" because they deny the true gospel. As a result they are blasphemeing God.   For instance, before we left our church we met with the pastor and confronted his preaching a false gospel, false 1000 yr reighn-after we left we sent letters to congregation explaining why we left, false gospel, false 1000 yr reign.  Was it to get people saved persay-NO it was to stand for truth.  I am quite sure they did not like what we had to say-therefore denying the truth and blaspheme God.
  Do you think the men will throw fists into the air at God while their bodies are literally on fire? Or will they curse with their flashlights at God when they cannot see anything in the city?  I am not understanding your point here-did I say anything about "literal" fire or flashlights? As I stated before I hope I haven't been to confusing to you.  Dianna

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 11:56:54 PM »
I said I was going to be brave and jump in on this thread-I sense and attitude from you that makes me sorry I did.So please spare me from their 1988, 1994, 2011 predications that other group are trying to do.

Hopefully this is not the case.  You must understand that not everyone has read the Bible as long as others-all I am wanting to do is understand.

My apologize. I did not mean to response directly at you. I was writing in response to readers in general because I knew there are some people where who comes from other group that believe in date-setting. Don't be afraid, I was glad you asked.   

The hailstones arenít salvation gospel.  It is judgment from God.

Erik, I did not mean that they preached the gospel to get people saved but that those that are the elect and do leave the church preach God's "word" to them which "brings judgement on them" because they deny the true gospel. As a result they are blasphemeing God.   For instance, before we left our church we met with the pastor and confronted his preaching a false gospel, false 1000 yr reighn-after we left we sent letters to congregation explaining why we left, false gospel, false 1000 yr reign.  Was it to get people saved persay-NO it was to stand for truth.  I am quite sure they did not like what we had to say-therefore denying the truth and blaspheme God.

Okay. I might misunderstand, because you said, "when doing so preach TRUE salv. message....". I thought you talked about salvation gospel.  Anyway, yes, you are correct. Keep in mind that people celebrated over the bodies of Two Witnesses for 3-1/2 years (symoblical period). They promoted and exchanged false doctrines (gifts) now that our testimony have been 'silenced'.  So their abominations have increases so much that it will bring its city into desolation. When we 'stood up' and testify against them. They got angrier and embraced their false prophets even more as 'if' God send them more false prophets so that they will believe a lie.

Help this helps,
Erik

DIpraise100

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 09:03:47 AM »
My apologize. Accepted Erik.  Since we left the church we get our teaching from the intenet.  We use mountain retreat and two other sights we feel are truthful.  The other two do date set and though I don't understand how they come to figure the date the other teaching has helped us tremendously. We don't hold the date setting or other things we might not agree with against them, we gleen what we can.  We have no where else to go as we know no one who believes as we do, so this is it.  It is much better than being in church I must say.   Dianna

andreas

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
<<< We use mountain retreat and two other sights we feel are truthful.>>>

This is a good oasis for thirsty travellers.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bkolberg/

andreas.

DIpraise100

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »
Thank You Andreas, I will check it out.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]